Sponsored

Mach 1 S550 Mustang First Video

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Yes but that's my point the standard 2018 GT will already be tweaked.
Hell I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even a 5.0 but a 5.2,(don't they now do the spraybore process in house) as torque (ie capacity increase) is what It really needs to compete against the Camaro
Really doubt the 2018 will get any different engines even in the Mach1, especially if it will only be a package option like the GT/CS.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Really doubt the 2018 will get any different engines even in the Mach1, especially if it will only be a package option like the GT/CS.
I am 100% certain ALL small block ford V8's are going to get DI and spray liner technology for 2018.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I am 100% certain ALL small block ford V8's are going to get DI and spray liner technology for 2018.
How can you be so sure? Inside info? Otherwise I doubt that's true. Even the second generation of the EcoBoost 3.5 V6 that Ford just unveiled this week for the F-150 has both port and direct injection. If anything, I'd bet Ford will go this route to avoid the DI issues. I wouldn't wanna buy a GT that's all gunked up after 50k miles or requires an aftermarket catch can I have to constantly empty.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
How can you be so sure? Inside info? Otherwise I doubt that's true. Even the second generation of the EcoBoost 3.5 V6 that Ford just unveiled this week for the F-150 has both port and direct injection. If anything, I'd bet Ford will go this route to avoid the DI issues. I wouldn't wanna buy a GT that's all gunked up after 50k miles or requires an aftermarket catch can I have to constantly empty.
Let's just say even though I am not a gambling man I would place a bet on this .

I am unable to say if this is from "inside info" or not as I am not about to get anyone in trouble .

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Let's just say even though I am not a gambling man I would place a bet on this .

I am unable to say if this is from "inside info" or not as I am not about to get anyone in trouble .
You stated it unequivocally. Saying you don't want to get anyone in trouble seems to indicate that there is someone inside to get in trouble. Either way are you saying dual injection or just direct? And will the head castings be the same or upgraded somehow?

I am also interested in whether the lack of sleeves will increase cylinder bore strength. Do you know if the block will get any structural upgrades or anything from the voodoo?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Like MadCow said you basically just said it right there lol. If it's both port and direct injection like the new 3.5 that'll be fine, but if it's only DI I'm not gonna want it. Now I'm contemplating just getting a 16 again. :frusty:
Sponsored