Sponsored

V6 tunes worth it ?

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Stock looks really low. The lowest stock dyno I think I have seen are their highest results.
huh I don't get this one
Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
ok I understand now it was just confusing at first

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Hey chiTwonstang26 did you get your car tuned yet..? If so how do you like it

Last edited:

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
[MENTION=29344]Lbj[/MENTION] No sadly I did not get the MPT yet, been busy but that's no excuse! Lol I do already have a bama tune, and I really don't like it for city driving. But I cannot talk shit until I have experienced another tuners tunes. But I think it's telling when I believe I'm the only v6 on the forum driving around with a bama tune. Hmmmm

P.S. When I get the tune I'm gonna datalog some pulls on then bama tune, then flash the mpt tune moments later and compare logs with same gas, same outside temps, same street, same day and I'll throw them up here if anyone's interested..

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I would like to see the results to if its ok

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I thought I would put in my opinion on some tunes since I have been using them for months now.

I have various mods and I have used the Canned SCT, Bama and MPT tunes with and without mods.

I wouldn't recommend the tunes that come with the tuners because they don't feel as good as the others and they don't really take into account any mods you have.

As for the Bama tunes, I have used the 93 Race and 87 Performance and I would say that they are a nice middle ground or starting point tune. They feel like a huge jump over the stock setup though. If I want a little less throttle response or I know i'm going somewhere without access to 93 octane gas Ill use the 87 Performance tune.

The MPT tune I have is the 93 PRX and in terms of pure performance its the better of the 3 tunes. I have found myself going back to the Bama from time to time because I feel like with the MPT 93 PRX its either full throttle or no throttle no middle ground and that can be annoying sometimes.

These are just my thoughts and I am in no way saying one is better than the other definitively. Just seat dyno.

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Did he have any gains from just E85 do you know?
No dyno before or after :(

He went from BAMA 93 tune to MPT E85 tune and said E85 tune had way more power but is somewhat irrelevant because BAMA tunes are garbage.
Sponsored