Sponsored

Hitting the dyno today at 10:00 AM - Guesses?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Seems like a lot of people tend to put down low numbers with procharger setups, Hell with no BAP or Colder Thermostat and just a base $5K Paxton kit I laid down 650whp on 12psi with no other mods.
paxton is a big blower, look at the specs. Paxton 2200sl flows 300cfm more than P1 and 100cfm more than D1. But yet your track times at 630whp are slightly worse than mine at 575whp with similar 60ft (1.95 for me).
Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
paxton is a big blower, look at the specs. Paxton 2200sl flows 300cfm more than P1 and 100cfm more than D1. But yet your track times at 630whp are slightly worse than mine at 575whp with similar 60ft (1.95 for me).
He has a P1X not just a P1, Also as far as the track results DA, TEMP, Race weight all come into play.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
He has a P1X not just a P1, Also as far as the track results DA, TEMP, Race weight all come into play.
Thats true, I agree. Im premium auto with 20" velgens, spare in the back and slight above 1/4 tank of gas. Im in South Florida, home of the tripple 80 club, its over 80*F and 80% humidity 80% of the time.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Anyone else find it odd that the throttle on the log peaks at 85? Ive looked at my logs and all say 99-100 when Im at WOT. Is the car flatlining in power up top, OP?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a lot of people tend to put down low numbers with procharger setups, Hell with no BAP or Colder Thermostat and just a base $5K Paxton kit I laid down 650whp on 12psi with no other mods.
This isn't true the op has a boost leak issue and I'm sure when he resolves it he will make more then 650 on 12 psi! Ive seen the opposite, all things equal prochargers make more power per lb of boost then Paxtons!

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea well my d1 on 10psi of boost made 726 whp on 93/octanium.If installed right and a good tune both kits put down great numbers.Also quite a few other guys runni g 700 or real close on 93,so not sure wheir that statement came from.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Ahhh that sucks! Remember that you always need to check for boost leaks when assembling I/c pipes and couplers. You will make 1+psi more boost on the street than on the dyno.

There's no reason to try and kick the op while he's down by making a blanket statement that Paxton makes more power than procharger, it all depends on your blower size, pulley combo and fuel. My buddies properly setup procharged e85 s550 will hurt 99% of anyone's feelings (including liter bikes) and makes just as much power as tt cars.

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have almost exactly the same setup but Im an auto and was dyno'ed on a mustang dyno.

I made 629whp on 93 and 640whp on 93+Torco. I would expect your numbers to be higher on a manual and on a dynojet. ~650-660 I'd guess.

Post back your numbers after your problems are fixed!

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
LoL

Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can you post one of the datalogs were you hit 11psi? Looking at the log you posted the MAF flow rate is linear. You are seeing 77#/min, which should of made more than 580whp.

Your fuel trims were also +1-3% during the pull, when there is a boost leak between the MAF and the TB on a centri/turbo set up you would see negative fuel trims(because air the MAF measured was leaked before reaching the TB)

You could very well have a leak between the blower and the MAF, how ever the MAF picked up on 77# worth of air

Anyone else find it odd that the throttle on the log peaks at 85? Ive looked at my logs and all say 99-100 when Im at WOT. Is the car flatlining in power up top, OP?
That is his throttle angle, if your throttle blade is opening to 99-100 degrees you should get your tune updated, that is the equivalent of running the TB upside down with a TB angle of 80*. Remember that at 90* the TB is perfectly open, by exceeding 90* you effectively start to actually close the throttle again. On stock tune the s550's have a max TB angle of 85 degrees, so his throttle is not closing, it's staying as open as the tune allows

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
Hi Jn2,

I had sent this datalog from the dyno pull to my tuner (Dakota @ Lund) over the weekend and he got back to me on Monday. He reached a similar conclusion that it was not a boost leak. He suspected that it was spark blow out based on some AFR variations around the torque peak. I had gapped the plugs to .035" and some of them were a bit looser than that (probably .037" to .038"). I regapped to .028" based on his recommendation.

I drove it this morning and it is much improved. Now once it gets into boost, it just keeps pulling harder and harder. I think he was right in his diagnosis. Now time to drive and enjoy. I will make a follow up visit to the local dynojet soon and see exactly where it is now.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Hi Jn2,

I had sent this datalog from the dyno pull to my tuner (Dakota @ Lund) over the weekend and he got back to me on Monday. He reached a similar conclusion that it was not a boost leak. He suspected that it was spark blow out based on some AFR variations around the torque peak. I had gapped the plugs to .035" and some of them were a bit looser than that (probably .037" to .038"). I regapped to .028" based on his recommendation.

I drove it this morning and it is much improved. Now once it gets into boost, it just keeps pulling harder and harder. I think he was right in his diagnosis. Now time to drive and enjoy. I will make a follow up visit to the local dynojet soon and see exactly where it is now.
Def sounds like the issue. Good to hear!

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
What about it not building 11psi? Was that fixed?
Have not been able to go WOT and take it to 7500 rpm yet to validate max boost yet. I can tell you it no longer lingers just above 6 psi. It rolls right through and was rapidly approaching 10 psi when I chickened out.
Sponsored