Sponsored

Comprehensive Airlift P Install (Pictures Lost)

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
THanks. It's grounded at the battery. Only periodically does it and not all the time.
That's weird. Maybe the compressor is showing signs of wear and pulling too much amperage at times to get going?
Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
That's weird. Maybe the compressor is showing signs of wear and pulling too much amperage at times to get going?
Yeah I guess. It's been installed since May 2016 and NEVER a problem before until recently one morning the pump didn't come on.......checked the fuse at the battery, replaced and it lasted maybe 2 days before popping again. One thin that I noticed when it popped was that my A/C was on so when o turn it off it stopped blowing the fuse. I called airlift and they think the compressor may be going bad because for a full year it never blew a fuse whatsoever.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah I guess. It's been installed since May 2016 and NEVER a problem before until recently one morning the pump didn't come on.......checked the fuse at the battery, replaced and it lasted maybe 2 days before popping again. One thin that I noticed when it popped was that my A/C was on so when o turn it off it stopped blowing the fuse. I called airlift and they think the compressor may be going bad because for a full year it never blew a fuse whatsoever.
It could've eaten some moisture and rusted inside. Might be worth a look to pop it open?

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could've eaten some moisture and rusted inside. Might be worth a look to pop it open?
Well going on 3 weeks now and haven't popped another fuse at all and with the a/c on......weird but it has blown them a few times.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well going on 3 weeks now and haven't popped another fuse at all and with the a/c on......weird but it has blown them a few times.
That's odd. Hopefully she keeps going, then haha.

Random question I have for anyone:

Does anyone get a front end clunk upon raising? I just assumed it was the tires being pulled inward but I decided to ask. I'll be getting under there in the next week or so to check everything over again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That's odd. Hopefully she keeps going, then haha.

Random question I have for anyone:

Does anyone get a front end clunk upon raising? I just assumed it was the tires being pulled inward but I decided to ask. I'll be getting under there in the next week or so to check everything over again.
Yah I get some clunking but mostly when pumping up to 125psi to get on my lift. I agree, sounds like tires getting pulled inwards

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I get the same clunk when air'ing up. If you look at the last vid I posted on my IG account. You can hear it as the car raises.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks Gentlemen! I didn't sound like a mechanical clunk so I haven't been worried.

Les, it took me a minute to find that video... I got...distracted... lol. How in the hell does your GF/Wife let you get away with being around them sexy ass girls? lol

Last edited:

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Thanks Gentlemen! I didn't sound like a mechanical clunk so I haven't been worried.

Les, it took me a minute to find that video... I got...distracted... lol. How in the hell does your GF/Wife let you get away with being around them sexy ass girls? lol
Mine has made that clunk sound for over a year now. I have checked many times and there is no damage anywhere being done so I am not that worried about it.

When I get it aligned I will air the car up and down while under it to pinpoint where it is coming from.

I can't give away all of my secrets but it starts with treating the one at home like a queen :D

PaintItBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 5.0

From reading around, it seems normal for the bags themselves to 'pop' as they inflate from aired out. Mine does it every time in the front.

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes mine makes a pop sound as well on rise. Other than that and popping a fuse it's worth it just to be able to sit the car where you want to. I've been on rough roads where they are working on and just raise it up to stock height and then back to a preset height once on a smoother road.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Blah. Just started to get a sharp pop on the rear(left?) over bumps. Guess it's time to get it back in the air and check it out.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Blah. Just started to get a sharp pop on the rear(left?) over bumps. Guess it's time to get it back in the air and check it out.
My money says the nutsert on the bottom of the airbag pulled out and its no longer connected to the lower control arm.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My money says the nutsert on the bottom of the airbag pulled out and its no longer connected to the lower control arm.
I just quickly felt around. Feels like it's still in there. I would think it would've fallen out if it had. When I get out of work, I'll jack it up and get under there.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I may be a bit of a dumbass, I'm about 90% sure, anyway. I'm in the process of moving and I forgot I moved my trunk tools around and I think my pulley puller was bouncing around... Took of the rear tires and shook and pried and loaded and unloaded everything and couldn't find anything loose. Then I saw the puller when I was loading my tools back up. Took a quick, bumpy test ride and nothing.

I swear I've made more mistakes with this car than all my other cars combined lol.
Sponsored