Did The Royal Purple Synchromax Trans Fluid

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Brought the GT in for oil/filter and trans fluid change. Also finished off the PP wheels with black lug nuts. They wacked me $130 to change out the trans fluid (takes over an hour?) but I admit it felt much better and was worth the investment. Does it feel like a totally different gear box? No, but the notchy feeling from first to second appears gone. Realize this revelation is somewhat redundant but simply wanted to let folks know.
Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Good thing to change the fluid BUT they raped you on that charge...I paid $90 and it only took 20-30 minutes.

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
This is an old thread but I am posting in case anyone is researching Royal Purple SyncroMax.

I bought my Mustang GT with 15,000 miles and didn't like the occasional clunking I heard from the MT82 transmission. With the RP swap, the transmission (stock shifter) shifts much better. I also swapped out the clutch spring to the Steeda. The clunking appears to be gone.

In my opinion, these are the two cheapest fixes (approximatley $75 if you DIY) you can make to improve the shift performance of the MT82. Both are easy DIYs.

I plan on leaving in the stock shifter for the time being.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Is any type of friction modifier added with the Synchromax, or good to go with just that?

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
I'm just running straight synchromax, and it shifts just fine. I should add though I don't track my car. I also will be changing the fluid every 30k miles, to be on the safe side.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
straight RP purple drank here, no issues. Less nibbly and notchy than stock
Sponsored