Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Does the shorter production run mean 2018 is the last year for GT350?
Sorta, they announced it was the last year for it anyway...shortened or not.

I am pretty sure it's the end of the GT350, not a Shelby. Lot's of rumor of a GT500 in MY2019.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I put the order and deposit on mine last week. We'll see. They have only gotten 1 350 each model yr - I bought the '16 and now the '18. Might not be spring though if they are low on the list for their allocation to be accepted.
A large volume major FL dealer where I bought my GT350R from just informed me they only received one GT350 allocation (no R) for the entire MY2018 production. They sold over 5 GT350's in 2017 and my lone 2017 R. It's just one small snapshot but you can clearly see slim pickins for 18....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am #1 in the sequence, so they THINK I may be getting it in November, but they didn't want to promise anything or get my hopes up.. but I'm ready right now lol.
Did your dealership provide you with a VOC confirming your order indicating pricing, order options etc. and showing a Priority Code which indicates what build status your car was assigned?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Did your dealership provide you with a VOC confirming your order indicating pricing, order options etc. and showing a Priority Code which indicates what build status your car was assigned?
Dealers can only assign it a code form 10-99. Once the rep submits it to Detroit a new DORA will will get submitted to the dealership indicating the priority change..usually from priority 10 to priority 1 and then it will be scheduled.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Dealers can only assign it a code form 10-99. Once the rep submits it to Detroit a new DORA will will get submitted to the dealership indicating the priority change..usually from priority 10 to priority 1 and then it will be scheduled.
Appreciate the feedback but I have bought 4 of these cars already and certainly know the drill.

My earlier question was to confirm that his dealership actually has a confirmed allocation and if so a VOC should have been issued for him confirming his pricing, options, and priority build code and if so he is good to go.

;)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's all correct. However unless it is a true allocation, it will never get built. Anybody can order one and that's why I was offering to help 96Cobra determine if it is a bona fide allocation. I remember a little while back Enzo101 scored an R at 5k ADM. IIRC, the order was placed and a bunch of people urged him to get confirmation from the ford rep that the order was allocated. It wound up not being a ford sanctioned allocation and it saved a huge disappoint down the road from finding out early on.

All this probably doesn't matter at this point if it's real or not, because now that the gennie is out of the bottle, it would probably be too late to find another in that price range.

Anyway, best of luck with the allocation Eric. You are probably going to be just fine!

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
That's all correct. However unless it is a true allocation, it will never get built. Anybody can order one and that's why I was offering to help 96Cobra determine if it is a bona fide allocation. I remember a little while back Enzo101 scored an R at 5k ADM. IIRC, the order was placed and a bunch of people urged him to get confirmation from the ford rep that the order was allocated. It wound up not being a ford sanctioned allocation and it saved a huge disappoint down the road from finding out early on.

All this probably doesn't matter at this point if it's real or not, because now that the gennie is out of the bottle, it would probably be too late to find another in that price range.

Anyway, best of luck with the allocation Eric. You are probably going to be just fine!
Agreed. I can order 25 350Rs and get 25 DORAS if I wanted. Doesn't mean they will get built.

my response was to [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] as it pertains to the priority codes. But we disagree on that portion of it

Congrats to OP for finding an R! :cheers:

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I think they are right about the 12 month MY17 run. They started MY17 production in June of 2016. My GT350 was serial number 00077 and it was built on July 7th.
Thanks Mike. I thought there was a production moratorium over the winter months just as explained in the memo for MY18 [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] posted. The Cup 2s being the reason. Maybe it was a shipping moratorium but that wouldn't make sense to build them to just store them outside in MI...

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So what's the production line doing when not building the gt350's? Any chance of building an export version of the gt350???!!;)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I know a dealer that has 2 '17 350's sitting with $1K ADM's advertised......I see this as simply a way for dealers to keep prices propped-up. I looked on CarMax site this morning....Nationwide they have 13 '16-'17 GT350's in inventory. 13 isn't an enormous number but when you consider they only show 43 '16-'17 Mustang GT's nationwide, it's a more meaningful number.
12 came up for me. 9 Tech packs, 2 2016 track packs and 1 2017 which was basically at MSRP.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So what's the production line doing when not building the gt350's? Any chance of building an export version of the gt350???!!;)
They're still building regular Mustangs on the line....

GT350s are on the same assembly line in Flat Rock as regular Mustangs.... nothing really changes until the mod shop when GT350s are further processed (OTTS, R wheels, etc.). Although the interesting thing is the newly facelifted/revamped MY2018 Mustangs will be commingled with the non-facelifted GT350s here & there. Btw, LHD and RHD Mustangs are all built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant.

This is an older vid (of plain Mustangs) from Mr. SoL... but same gist. The GT350s just get squeezed in....

[ame]

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I put the order and deposit on mine last week. We'll see. They have only gotten 1 350 each model yr - I bought the '16 and now the '18. Might not be spring though if they are low on the list for their allocation to be accepted.

If they registered for the program they should be fine on getting at least 1.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
They're still building regular Mustangs on the line....

GT350s are on the same assembly line in Flat Rock as regular Mustangs.... nothing really changes until the mod shop when GT350s are further processed (OTTS, R wheels, etc.). Although the interesting thing is the newly facelifted/revamped MY2018 Mustangs will be commingled with the non-facelifted GT350s here & there. Btw, LHD and RHD Mustangs are all built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant.

This is an older vid (of plain Mustangs) from Mr. SoL... but same gist. The GT350s just get squeezed in....

The differences between the 350 and regular '18 mustangs is far less than it was for the '16 to '17 superduty pickups and Ford ran them both down the line at the same time at KTP. So it shouldn't be any issue.
Sponsored