Sponsored

Got quoted full MSRP for a '15...

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
my car was 41900 sticker...got it for 37500+ttl.

gt premium, performance pack, recaros, rear parking sensors...

sounds like you're getting ript a new one
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
try truecar
I picked up a focus last year at a great deal.
I tried it a few months ago on a GT with PP and it said 38k... I think, whatever it was it was well below MSRP.

usa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Local dealer is discounting 2015 GTs $4K under MSRP.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Is $38.5k OTD for a '15 GT Premium Auto, with Navigation, Premier Trim and Enhanced Security package unrealistic?
Very highly unlikely.

I bought a premier auto GT with the 3.55 axle ($350 option) and it was just under $39k out the door on X-plan which is a fixed price at invoice pricing. Of course taxes/fees vary by state, but I believe we are 7% here and CA is 7.5% so it's close. The fees/registration idk. But it should be far off, not more than a few hundred.

You're talking another $1400 in options you want even at invoice/xplan pricing (350 enhanced security, 350 premier trim, $710 for nax) so you're likely just over $40k out the door even at invoice/xplan.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I don't really trust Galpin. They are the largest Ford dealership and move alot Mustangs but there's a reason for that.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Most of the time you will get that kind of a response if you fit into one of three categories:

1) You fall in love with the car and literally act as if you need THAT car. As was said before, you have to be willing to walk away or else they will play hardball. No dealer will just quote you a low number because they have done it for someone before, the circumstances are all different.
2) You look young and inexperienced. Usually the young and inexperienced do not know as much about the process to negotiate to get the best price possible. Again, they have to feed their families too and dealerships are eating off of breadcrumbs more and more with competition and internet.
3) You have terrible credit. They are taking a higher risk so they are going to try to recoup as much as possible from those folks to balance with the risk.

If you want the best deal, go in with your homework done. The "xplan is for special orders only" is complete nonsense, so do not fall for that. My guess is that you showed a great amount of love for the car and they thought you were more likely to continue negotiating or otherwise not be willing to walk away. Go in with quotes from other dealers for similar cars. There is no reason that the dealer HAS to quote you a low price, but there is equally no reason why you HAVE to consider it. Walking away is very powerful, you should always respond with a target of yours (lower than you are willing to pay). The number of people that walk in, test drive then never call or speak to the dealer again is probably very large, so there is no compelling reason for them to aggressively call you and try to lower the price to get you to come back.

Not sure if this helps. :)

Chris

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Picked my Premium GT, last month, with Navigation, 3.55's, and 20" foundry wheels for $34,950 + Tax. MSRP was $40,100. Id definitely keep looking!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon
try truecar
I picked up a focus last year at a great deal.
I tried it a few months ago on a GT with PP and it said 38k... I think, whatever it was it was well below MSRP.
He wouldn't honor truecar.com for the GT, but I'm sure someone will.

Most of the time you will get that kind of a response if you fit into one of three categories:

1) You fall in love with the car and literally act as if you need THAT car. As was said before, you have to be willing to walk away or else they will play hardball. No dealer will just quote you a low number because they have done it for someone before, the circumstances are all different.
2) You look young and inexperienced. Usually the young and inexperienced do not know as much about the process to negotiate to get the best price possible. Again, they have to feed their families too and dealerships are eating off of breadcrumbs more and more with competition and internet.
3) You have terrible credit. They are taking a higher risk so they are going to try to recoup as much as possible from those folks to balance with the risk.

If you want the best deal, go in with your homework done. The "xplan is for special orders only" is complete nonsense, so do not fall for that. My guess is that you showed a great amount of love for the car and they thought you were more likely to continue negotiating or otherwise not be willing to walk away. Go in with quotes from other dealers for similar cars. There is no reason that the dealer HAS to quote you a low price, but there is equally no reason why you HAVE to consider it. Walking away is very powerful, you should always respond with a target of yours (lower than you are willing to pay). The number of people that walk in, test drive then never call or speak to the dealer again is probably very large, so there is no compelling reason for them to aggressively call you and try to lower the price to get you to come back.

Not sure if this helps. :)

Chris
Great feedback. I knew the whole x-plan for special orders only was BS, but I did second guess myself for awhile. Thanks for the advice.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bet if you actually put galpins zip into the trucar website, they will be one of the dealers that pop up to contact you. If not, plenty of surrounding dealers that will be participating.

Im guessing the OP contacted a floor sales guy and not one of the sales/internet managers?

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I'd say 39-40k all-inclusive OTD would be a really good, doable deal.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well if MSRP is 41k, right now trucar has about 3k off. So that is 38k before TTL, in CA tax is almost 10%, registration/title./etc another $500. Would need to get into the 5-6k off sticker range in order to get it for 40K or less OTD

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Well if MSRP is 41k, right now trucar has about 3k off. So that is 38k before TTL, in CA tax is almost 10%, registration/title./etc another $500. Would need to get into the 5-6k off sticker range in order to get it for 40K or less OTD
I don't disagree -- but it can, and should be done...

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
2K over MSRP??? What a joke!!! Maybe, when the car first launched...But with the 16's coming out, you can get a way better deal than most folks.

I live in Socal and wish I knew about this forum and x-plan. I only got 2.5k off MSRP and thought that was really good deal...but after reading everything it wasn't. But then again, location also plays a role.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Tell the salesman the price you expect to pay. Leave him your phone number and tell him you are going to shop around and look for the same car for a cheaper price. You will be surprised how quick he will call you.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Paid 35,300 for my pp gt premium, nav, enhance security. Msrp was $40,800

Autonation ford Torrance

Sales man: Ron smith
Sponsored

Reactions: 24K