Sponsored

Ford Dealer- We won't let you see inside the R!

keltykid350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 GT350
Back in 2016 I went to a dealer in San Juan Capistrano, CA to look a non R 350 they had in the showroom. Asked to take a look in side and the salesman said it was locked and the sales manager had the key, sorry. I told him that would make it hard for him to sell the car (asking 20k over,btw). Went out and got in my 2012 Boss fired it up and made a call on my cell, while I'm talking he looks out the window sees me and runs out waving the key. Total BS.
Sponsored

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The car is spoken for in this scenario. There is no reasonable expectation that your or anyone else's rear end other than the buyer should be allowed in it. :crazy:
From my first post - :crazy:

I kind of got the vibe that this particular salesman wasn't convinced this deal was going to go through,

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That particular salesperson probably wanted to sell u a car, went to his sales mgr and the mgr told him to tell you to kick rocks - knowing that you weren't about to step up to the plate even if it wasn't spoken for.
No offense but...there's no reason they should've entertained your request. You admittedly had no interest in purchasing the vehicle.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The real idiots are the ones currently PAYING the $15-$20k ADM. It doesn't take much to find one significantly cheaper.
I think comments like that are uncalled for considering there are likely members on here who did end up paying that much and taking that kind of attitude towards them is partly why people are hesitant about being honest about how much they ended up paying for their R's. This shouldn't be a place where members are judged based on how much they were willing to pay for the car they wanted. It should be a place where members are helped or advised in getting the car, and not being called an idiot for doing so.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
That particular salesperson probably wanted to sell u a car, went to his sales mgr and the mgr told him to tell you to kick rocks - knowing that you weren't about to step up to the plate even if it wasn't spoken for.
No offense but...there's no reason they should've entertained your request. You admittedly had no interest in purchasing the vehicle.
Thank you for letting me know my intentions on whether I was interested in buying it or not.

No one is going to convince me that opening a door to a car is going to be a big deal. The car is covered in shit. I've been to Ferrari and Lambo dealers who have shown me customer cars with no issues. Let's not be ridiculous. The car has had people in it, been driven to the spot, most likely by people less caring about it than an enthusiast looking to buy one.

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thank you for letting me know my intentions on whether I was interested in buying it or not.

No one is going to convince me that opening a door to a car is going to be a big deal. I've been to Ferrari and Lambo dealers who have shown me customer cars with no issues. Let's not be ridiculous. The car has had people in it, been driven to the spot, most likely by people less caring about it than an enthusiast looking to buy.
You told us what your intentions were.. they wanted $17k and you think people that pay that are idiots.

But back to the actual point - it's not about what harm opening a door does. It's about you complaining that a merchant dare not display to you merchandise you admittedly were only interested in touching and feeling but not buying. It's a bit of a privileged position you're speaking from: How dare they not allow me to use my own manner of judgement on a whimsical visit to their property to satisfy my curiosities.

Again - no offense - but that's how you are coming off, imho

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You told us what your intentions were.. they wanted $17k and you think people that pay that are idiots.

But back to the actual point - it's not about what harm opening a door does. It's about you complaining that a merchant dare not display to you merchandise you admittedly were only interested in touching and feeling but not buying. It's a bit of a privileged position you're speaking from: How dare they not allow me to use my own manner of judgement on a whimsical visit to their property to satisfy my curiosities.

Again - no offense - but that's how you are coming off, imho
No offense taken, but you are assuming a lot on my part and the dealers part as though everything is non-negotiable. Whether I am interested in buying the car is dependent on my final negotiated price, and I've had every dealer start high like the price they stated. My GT350 was listed at $10K over, should I have just not looked at the car (dare to ask them to open the door?) since I wasn't willing to pay that? I ended up negotiating it down to a fair market price and drove it off the lot that day.

