Sponsored

Ford Dealer- We won't let you see inside the R!

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Was out and about and stopped at a smaller Ford dealer today, the last time I was there on a regular GT350 they were a-holes and were firm at $10K over and were acting like they had a Bugatti on the floor. I told myself I'd never buy a car from these guys since they were so pompous, but since an R popped up on the Ford.com inventory search and I was out that way anyways, I'd stop in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
One of the reasons why I like to special order is that you minimize the time the car sits outside, unprotected. Bird droppings wreak havoc on paint if not cleaned immediately or soon after. By your description, the bird crap has most likely permanently damaged the paint underneath it.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
One of the reasons why I like to special order is that you minimize the time the car sits outside, unprotected. Bird droppings wreak havoc on paint if not cleaned immediately or soon after. By your description, the bird crap has most likely permanently damaged the paint underneath it.
The pic doesn't show as bad as it looked in person, but you can see it all over the hood, side, roof, and it was all over the back.
IMG_7892.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
They will polish that out if needed - mine wasnt that bad but also had a few droppings when new, wiped right off.

If someone else's name actually IS on that car then I think it's a good idea not to let people put their paws all over it. Curious what # it is, too.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
They will polish that out if needed - mine wasnt that bad but also had a few droppings when new, wiped right off.

If someone else's name actually IS on that car then I think it's a good idea not to let people put their paws all over it. Curious what # it is, too.
If they get their $17K over, they are geniuses.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If I had an R on order with a deposit, it would be a co edition of mine that no body touched or drove it.

That being said, who orders a car and doesn't come to pick it up? Vacation? Who knows?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
That being said, who orders a car and doesn't come to pick it up? Vacation? Who knows?[/QUOTE]

The very rich, and those that can't afford it!

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
That's crazy they let it stay that dirty! My dealer parked mine inside their indoor facility next to the base 350s they already had on-hand.

And no offense but if what he said is true having made a deal on a car that was inbound to a dealer I wouldnt want you or anyone else in it until I got there to pick it up.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
That's crazy they let it stay that dirty! My dealer parked mine inside their indoor facility next to the base 350s they already had on-hand.

And no offense but if what he said is true having made a deal on a car that was inbound to a dealer I wouldnt want you or anyone else in it until I got there to pick it up.
If this was my car that I had ordered in, I would be more offended by the current condition that they let it sit with bird droppings on it than someone opening a door and peeking in. I mean, the seats, floors, and everything had the plastic on it and I'm not a Gorilla. :D Point is, if they are so concerned about the car and how it's kept before delivery, then they have the wrong priorities with letting it sit like that vs someone opening a door.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
To me this shows how few dealers have any clue what the GT350 is all about. Most dealerships are owned by larger corp and are just box movers.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If I had an R on order with a deposit, it would be a co edition of mine that no body touched or drove it.

That being said, who orders a car and doesn't come to pick it up? Vacation? Who knows?
You do realize that your yellow R sat outside in the general pathway of the dealership for 6 weeks, right? Florida sun, torrential downpours. I saw kids running into it, and just about every person there to buy any car was up against the window and the car checking it out. :p

A car enthusiast/GT350 owner and potential buyer cracking the door open would be the least of my concerns if I had one on order and the dealer had someone interested in it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You do realize that your yellow R sat outside in the general pathway of the dealership for 6 weeks, right? Florida sun, torrential downpours. I saw kids running into it, and just about every person there to buy any car was up against the window and the car checking it out. :p
Outside for 6 weeks, oh no! :lol:

Yes, but without a scratch on it and was purchased for almost MSRP. Of the two, this one will be the track car. :headbang:

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
If this was my car that I had ordered in, I would be more offended by the current condition that they let it sit with bird droppings on it than someone opening a door and peeking in. I mean, the seats, floors, and everything had the plastic on it and I'm not a Gorilla. :D Point is, if they are so concerned about the car and how it's kept before delivery, then they have the wrong priorities with letting it sit like that vs someone opening a door.
Agree the bird poo completely unacceptable. :amen:

The car is spoken for in this scenario. There is no reasonable expectation that your or anyone else's rear end other than the buyer should be allowed in it. :crazy:
Sponsored