Adding Line Lock

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
So I have Forscan and I enabled line lock. It shows up on the Track Apps screen but it wont let me select it so I must need to enable something else as well.
Here it is in Forscan
picture.jpg

shows on dash but disabled
picture.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I am dumb but what is forscan?

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Try posting on this thread, guys are trying to enable/disable all kinds of stuff.

OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I found out how to enable line lock in the ABS module, which makes sense since that is what controls the actual braking of the front wheels to do burnouts. However when I tried it I received a advance trac error message and it was still not enabled in the menu. I will try again next week when I have more time.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Hm, I wonder if the GT's have any additional hardware in the system to make it function. Or if the ABS modules are different.

Have you compared part numbers in the full braking system between GT and V6?

Sponsored

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
I found out how to enable line lock in the ABS module, which makes sense since that is what controls the actual braking of the front wheels to do burnouts. However when I tried it I received a advance trac error message and it was still not enabled in the menu. I will try again next week when I have more time.
Any luck with line lock ?? Just curious :D

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Hm, I wonder if the GT's have any additional hardware in the system to make it function. Or if the ABS modules are different.

Have you compared part numbers in the full braking system between GT and V6?
I'm wondering the same thing. Look at the title of the screen, there is a PID controller for line lock. I guess the PID controller is to control the rotation speed difference of the two wheels, most likely by controlling the brake force.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I have looked into this and from what I can see on fordparts, the abs modules are not different between base and GT. [MENTION=15036]DR_[/MENTION] did you ever get this to work?

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
maybe you need to add other options? Or maybe turn off traction control to enable it?

Sponsored

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
What's the verdict on this?

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
It might be a dumb thing to do but... What if you leave it like that with line lock and go to the dealer and tell them that your line lock doesn't work... They might tell you it's normal because you're missing that part or they'll program it for you. I mean... it all depends on how you're good with your dealer :D

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Alrighty, after doing some research I found someone on an Australian forum talking about checking the ABS as well. The guy checked it and enabled line lock and it kinda worked... here's what he said:

Missed the ABS module previously. Enabled in ABS and IPC, now get the menu and go through the sequence.

But as soon as I hit ok on the final step, I get a message "not available, see manual". Car was cold and didn't have it in gear yet so not sure if that matters (Handbrake was off).

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
It might be a dumb thing to do but... What if you leave it like that with line lock and go to the dealer and tell them that your line lock doesn't work... They might tell you it's normal because you're missing that part or they'll program it for you. I mean... it all depends on how you're good with your dealer :D
Its not dumb :p its a smart one !! lol:ford:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Alrighty, after doing some research I found someone on an Australian forum talking about checking the ABS as well. The guy checked it and enabled line lock and it kinda worked... here's what he said:

Missed the ABS module previously. Enabled in ABS and IPC, now get the menu and go through the sequence.

But as soon as I hit ok on the final step, I get a message "not available, see manual". Car was cold and didn't have it in gear yet so not sure if that matters (Handbrake was off).
I believe later on he stated that he had to have it in gear and have his foot on the brake for it to work just like factory line lock. So in short, he did have a fully enabled line lock.
Sponsored