Sponsored

Clutch pedal squeak

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, DI Blue, Base
The weather is cooling off here, and a couple of days ago I noticed a (very annoying) clutch pedal squeak. I've heard these in other people's cars when I was a kid and always thought, "how can you stand that?!" Now I've got one, and I can't stand it!

I removed the clutch spring a while ago, and it didn't make any noise then.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue. It was difficult to film (sorry).

I tried shooting a bit of lithium grease at the joints and working it in, but that didn't help (yet anyway--maybe it will work its way in).

From the number of squeaky clutches that I've heard, I kind of suspected that it was more difficult than just greasing an exposed joint.

Should I take it to the dealer? It's not due for service for... quite a while. I guess I don't drive this pony enough (commute is too short--first world problems?).

Thanks!
Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
I had a squeak too, but more of a bird chirp sound. I fixed mine yesterday by oiling the cable attached to the side of the pedal about half way up on the driver's door side of the pedal. It's like a ball and socket attachment, trying lubing that. Mine immediately went away.

OP
OP

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, DI Blue, Base
What is the other end of the cable attached to? My clutch pedal does not have a cable attached to it.
Sponsored