Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Be careful. Since my car was already down from the slave failing I figure I'd check this. I could see some seeping and barely touched the connection it it came right off. It appears the outer hose is coming loose from the underlying rubber seal. I had to slide the smaller rubber fitting off of the nipple, put it back inside the hose, and re-install. It's definitely tight on the nipple now compared to when it came off.

In the first pic you can see where the outer hose has begun to come loose from the inner gasket/seal/whatever it's called. Just a slight pull and it came right off the nipple, leaving the rubber portion behind.

EDIT: To be fair - I've had my master cylinder replaced by the dealer so my specifics may not be the same as assembly line issues, but it certainly seems awfully similar.
Looks like the nipple is definitely long enough to leave a gap so I guess it's not gonna likely to be pushed all the way onto the nipple.
Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I nudged mine up a little bit to look like 2nd picture, wasn't leaking or anything, didn't wanna move up too much either so I just pushed it a tiny bit and left it alone. It did look like the first picture though before I did that.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Looks like the nipple is definitely long enough to leave a gap so I guess it's not gonna likely to be pushed all the way onto the nipple.
Yeah, the inner rubber seal (that came loose on mine) has about 1/4" of area to move. It by itself isn't coming off over the nipple. It took a good bit of effort for be to get it off in order to place it back inside of the hose/line. As it slides in, you can feel the barbs/edges engage in the grooves. I'm not concerned about it coming loose now, but I am pretty sure had I not checked this it would have come completely loose before too long.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yeah, the inner rubber seal (that came loose on mine) has about 1/4" of area to move. It by itself isn't coming off over the nipple. It took a good bit of effort for be to get it off in order to place it back inside of the hose/line. As it slides in, you can feel the barbs/edges engage in the grooves. I'm not concerned about it coming loose now, but I am pretty sure had I not checked this it would have come completely loose before too long.
By the look of it too even if you push it in, it will back itself out until the inner plastic hits the end of the nipple. There is nothing to hold it in place.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
By the look of it too even if you push it in, it will back itself out until the inner plastic hits the end of the nipple. There is nothing to hold it in place.
Correct. So long as it doesn't separate, there really is no big concern that I see. I'll still be using a small zip tie most likely to try an ensure they don't separate again.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Correct. So long as it doesn't separate, there really is no big concern that I see. I'll still be using a small zip tie most likely to try an ensure they don't separate again.
They probably should have use a more common rubber hose with clamps.
Or at least make the hose longer so it's not being tugged down at such an angle maybe some kind of plastic clips to hold the hose in place.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So after seeing what the reservoir nipple and inner rubber seal looks like in Post #13, I could see that my clutch fluid tube wasn't pushed on all the way. As determined by the photo in Post #13, when the tube is not pushed on all the way, the nipple flange end of the tube's inner rubber seal is not all the way over the end of the nipple. See photos of my car before and after attached below.

I tried pushing on the tube last night, but apparently not hard enough. When you push on the tube, put your other hand on the opposite side of the brake fluid reservoir to counter act the force on the tube so you don't put too much side load onto the brake fluid reservoir.
Clutch Master Cylinder Feed Tube-2.JPG
Clutch Master Cylinder Feed Tube-3 (after pushing on more).JPG

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I checked mine this morning and there was some gummyness around there. The hose looked like it was on its last leg though as it was crooked and looked as if it was about to pop off. Mine isnt even traxked or run hard. Just a daily with ~5000 miles per year.

Ill post pics in a bit.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I also reshaped the hard plastic tube a little bit in place to make the end sit more straight with the center line of the nipple.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
2017 GTPP with 5000 miles and mine looked like the first pic in the OP. Didn't appear to be leaking. My reservoir is full and I've had no shifting/clutch issues.

I pushed on the curved part of the hose with one hand while pushing on the connector itself with the other hand and seated it better.

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
It appears that every S550 has this issue... as long as it's not leaking I wouldn't mess with it. Could make things worse if you screw it up.

Does ford have a recall notice or anything in regards to this? I'd rather let the dealership mess with it so that if they screw anything up, they can fix it.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
This line should definitely be longer. Mine is the same way. This is just piss poor. Ford couldn't provide a longer line so there's no undue stress on it?

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
This line should definitely be longer. Mine is the same way. This is just piss poor. Ford couldn't provide a longer line so there's no undue stress on it?
If there's excess stress on the line from being pushed further onto the nipple, wouldn't it cause extra wear and eventually ruin the hose/remove the fitting from the nipple? That's my fear... I don't want to make things worse and end up with a headache.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Mine looked like first pic also, anyone else notice some slight gummy dampness where it connects on the other side near the firewall?

OP
OP
Optimum Performance

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Mine looked like first pic also, anyone else notice some slight gummy dampness where it connects on the other side near the firewall?
Yes, I'm going to an auto res. and separate one for the clutch with real hose. This thing is stupid.
Sponsored