Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Ok, so I'm thinking CB005 + some delrin vertical links. How much will this help wheel hop on my GTPP Kelly? I'm scared of the Poly Diff bushings for the potential NVH.
Those two modifications should definitely help reduce the hop.

I cannot claim it will remove it completely, but it will DEFINITELY reduce the severity of it, and eliminate it in many instances.

As for the diff, we have the Poly Diff Bushings (BK049), but we have a few more parts coming. All very cost effective of course.

BK050 - Billet Aluminum Diff Bushings (1-2 weeks out)
BK054 - Billet Diff Lockouts (1 month out)
BK055 - Poly Diff Inserts (2-3 months out)

These pieces are pieces that required much more testing/engineering - so releasing them to the public takes much more time.

To be honest though, the CB005 + BK049 is going to be a killer combo!

The BK049 is actually one our biggest sellers right now, and I really don't get much negative feedback about NVH, unless they are paired with the BK048 Delrin Cradle Kit.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
You say black is also available. Are these visible on the car when it's on the ground, from behind?

That's actually a bummer. On my 2011, my BMR rear setup is easily visible and it seems to scare the shit out of potential trouble makers as I've yet to have anyone challenge me(not that I street race anyway).

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So while our cradle in one of our cars is out for the millionth time, I took the opportunity to go a little more in depth about how our system works. Maybe this will shed some light as to how our BMR specific design works at reducing cradle movement.

First, we'll start by showing you how our BMR engineered bushing Billet Tops fit around onto the OEM bushing. Notice the snug inner ID fitment of the BMR piece in relation to the OEM inner bushing sleeve. Our Billet piece locks to the inner sleeve.

Here is a shot of the Billet top installed on a free bushing, flipped on it's side to show you the "gap" between the OEM bushing and the Billet Top. This gap / void is there because the OEM Cradle fills it when the bushing is installed.

Now onto the cradle. Notice the OEM Cradle sleeve that houses the bushing, protrudes upward, a substantial amount above the cradle body.

Now, you will see the Billet Top fitting snug over the OEM Cradle. Not too tight, not too loose - just right. ;)

Snug? Yes.

Now, let's look at the Billet Tops that we have been testing for months now, after realizing this was the only true way to go about making the rubber in the bushing practically useless.

Notice a few things here.

-First, the OE Part #'s from the bushing copied onto our Billet Top, proving a tight fit that compresses the rubber and locks the cradle movement out vertically.

-Second, the witness marks on the upper smaller ID area, that shows the snug fit and load against the OEM Bushing Inner Sleeve.

-Third, you will notice the black paint AND witness marked lower OD portion. This shows the Billet Top "working" against the OEM Cradle. It doesn't get much more clearer, and you can even see the witness line that shows how far the cradle fits up into our Billet Top.

And finally, a video I snapped real quick showing how our BMR Billet Tops fit onto the OEM Cradle. The tapping and pulling on the piece should show the snug fitment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvhstl7awpwhvin/20150519_135026.mp4?dl=0

So what we have here, not to mention the other parts of our CB005 Kit, is a solution that works, and was designed&engineered, and tested repeatedly in house at BMR Suspension with no influence from the outside.

We have been offering IRS Bushing solutions for quite some time now, and are the leaders in the GM IRS world, without question. We are simply taking our winning engineering solutions and applying them to the S550 Platform.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Track proven too...lol. Good thing I waited longer for BMR parts to start coming in. And not settle. Can't wait again n again n again

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Track proven too...lol. Good thing I waited longer for BMR parts to start coming in. And not settle. Can't wait again n again n again
The great news is, I'll be showing the effectiveness of these parts versus other available options, on my 1,000HP S550 Mustang.

Legit undercarriage cradle deflection footage, external tire movement and track results.

I'll be sharing some great data very soon. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I've never really considered any other manufacturer for suspension. Waiting patiently for BMR products to get released...

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've never really considered any other manufacturer for suspension. Waiting patiently for BMR products to get released...

Agreed. Had all their parts on my G-body. I don't want to think about how much I'll spend once all the parts exist.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Basketcase, love it sir.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
What is the return policy on one of these kits? I can understand not accepting the return of installed parts if that is the case, but it would be a great confidence boost if we had the option

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So....preorder group buy??? :D:D
I'll see what I can do, but we are about to release these things very soon. ;)

What is the return policy on one of these kits? I can understand not accepting the return of installed parts if that is the case, but it would be a great confidence boost if we had the option
We do not accept back suspension or chassis components that have been installed, unless there is a severe issue with the component.

We do warranty our components, though, so if there is a manufacturing defect than we are responsible for fixing the issue with the product.

Due to our extensive testing, we know how our products perform and know they work as we claim. So there is rarely (never) an occurrence of customers wanting to return a product due to it not performing how we intend it to.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I figured that was the case. Makes sense

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score