Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
  • Banned
If you own a GT350R can you please post a few shots of the rear seat delete. I'm installing my RSD now and the bolts that hold the panel In place seem to be the wrong ones. Also can you include a pic of the RSD near the foot well area by the front seat belt lower ancor. Thank you.
Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
A member over at BMO has his. I would join over there and post in the thread. Its been linked on here in some of the wheel fitment threads. Hes about the only private owner who has one in hand who is active on one forum or another

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
If you own a GT350R can you please post a few shots of the rear seat delete. I'm installing my RSD now and the bolts that hold the panel In place seem to be the wrong ones. Also can you include a pic of the RSD near the foot well area by the front seat belt lower ancor. Thank you.

It's going to be a Torx bolt. Looks like a seat belt bolt. Way bigger than needed.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
It's going to be a Torx bolt. Looks like a seat belt bolt. Way bigger than needed.
Yep. I have all the correct bolts and I even bought the foam blocks. I know it's a waste but I like doing it like oem. I have it installed. I have a thread already on how to install it.

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
I can snag some pictures tomorrow morning. If you post a pic with the areas you need detail on circled, I'll get closeups.

Sponsored

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I can snag some pictures tomorrow morning. If you post a pic with the areas you need detail on circled, I'll get closeups.
Awesome! please open the trunk and take some pictures of the mounting holes for the wing. I'd like to see how many bolts Ford is using. Thanks in advance.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yep. I have all the correct bolts and I even bought the foam blocks. I know it's a waste but I like doing it like oem. I have it installed. I have a thread already on how to install it.
I'm confused. You had a question which seemed to get answered and then you said that you already know everything. Maybe you can clarify your original question so that we can possibly help you?

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I bought the correct bolts and foam blocks. That's not the issue. The question I had was whether or not the RSD went on top of the 1/4 panel trim or under it. The 1/4 panel trim near the floor pan has a notch on the side where I though at first it could slide underneath it. But after I put the RSD in I noticed it will only lay on top. The second question I had which I figured out was the package tray trim. I'm thinking the R has a different trim piece because the R never had a seat to begin with, I had to put 1 hole on each side to bolt the RSD to the package tray where the seat back striker latch was. The R not originally ever having a seat to begin with I'm wondering if it has a different trim piece also because non R's have the child seat mounts on top.
image.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
10-4

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Can you post pics of the area where the rear seat belt shoulder harnesses would be, I'm pretty sure the R uses the same bezel as all other mustangs. But it may have a block off plate without a hole for the belt to go through. Also can you take a pic of the top of the package tray please, does the R have two round child seat anchors on top?
Thank you.

Sponsored

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
Here's a full frontal pic. Three bolts, seatbelt trim piece looks unchanged from the non-R:
_DSC1108.jpg

Last edited:

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
The rear package tray has a single child seat anchor on the passenger side:
_DSC1110.jpg

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
Footwell area by the seatbelt anchor:
_DSC1111.jpg

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The rear package tray has a single child seat anchor on the passenger side:
Interesting the R only has the right side child seat. Hmmmmmm
Thank you very much!!!

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Footwell area by the seatbelt anchor:
This is the area I was questioning, except a little bit higher up. But it looks like the RSD still sits on top of the 1/4 trim.
Thank you very much.
Sponsored