I've also bought several high end cars like that, a including a Porsche. I have been shopping for an R and while Black is not my first choice, I'd buy one at the right price.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No offense taken, but you are assuming a lot on my part and the dealers part as though everything is non-negotiable. Whether I am interested in buying the car is dependent on my final negotiated price, and I've had every dealer start high like the price they stated. My GT350 was listed at $10K over, should I have just not looked at the car (dare to ask them to open the door?) since I wasn't willing to pay that? I ended up negotiating it down to a fair market price and drove it off the lot that day.

I've also bought several high end cars like that, a including a Porsche. I have been shopping for an R and while Black is not my first choice, I'd buy one at the right price.
It's not worth debating further.

I just don't think it's fair to drag this dealership through the mud on a public forum given the situation you've illustrated. But that's just my opinion.

Have a good one! :cheers:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
We are all friends and enthusiasts. The spirit of the original post remains

Yes dealers and their treasure chest R's are a dime a dozen. But, this one (as of now) is spoken for. I wouldn't want anyone rifling through my spec order R.

So buyer doesn't show up, you have yourself a 5k to 10k car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
IMHO of course

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
You can come see mine if you're local, open the doors, sit in it, start her up, it's all good brother. But it's not for sale. Unless you have swamp butt, then no sitting in it.

A dealer who is suspicious that their car may not be sold sees a current GT350 owner who is savvy enough to know via the ford.com inventory website that they have one sitting in a hidden location would most likely benefit from a quick showing of a car and doing anything small including a quick peek inside to possibly secure that person as a backup buyer seems logical in my mind? :shrug: Sometimes just the little things can trigger a buyer to get excited and buy a car from my experiences (just ask my wife, lol).

Just move on, I dealt with some dealers that rubbed me the wrong way and it all panned out in the end. :cheers:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You can come see mine if you're local, open the doors, sit in it, start her up, it's all good brother. But it's not for sale. Unless you have swamp butt, then no sitting in it.

Likewise, when you find yourself in my area, let me know. Open door policy for a fellow enthusiast. I plan to attend the Audi Daytona track hpde event 12/1.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
The real idiots are the ones currently PAYING the $15-$20k ADM. It doesn't take much to find one significantly cheaper.
You don't know the particulars of that order, so you are making an unfair judgment. Perhaps that one had been ordered months ago. For example, I ordered mine in April 2016, and didn't take delivery until basically April 2017. At the time I ordered, $15k adm (what I paid) was a 'decent' price. No one knew there would be a 2018 model year, or that there would be 1000 Rs produced this year. At one point it seemed very possible that one either paid up, got lucky, or didn't get a new R. Sure, currently I wouldn't agree to pay that much, as prices have fallen with the increased availability, but you can't judge the (likely) future owner without knowing that person's situation.

Sometimes I wish I had waited and gambled on the prices coming down, and I may never spend that much on adm again, but none of at makes me (or anyone else) stupid.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Before the 2018's were announced I thought I would never own a Gt350 because I would not pay ADM and I thought 17 was the last year. So between the oil line hold and 2018 announcement I found one 500 miles away and paid MSRP. Those who could/did pay ADM I was jealous. Damn if Ford had stopped think how smart we would have thought the ADM buyers were. So Stupid is wrong word, did you ever buy a lotto ticket and not win, boy that was dumb.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Ford Marketing did its job... 3 years later and not a thing done to it. Hell , the whole Mustang line went to new fascias and the GT350 is still keeping the old ones :lol:

Meanwhile it took Chevy at least 3 iterations of a 6th gen Camaro to finally release the package of a package that will 'compete' , its neither a buyer nor a sellers market for GT350s but the demand IS there...

I've been thinking about just stepping up to an R, my plan is to wait until Nov Dec and see how the market is 6 months from now.

2018s should be in full swing, the true market value of the sitting '17s will be revealed and nobody should be buying sports cars here in the northeast... Its how i got my MSRP deal on my current GT350 without needing to leave NYC!
Sponsored