Sponsored

Do You Have A Car Care/Detailing Question?

Joseph@AdamsAU

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamspolishes.com.au
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
VW Caddy
Hi All,

I know most of our clients love their cars and want to treat them the best so they look the best. If you have any questions, concerns or need help on all aspects of detailing & car care, let me know in this thread and I will answer them.

You can also PM directly.

If you have any pictures which accompany your question, please upload them so we can work through them together.

Shine On!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have some light scratches, just from 20 months of washing and ownership (I should have ceramic coated as soon as I bought it). I doubt it needs more than a light polish, as it's waxed every six months with Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore Carnuba wax, and sealed every three months with Blackfire Crystal Seal. I don't trust myself to learn how to machine polish on a $40k car, and have zero experience with anything other than wash/clay/seal/wax.

Can you recommend a technique and product that you sell that would help me get rid of those fine scratches in prep for a ceramic coating?

JR

OP
OP
Joseph@AdamsAU

Joseph@AdamsAU

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamspolishes.com.au
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
VW Caddy
I have some light scratches, just from 20 months of washing and ownership (I should have ceramic coated as soon as I bought it). I doubt it needs more than a light polish, as it's waxed every six months with Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore Carnuba wax, and sealed every three months with Blackfire Crystal Seal. I don't trust myself to learn how to machine polish on a $40k car, and have zero experience with anything other than wash/clay/seal/wax.

Can you recommend a technique and product that you sell that would help me get rid of those fine scratches in prep for a ceramic coating?

JR
Without seeing the paint in person and assessing it with proper lighting it makes the following answer a challenge, however I'll post my thoughts on it.

Whenever you see swirls or scratches, the severity of these scratches will rate differently depending who looks at them i.e owner vs. onlooker vs. pro detailer.

If you have swirls the go to is polishing and/or paint correction. Polishing for light swirls and paint correction for deeper swirls.

You can surely try polishing by hand and assess the results. Adam's Revive Polish and Blue Hex Grip Applicator is designed to be used by hand. If by lightly polishing the surface removes the light swirls you've found the solution. However if the swirls remain, you need paint correction by machine.

Now can you apply a ceramic coating on top of light swirls? Absolutely! It isn't recommended as the ceramic coating will enhance gloss and amplify the paint condition underneath, essentially showing the swirls some more. Further to this the ceramic coating won't bond as well compared to freshly corrected paint, decreasing it's lifetime.

I suggest you try Revive Polish with Hex Grip Applicator first. If the results are where you want them to be go ahead and apply ceramic prep and then a coating of your choice. We have a ceramic coating perfect for DIY and professional use or you can opt for one you've used previously.

hope this helps, if not please let me know.
Sponsored