Aussie S550 Twin Turbo 9.3@148

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That 60' won't come down without more boost at launch, maybe a better tire is in order.
they are going 1.2 60's on the 305/45/17 need more boost/rpm out the hole, if we can get it on a prepped track it will help.
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
they are going 1.2 60's on the 305/45/17 need more boost/rpm out the hole, if we can get it on a prepped track it will help.
yep. the radials are fine.

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I was only speaking to your comment that you thought an 6r80 would be faster than a glide. I disagree with your idea on the et variance only because of what I've seen. Also like I mentioned Jpc has told me themselves the 6r80 doesn't compare. They themselves said It's on average a half a second faster with nothing else changed. I checked into it and it checked out. :shrug:

With that said I think it's a great choice if people keep it around 1000whp and don't use a trans brake, 2step and it's not running races for money. The cases crack and just simply aren't up to the task. From what I've seen they don't last more than a couple hundred or less launches like that.
if you compare our times with 6R80 car's they are very similar, the absolute best the car can go with the 148mph it has run is a 9.07, a 'Glide will tend to run a 1mph or so less than a 6R80 because it does go that little better. there's 148-150mph 6R80 car's running 9.0-9.2 times, how we are leaving at the moment, a 6R80 would help us, because it's labouring out the hole. when you look at guys like Joe Holt running 9.13@150 then breakdown the increments, they are extremely efficient passes using the 6R80, i've watched his in-car video's, man that car is pretty crazy, PBD has got it on point! i honestly don't see where another .4-sec could be picked up, it's very close to a perfect pass for the mph.

i agree, if they aren't taken to the strip too often up to 1000-1100hp @ engine the 6R80 are great boxes (with the right parts and tune), they will be even better in something not weighing 3800lbs+

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Exactly my point those cars are running those numbers on well prepped tracks, the tracks that you are on a marginal hence why you can't leave on the trans brake. Putting a softer tire will help you leave.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Exactly my point those cars are running those numbers on well prepped tracks, the tracks that you are on a marginal hence why you can't leave on the trans brake. Putting a softer tire will help you leave.
once we cage it, we can go to the Test & Tune events, the track will be prepped 100% then, we can throw everything at it, maybe another psi or 2 as well

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
if you compare our times with 6R80 car's they are very similar, the absolute best the car can go with the 148mph it has run is a 9.07, a 'Glide will tend to run a 1mph or so less than a 6R80 because it does go that little better. there's 148-150mph 6R80 car's running 9.0-9.2 times, how we are leaving at the moment, a 6R80 would help us, because it's labouring out the hole. when you look at guys like Joe Holt running 9.13@150 then breakdown the increments, they are extremely efficient passes using the 6R80, i've watched his in-car video's, man that car is pretty crazy, PBD has got it on point! i honestly don't see where another .4-sec could be picked up, it's very close to a perfect pass for the mph.

i agree, if they aren't taken to the strip too often up to 1000-1100hp @ engine the 6R80 are great boxes (with the right parts and tune), they will be even better in something not weighing 3800lbs+
I try to refrain from comparing slips at other tracks with different prep, da, etc. It's a slippery slope in my opinion. Joe is running 8.5@164. From my understanding the 6r80 doesn't shift quite as quick. I personally have no experience driving a built, converted and tune worked one.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
If you are going turbo single or twins, doesn't matter.. the best thing is a glide or th400.
Turbos and 6r80's are not a great combo mainly because of the tall 1st gear ratio and the way it shifts it's just to hard to control the transmission to do everything right even if you data log a lot.
If I could go back in time I would've done a glide with the gear vendors on my former T.T 13 GT and I'm sure it woulda been in the 8's easy back then. Instead insisted on the 6R80 and ended up blowing that thing up.... Not worth it... Glide + Turbo + a lot of power = perfection at the drag strip imo...

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I try to refrain from comparing slips at other tracks with different prep, da, etc. It's a slippery slope in my opinion. Joe is running 8.5@164. From my understanding the 6r80 doesn't shift quite as quick. I personally have no experience driving a built, converted and tune worked one.
i agree, getting into the 160mph+ mark it's pushing beyond even the built ones. i will however say a built 6R80/ZF 6HP26 were you can actually push it hard and get more aggressive, it does change it. definitely doesn't shift as hard as an old skool box, but they do shift hard.

i love the US guys because they understand why a old skool box is an option, the Aussie's however whine literally :lol:we are doing a blown one now which should push very deep into the 9's will remain stock 6R80 then we will do box upgrades and see how much it improves

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This is how I see it if your car came with the 6R80 build it and carry on, if you have a PP and want to switch to auto and don't care about OD go powerglide or TH400. If you want auto and need OD stick with the 6R80. They are all going to cost an arm and a leg anyways lol.

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This is how I see it if your car came with the 6R80 build it and carry on, if you have a PP and want to switch to auto and don't care about OD go powerglide or TH400. If you want auto and need OD stick with the 6R80. They are all going to cost an arm and a leg anyways lol.
agreed, was too much to change to 6R80, had a 2500hp PowerGlide laying there doing nothing, so basically cost $2500 to do the conversion instead of $10k+, being in Australia and the 2015 Mustang only being all we got here, we don't get much of an option on 6R80 for cheap.

hopefully, if we push the stock motor further and all the stars align, we'd love to see an 8.8

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
:lol: I'm going to rip my hair out trying to figure out what trans I should use. Glide or th400. Wish I had it all figured out like you. Fml.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
agreed, was too much to change to 6R80, had a 2500hp PowerGlide laying there doing nothing, so basically cost $2500 to do the conversion instead of $10k+, being in Australia and the 2015 Mustang only being all we got here, we don't get much of an option on 6R80 for cheap.

hopefully, if we push the stock motor further and all the stars align, we'd love to see an 8.8
none of the barra motors got 6r80s?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

On a good track and leaving with more boost it will hit the 8's for sure, not sure if it has been mentioned but is there any massaging of the tunnel to fit the glide and if so where and how much ? Pic's would be great if you have some to share.:cheers:
Sponsored