How exactly does this work with the stock manifold as the driver side is welded
Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
You change the drivers side header out for a stock S197 drivers side header that just has the 2 bolt flange like the passenger side is.

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Justin is awesome! I had the opportunity to meet with him in person this past weekend and let home take my car to install the kit. I ordered the kit June 9th btw. He is uninstalling my Gen2R and all associated parts and installing his kit. He will be doing the tuning. I can't wait to get it back. He sent a few teaser pics today. And Black Dog is correct, the other buyers of this kit are like a cult but a good one!
Great to see you get up and running. Less than 5 weeks since kit purchase. Houston area is kicking ass on the streets with the LPF kit. Mine is being installed this coming week. All parts are ready just waiting for my place in line at the shop. This turbo kit purchase has been smooth and easy with ZERO hold ups. If any of the members here are looking for a really bad ass kit without out the stress of months passing by buy this kit.

That is a sick kit. My only beef is the turbos are hidden under the car. I know these are second to none, but I want to see my hair driers when I open the hood. But killer setup. I know a guy down the block making 920whp on the Hellion kit. You should make similar power.
The kit comes with pre-filters that are water repellent.

As Brent posted the S197 drivers side is used and if you cannot locate one Justin offered to supply one.

You change the drivers side header out for a stock S197 drivers side header that just has the 2 bolt flange like the passenger side is.
:thumbsup:

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
The kit comes with pre-filters that are water repellent.

As Brent posted the S197 drivers side is used and if you cannot locate one Justin offered to supply one.

:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

So many LPF kits they gonna run out of S197 manifolds. Lol

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
This is a badass kit that runs hard! I'm honestly torn between this and bw kit, but it seems like this kit gets built and shipped out to the customer relatively quick. Anyone having trouble with the oil less comp turbos?

Will

Sponsored

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
This is a badass kit that runs hard! I'm honestly torn between this and bw kit, but it seems like this kit gets built and shipped out to the customer relatively quick. Anyone having trouble with the oil less comp turbos?

Will
Well this LPF kit you will actually get. ;) The other takes a lifetime.................at least that is what I have been reading on the forums.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Great to see you get up and running. Less than 5 weeks since kit purchase. Houston area is kicking ass on the streets with the LPF kit. Mine is being installed this coming week. All parts are ready just waiting for my place in line at the shop. This turbo kit purchase has been smooth and easy with ZERO hold ups. If any of the members here are looking for a really bad ass kit without out the stress of months passing by buy this kit.
I cut in line, my motor comes out first haha

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Well this LPF kit you will actually get. ;) The other takes a lifetime.................at least that is what I have been reading on the forums.
I'm new to the fourm and unfourtantly that's what I've read too, which steers me in this kits direction. Both offerings look solid and seem to perform well tho, just a matter of who can actually get me a kit faster...horsepower fiends need their fix asap hahaha

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
It seems like other vendors have gotten their act together, too. Lots of competition in the twin turbo market these days!

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
It seems like other vendors have gotten their act together, too. Lots of competition in the twin turbo market these days!
Point is that "other" vendors started out using the stock headers but went to the custom fabbed ones and THAT is what got them all behind and in that mess. Now they are going back to using stock headers for a budget kit sorta speak but as I've said countless times, the average guy here will chit his pants just feeling 600+ RWHP let alone 2000 that those headers that they fabbed could support. So why not just do the custom stuff for those hardcore guys that will probaly never see over 1000 HP anyways but just have bragginbg rights that they have custome headers. The stock ones will put a HUGE grin on your face and after you run a mid to low 9, who gives a heck what headers on the car:shrug:

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I cut in line, my motor comes out first haha
Man what happened to your car really sucks. If need or even want to jump ahead of me I have no problem with that. If I can help with anything don't bother hitting me up.

I'm new to the fourm and unfourtantly that's what I've read too, which steers me in this kits direction. Both offerings look solid and seem to perform well tho, just a matter of who can actually get me a kit faster...horsepower fiends need their fix asap hahaha
LPF is definitely for you then. And an owner that actually supports his customers.

Which other vendors?

Point is that "other" vendors started out using the stock headers but went to the custom fabbed ones and THAT is what got them all behind and in that mess. Now they are going back to using stock headers for a budget kit sorta speak but as I've said countless times, the average guy here will chit his pants just feeling 600+ RWHP let alone 2000 that those headers that they fabbed could support. So why not just do the custom stuff for those hardcore guys that will probaly never see over 1000 HP anyways but just have bragginbg rights that they have custome headers. The stock ones will put a HUGE grin on your face and after you run a mid to low 9, who gives a heck what headers on the car:shrug:
Brent as usual you speak the wise truth. Well said brotha.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Man what happened to your car really sucks. If need or even want to jump ahead of me I have no problem with that. If I can help with anything don't bother hitting me up.
Naw I'm not worried about it! Thank you though! I figure it's going to be at least a month of waiting anyways for the kit. The motor maybe would be done quicker than that, so it works out.

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Naw I'm not worried about it! Thank you though! I figure it's going to be at least a month of waiting anyways for the kit. The motor maybe would be done quicker than that, so it works out.
Cool so you did order the LPF kit?

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Cool so you did order the LPF kit?
Got the invoice today! Will probably order tomorrow.

I'm throwing together a spreadsheet of everything I need right now and reaching out to vendors. This spreadsheet is making me nervous as hell :(
Sponsored