Whipple 2.9 Kits @ Lethal Performance

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
So no info on this? Because I know if us commoners go for 17psi with the mods listed in starting post, Lundracing will not tune for it, and if someone else does they will put a new window in their block.

What's missing? Race gas? Sleeves? Something other than a BAP? Nitrous?
I believe they used MS109 fuel and pump booster, that's it!
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
So no info on this? Because I know if us commoners go for 17psi with the mods listed in starting post, Lundracing will not tune for it, and if someone else does they will put a new window in their block.

What's missing? Race gas? Sleeves? Something other than a BAP? Nitrous?
Yes this is a 100% stock engine, never been out of the car. SC went on in the first 1000 miles, Lund Racing tuned it. ID1000 injectors, JMS BAP is the changes to the fuel system. No return style system.

They ran MS109 which is quite incredible.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
You don't need to keep it under 7000. We've got 30k on one of our test cars and 20k on the other, both have massive abuse, near rent a car status lol and no issues. Shelby tracks most of there cars, never an issue. We have thousands of customers running, no issues. Roush also revs to the same rpm, no issues.

I wouldn't offer something that I wouldn't run on my own car and we wouldn't offer a warranty if we felt poorly about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that makes me feel better, all these posts on here make it sound like its a ticking time bomb if you don't do it. :thumbsup::cheers: Thanks

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
that makes me feel better, all these posts on here make it sound like its a ticking time bomb if you don't do it. :thumbsup::cheers: Thanks
11-14's were more problematic, but the 15+ doesn't have an issue. Now if your going to build a race car, built motor, then it's no question a good choice but it's just not needed for daily drivers and stock engines.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
11-14's were more problematic, but the 15+ doesn't have an issue. Now if your going to build a race car, built motor, then it's no question a good choice but it's just not needed for daily drivers and stock engines.
We keep hearing the 15 have thinner timing gear and the 14 and make is more fragile.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
We keep hearing the 15 have thinner timing gear and the 14 and make is more fragile.
We have well over 1000 of them out there running, not one failure that we are aware of. Including many race versions.

Also passed durability testing at 200+mph during the calibration phase. If it passes through the testing we put on these and it passed Roush/Ford Racing durability testing at same RPM, I'm confident that it will not be an issue for DD.

OP
OP
Chris@Lethal

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
17 psi? Uh.... there is something missing in this build. What size pulley? What type of fuel? You are doing this with a BAP?
We were running MS109 fuel and I believe it was a stock lower with a 3.50" upper for the 17lbs! That is correct we just have the JMS plug and play BAP. When the JMS FuelMax is engaged it will support up to 1000HP with the proper injectors installed!

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Chris do you know if the car has a Torsen diff or Traclok?

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
17 psi? Uh.... there is something missing in this build. What size pulley? What type of fuel? You are doing this with a BAP?
We're running a 3.50" upper and a larger lower in the 10 rib setup. MS109 fuel, ID1000's and a JMS fuelmax.

Stock motor, stock MT-82 trans.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

The Game

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Your power pack Whipple kits on Lethal's site, do they come with software from Whipple for the flight control? I have a Lund nGauge already and was just wondering how the initial install works for a tune to run safely until you can get your remote Lund session.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You pick either Whipple or Lund but only Whipple has the Flight Control features.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Your power pack Whipple kits on Lethal's site, do they come with software from Whipple for the flight control? I have a Lund nGauge already and was just wondering how the initial install works for a tune to run safely until you can get your remote Lund session.

There's some changes that just took place today regarding the Whipple kit (Not the packaged kits we put together) for the 2015 GT. From here going forward here's how it will work for all of Whipple's complete kits. The price of the kit is going up by $100.00 but will include the Whipple flare tool that does have the flight control option.

Before if you were to add the Flare tool with flight control option it would be a $200 upgrade. So you're actually getting a better deal now with the Flare tool being included in the kit as a standard option.

You'll still be allowed to delete the flare tool w/calibration for a $200.00 credit if that's the route you want to go.

We will be adjusting pricing on the site which should be active on the user end by tomorrow.

As for our custom packaged Whipple kit. The only way you'll be able to run the Whipple cal with flight control is if you don't install the ID1000's that are included in the package as the Whipple calibration isn't made for those injectors.

Hope that helps.

Jared
Sponsored