Theoretically. 159 mph

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
155mph is generally once every two weeks for me, depends on traffic really, I've got a picture of my GPS at 175, I've done 182 but don't have a pic to back it up.

Stock tune was limited to 145.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Lets say you got caught going that fast what do you suppose would happen? The stretch of road I'm talking about is 80mph max.
If this is a 'what-if' scenario, take it to the Salt Flats or a sanctioned over-a-closed-road event such as the Silver State Challenge. Otherwise, you're at the mercy of law enforcement and the court system.

Norm

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
155mph is generally once every two weeks for me, depends on traffic really, I've got a picture of my GPS at 175, I've done 182 but don't have a pic to back it up.

Stock tune was limited to 145.
KPH? I don't see a Ecoboost doing 182 mph. I could be wrong and I am sorry if I am, but I just don't see it.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Try it in Virginia and let us know. :-D
Virginia will throw you in jail for anything over 80. When I drive through Virginia I set my cruise on whatever the speed limit is, 5 over if I'm feeling ballsy. :lol:

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Virginia will throw you in jail for anything over 80. When I drive through Virginia I set my cruise on whatever the speed limit is, 5 over if I'm feeling ballsy. :lol:
Luckily, when I lived there I drove a slow SUV. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
If the road was relatively empty and you just maintained that speed for a bit, by the time it would take normally for someone to pull out and accelerate should put you out of reach.

BUT remember no car is faster than a radio (and back up).

Also, if you run.... (and get caught) you get in much deeper trouble.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This is the problem with a car like ours...with a 0-60 of about mid 4's, you get a whopping 3 seconds of fun within most city limits, and maybe 6-7 seconds of fun from a stop at interstate/highway speeds...

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The only time you need to worry is when you are either going over 80, or over 20mph of a posted limit (both automatic reckless, class I misdemeanor). I commute 100+ miles everyday, for many-many years. Most of my highway is 70mph posted limit, I keep it at 78-80 and pass state cops everyday and they don't bother ya. It's too easy for them to catch someone doing 81 that they know it's worth waiting. 65mph part of the highways I usually keep it on 75, same no issues. 55mph zones, 62mph, anything 45 and bellow I keep it at posted speed because usually that means business,residential areas.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This is the problem with a car like ours...with a 0-60 of about mid 4's, you get a whopping 3 seconds of fun within most city limits, and maybe 6-7 seconds of fun from a stop at interstate/highway speeds...
Which is what track days and drag strips are for.

Once you get involved at either of those levels, 100% WOT for only 3 to maybe 6 or 7 seconds at a time isn't worth the bother. You already know that both the car and you are capable of so much more.

Norm

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Which is what track days and drag strips are for.

Once you get involved at either of those levels, 100% WOT for only 3 to maybe 6 or 7 seconds at a time isn't worth the bother. You already know that both the car and you are capable of so much more.

Norm
Yep.

Though when driving home from said events, I'm always still in "track mode" (in the brain) and I'm quickly reminded how much less traction you get on dusty roads and cold tires... compared to the 1G turns on the clean (grippy) track with hot tires.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
In Mexico I hit 160 and it was still pulling. Felt like I could of had at least 5-10 more MPH. Don't think there is any gov. on our cars

The various car magazines report a 165mph govener for a 2015 GT fastback.

Likely it would be hard for a PP to pull that in 6th. I haven't seen a number for the convertible, but a reduced limiter is pretty common.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I like is you don't have to be in the throttle for long to hit stupid speeds and back out of it. 40-60, 60-80, or ? come up equally fast.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
KPH? I don't see a Ecoboost doing 182 mph. I could be wrong and I am sorry if I am, but I just don't see it.
attachment.jpg
Hits it fairly easy too. In 6th with 3.31 270 kph is where you start falling out of the torque band on the stock turbo but it still has life left in it. This was an intercooler and off the shelf tune only. I am now full bolt ons and E30 and the car pulls even harder. Unfortunately as I said above, I don't have a picture of me going 7mph (12 kph) faster than this as I was alone in the car.
I understand your skepticism though, most people who have not driven an even lightly modded EB really underestimate them. The stock tune is garbage designed to fall off on the top end and limit performance. My friend's GT is definitely faster to around 210 kph or so but I'm pulling on him after that. His does seem to be done at 260 kph.

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
The various car magazines report a 165mph govener for a 2015 GT fastback.

Likely it would be hard for a PP to pull that in 6th. I haven't seen a number for the convertible, but a reduced limiter is pretty common.
I have a base model with 3:31 gears so that may have helped

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
attachment.jpg
Hits it fairly easy too. In 6th with 3.31 270 kph is where you start falling out of the torque band on the stock turbo but it still has life left in it. This was an intercooler and off the shelf tune only. I am now full bolt ons and E30 and the car pulls even harder. Unfortunately as I said above, I don't have a picture of me going 7mph (12 kph) faster than this as I was alone in the car.
I understand your skepticism though, most people who have not driven an even lightly modded EB really underestimate them. The stock tune is garbage designed to fall off on the top end and limit performance. My friend's GT is definitely faster to around 210 kph or so but I'm pulling on him after that. His does seem to be done at 260 kph.
Wow. I respect my Ecoboost a little more now LOL.
Sponsored