Sponsored

"Chrome" Ring Dash Vibration

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2016 EB Premium and have had a pretty annoying issue for the last 8-9 months. My "chrome" ring around the RPM gauge vibrates pretty bad over any bump.

I brought the car into the dealership and they replaced the instrument panel, (as seen by the link):

https://www.sneedparts.com/oem-parts/ford-panel-instrument-hr3z63044d70ba

About 2 months after this repair, the vibration is back over any bump and worse than ever.

Just curious if anyone with any Mustang model has had issues like this? It's getting pretty frustrating... back to the dealership it goes. It's a lease or I would be more willing to try my own repairs to it.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
Sponsored

fsuguy92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost - Competition Orange
I have this same issue and have given up on fixing it. It's obnoxious!

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I had creaking between those rings and the dash trip that touches them. I fixed that by putting felt between chrome rings and the dash trim. Do you have a video of the rattle?

OP
OP
bschoon55

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had creaking between those rings and the dash trip that touches them. I fixed that by putting felt between chrome rings and the dash trim. Do you have a video of the rattle?
Intriguing. Do you have any pictures of how/where you placed the felt in yours? I'll post some pics of what I did to mine when I get near my car later today.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
As you can see in the picture here, this is the "chrome" ring that vibrates. If at any time I pull on the ring or put pressure on it, the vibration over any bump stops instantly.

gbJoHvZ.jpg

I'm thinking about putting some sort of foam insert or something in between the leather in the dash and the top of the chrome ring to hopefully stop this nonsense.
Cannot see the picture. Here is what I did, but mine was not rattling like your's I assume:

2ue4mcn.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does the annoyance sound like "dog tags" clinking together??

OP
OP
bschoon55

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No "dog tag" sound, just a very annoying vibration over any bump.

You can see here the position my hand is in. If I hold the chrome ring with my hand like this it stops instantly.

2lag9wk.jpg

OP
OP
bschoon55

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And here is how I have fixed it for now, haha. It's gotten rid of about 95% of the vibration...

1e1009.jpg

A small piece of cardboard in between the dash and the chrome ring.... pretty sad. When I take it to the dealership as said above, they replaced part of the dash and the issue came right back.
Sponsored