S550 vs S197

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Had an interesting little run yesterday. I was driving down our main drag/street in town (4 lane devided) & had a '13 or '14 Mustang 5.0 come around me on my left. We were both coming up to a red light, the left lane was open, which he was in and there was a car in the right lane at the light. So, I ducked in behind him. I didn't think he was going to do anything, but when the light turned green...he nailed it, so...I nailed it too! We ran up to about 80 mph before we hit the next light. He didn't get away from me...I was literally 2' off his rear bumper. I had to turn left at that next light, so I got in the left lane. He pulled up beside me & said I was the first person he couldn't shake. I asked him what gears his Mustang was running...they were 3.73's with an auto. Mines a base GT with 3.31's & manual. I was honestly kind of surprised he didn't run away from me! Just thought I'd share....
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Good run! These cars are all a drivers race, stock for stock. Don't car what the 11-14 owners say....I also believe past 100 the '15 GT's will pull them.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
If you were 2' off his bumper, his car spent a lot of HP punching a hole through the air that your car didn't (aka: Drafting). You might have seen different results if you were side by side.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Good run! These cars are all a drivers race, stock for stock. Don't car what the 11-14 owners say....I also believe past 100 the '15 GT's will pull them.
Agreed. I do think down low tho, the 3.73's make a difference.

If you were 2' off his bumper, his car spent a lot of HP punching a hole through the air that your car didn't (aka: Drafting). You might have seen different results if you were side by side.

I doubt at those speeds it makes THAT much of a difference?

OP- did either of you break traction?

OP
OP
B-52 Jetman

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Agreed. I do think down low tho, the 3.73's make a difference.

I doubt at those speeds it makes THAT much of a difference?

OP- did either of you break traction?
No it doesn't, I've been riding motorcycles for 35 years...wind resistance at 70-80 mph isn't much. I didn't hear him break loose...I had pretty viscous wheel hop on the 1-2 shift.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Actually the 3.73's in his car probably hurt him more than anything.

The 4.17 first gear ratio of the 6R80 makes for some crazy torque multiplication. 3.31's are the shortest gear I'd run with an auto in a S197..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.