Sponsored

Corsa touring axle back

SBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
After watching several video clips of axle back exhaust systems, I settled on the Corsa touring axle back for my 2016 GT.
I didn`t want anything over the top as far as loudness goes, but wanted something with a deeper tone than stock.
Just installed it yesterday kept the factory resonator on and had it out for a long drive. This set up is what I was hoping it would be, slightly louder than stock at idle, a nice growl at mid throttle and a great sound at wot.
Took a long time to pull the trigger, but I am pleased with the outcome.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was happy with it coupled with the stock resonator. I was even more happy after putting an H pipe on.

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I currently have an h pipe and can't decide between the awe or corsa touring axle back. The awe is a lot cheaper, I can't decide between the sounds though..

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have an h pipe and can't decide between the awe or corsa touring axle back. The awe is a lot cheaper, I can't decide between the sounds though..

[MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] may be able to give you a price that brings that quite a bit closer.

Where in IL are you? Several folks nearby here with the Sport catback (which has the touring axleback).

Corsa for mild in the cabin with the windows up, and a more exotic, modern muscle tone. AWE for the more classic, deep tone and more interior volume. Neither drone.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Corsa FTW!
Seriously, 100%

I can't believe my fuel economy hasn't dropped, as I find myself being much more aggressive with the happy pedal. :headbang:

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
[MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] may be able to give you a price that brings that quite a bit closer.

Where in IL are you? Several folks nearby here with the Sport catback (which has the touring axleback).

Corsa for mild in the cabin with the windows up, and a more exotic, modern muscle tone. AWE for the more classic, deep tone and more interior volume. Neither drone.
Im near effingham,il in the central part. There are very few new stangs around here. I definitely have no tolerance for any drone. I love the deep muscle car rumble, but id like to keep the interiors volume to a minimum when cruising for comfort. At least and til i step on it! haha I may put headers on down the road too. Id like to keep this car na since every other vehicle i have has a power adder. Any of you guys going to mustang week? I think im gana at least wait after that. Im sure ill be able to hear the different setups there.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yep, great systems

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Im near effingham,il in the central part. There are very few new stangs around here. I definitely have no tolerance for any drone. I love the deep muscle car rumble, but id like to keep the interiors volume to a minimum when cruising for comfort. At least and til i step on it! haha I may put headers on down the road too. Id like to keep this car na since every other vehicle i have has a power adder. Any of you guys going to mustang week? I think im gana at least wait after that. Im sure ill be able to hear the different setups there.
Sounds like Corsa is for you. Even the sport catback is pretty mild when you're just cruising, with zero drone (can't even make it drone), and silent when on the highway. Let it rip and it roars. I've had a few different variations of this exhaust on my car and personally sampled the Sport several times. I'm still shocked how mild the Xtreme can be when you want it given the insane volume when you get on the pedal hard. The sport is nearly a perfect DD system though. Nice and deep tone, and it keeps the tone all the way through the revs.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
This is the one I've settled on as well after hours of watching different videos, once I sell my ecoboost parts to cover some of it I'll pick one up.

Sponsored

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Sounds like Corsa is for you. Even the sport catback is pretty mild when you're just cruising, with zero drone (can't even make it drone), and silent when on the highway. Let it rip and it roars. I've had a few different variations of this exhaust on my car and personally sampled the Sport several times. I'm still shocked how mild the Xtreme can be when you want it given the insane volume when you get on the pedal hard. The sport is nearly a perfect DD system though. Nice and deep tone, and it keeps the tone all the way through the revs.
awesome thanks for the advice!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Tyguy - are you still looking for a Corsa exhaust? I have a touring axle back (sport mufflers) and H-pipe for sale.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Tyguy - are you still looking for a Corsa exhaust? I have a touring axle back (sport mufflers) and H-pipe for sale.
How did you hook up the H-pipe with this system? More importantly, any video of the sound?
Sponsored