Sponsored

Ford Dealer- We won't let you see inside the R!

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Some people on here must be very scared to drive their cars, lol.

c641dbd7110098a37a427b84700002b9.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I guess I would have to ask the dealer to clarify - Is it spoken for, or is it not. I mean, it's not on the main lot = red flag number 1... He said it was spoken for = red flag number 2.... then going on to mention that it might end up for sale doesn't exactly resolve issue 1 and 2. I think the OP might have mistaken an over-zealous salespersons vagueness as availability. I'll let me enthusiast brain take over here and decide that the new owner probably doesn't want anyone messing with it.

So it went like this:

Hi, I saw online that you have a GT350R.

Yes, it's actually sold.

Can I see it anyway?

Sure, let's drive you into the parking structure where we keep sold cars to look at a sold car...that you aren't going to buy...because it's sold.

Nice car, can I see inside?

No.
Again, you are drawing your own conclusions on this. If they told me it was definitely sold, it would have been different.

It was actually not like that... but since a lot of you think I'm over-reacting and not giving me the benefit of the doubt, I'll clarify to the exact point.

Stopped in and inquired with a salesman about the car, and he paused and said that they had it, had a special order on it, but that the buyer had been unresponsive to them, and hence, he wasn't convinced the car was sold since the person was not following through after a long wait. Car had definitely been sitting and like I said, the dirt and birdshit showed that.

There was every indicator that the car was not really sold, but the dealership was holding onto the $17K ADM deal for as long as they could and said the guy had a few more days to do the deal. I honestly don't believe they would have even showed me the car in the first place if they were sure it was sold and the guy was responding to them. Seeing inside as the GT350 guy in me wanting to see # of the car. And if the guy backs out, seeing what the dealership may do down the road. I won't be making the trip back.

As far as deals and if a car is sold, the Yellow one locally was a special order for a customer and they thought it was sold.. and the guy backed out. I'm sure they may have had some interest at first, and it would have been in their best interest to keep backup buyers there "just in case". I think everyone knows the dealership ending up holding the car for a long time and that Buyer that was unresponsive got the last laugh.

If you guys ever go to a Ferrari or lambo dealership, ask to look inside even though you don't plan on buying and see what they do.. I'd bet they'd grab the keys and show you even though you have ZERO intention of buying. I am a bonafide potential buyer for this car.

And I'm just curious if you guys let people look at your cars at car shows and/or gas stations or while you're out? Those encouters are more of a wildcard than cracking a door open at a dealership. I can't imagine living scared like some of you.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
This is what I thought, the dealer thought they might even get more out of you than the "buyer" that they have for 17k ADM. After talking to you they figured out pretty quickly you weren't even going to match the 17k. So the GM tells sales guy to get rid of you, which is obviously a piss poor business decision when you are in sales/customer service.

My 16 tech was supposedly "sold" as well the day I bought mine and parked out back. At least they called the guy and asked him if he really wanted the car before they started negotiating with me. I wish it was sold it would've saved me a lot of trouble. :doh:

I have driven over a million miles in various vehicles and I have never seen a rip in a seat from jeans etc. Even in my M3/4 that had pretty soft Merino leather. :roll eyes:

That being said and again, if I special ordered an R, I would be very specific with the dealership about my intentions and instructions if I could't be there when it came off of the transport.

Edit: I'm guessing the buyer is trying to renogtiate the ADM as he/she is probably reading on here or elsewhere that they are coming down.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Again, you are drawing your own conclusions on this. If they told me it was definitely sold, it would have been different.

It was actually not like that... but since a lot of you think I'm over-reacting and not giving me the benefit of the doubt, I'll clarify to the exact point.

Stopped in and inquired with a salesman about the car, and he paused and said that they had it, had a special order on it, but that the buyer had been unresponsive to them, and hence, he wasn't convinced the car was sold since the person was not following through after a long wait. Car had definitely been sitting and like I said, the dirt and birdshit showed that.

There was every indicator that the car was not really sold, but the dealership was holding onto the $17K ADM deal for as long as they could and said the guy had a few more days to do the deal. I honestly don't believe they would have even showed me the car in the first place if they were sure it was sold and the guy was responding to them. Seeing inside as the GT350 guy in me wanting to see # of the car. And if the guy backs out, seeing what the dealership may do down the road. I won't be making the trip back.

As far as deals and if a car is sold, the Yellow one locally was a special order for a customer and they thought it was sold.. and the guy backed out. I'm sure they may have had some interest at first, and it would have been in their best interest to keep backup buyers there "just in case". I think everyone knows the dealership ending up holding the car for a long time and that Buyer that was unresponsive got the last laugh.

If you guys ever go to a Ferrari or lambo dealership, ask to look inside even though you don't plan on buying and see what they do.. I'd bet they'd grab the keys and show you even though you have ZERO intention of buying. I am a bonafide potential buyer for this car.

And I'm just curious if you guys let people look at your cars at car shows and/or gas stations or while you're out? Those encouters are more of a wildcard than cracking a door open at a dealership. I can't imagine living scared like some of you.
I drew those conclusions based on your story. Don't know what to tell you.

I'm local - come open my door and check it out. Living scared? Hardly. Agreeing that I don't want someone #%%## with my $70k car before I do.
Sponsored