Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
This NEW kit from MMR was developed to support the crankshaft and Harmonic balancer on all 5.0 Coyote applications. This kit helps prevent crankshaft snout failure on supercharged applications that place additional load on the crankshaft and harmonic balancer. Special aerospace hardened, ultra thick washer actually engages the harmonic balancer providing increased support, also helps prevent bolt loosening common with the STD ARP bolt kit. Recommended for all na, Turbo and supercharged applications. Includes ARP 200,000 PSI Tensile Strength bolt.

Purchase now: http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...e=product_info&cPath=4_30_32&products_id=1011

Fits all 2011-2017 Coyote 5.0 Engines with factory and Aftermarket Balancers

444393_.jpg

444393_001.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Do you sell just the washer? And is the bolt the same length as the standard ARP kit?

I have already purchased (haven't used) my ARP crank bolt yet and would be interested in just the washer. Also I am sure you will sell a lot of washer only kits to all those guys already running an ARP bolt and standard washer.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Not sure I understand how this can prevent crank snout failures. please explain. How about OPG failures? Any help with that?

John

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Pretty sure this is the balancer bolt that must be replaced if the OEM one is removed, since it's "torque to yield". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Pretty sure this is the balancer bolt that must be replaced if the OEM one is removed, since it's "torque to yield". Correct me if I'm wrong.
If it's torque to yield it must be replaced... I don't think, however, that aftermarket ARP balancer bolts would be torque to yield...

John

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I am also interested in a washer only kit. Mine has been installed for about 8 months now and I don't need another ARP crank bolt.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
this is nice! I would imagine that it's the same size bolt as it appears that it sits inside that washer. This would/will effectively extend the load surface of the end of the crankshaft, instead of having a "free air" portion. whether it changes anything, not sure, but sure looks like it makes sense.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
this is nice! I would imagine that it's the same size bolt as it appears that it sits inside that washer. This would/will effectively extend the load surface of the end of the crankshaft, instead of having a "free air" portion. whether it changes anything, not sure, but sure looks like it makes sense.
Correct!

In regards to the washer, they are not available alone and are not compatible with the ARP bolt. They are designed to work as a kit, each part locating on the next (bolt locates inside of washer, washer locates inside of balancer.

Fits all Balancers

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I bought this bolt and when we went to install it, apparently the bolt isn't long enough to fit properly.

I have the Stage 2 Procharger kit with a stock balancer. I'm currently using the balancer bolt that came with the MMR OPG/CG kit you sell on eBay.

Any insight?

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
I bought this bolt and when we went to install it, apparently the bolt isn't long enough to fit properly.

I have the Stage 2 Procharger kit with a stock balancer. I'm currently using the balancer bolt that came with the MMR OPG/CG kit you sell on eBay.

Any insight?
Why didnt you use the bolt procharger supplies in the kit?

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Is this available with a 12 point bolt?

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Why didnt you use the bolt procharger supplies in the kit?
My kit is used so I didn't have one. The bolt that came with the MMR OPG/CS kit seems fine and has been for a few thousand miles.

Last edited:

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My kit is used so I didn't have one. The bolt that came with the MMR kit seems fine and has been for a few thousand miles.
That bolt is designed to be longer to help pull the balancer on since a factory bolt is too short and can strip the crank threads. I have that same MMR bolt and with the balancer all the way on the MMR bokt was too long and bottomed out in the crank.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But you having the stage 2 procharger with the added 8 rib is why you can probably use it.
Sponsored