Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I said F it and ordered it myself^... might be on hold for a little bit because they revised the board on the harness... I love the design, and via Brent I know they are working on fixing the bugs. I don't mind waiting for V2.0.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Btw people those willing to do a tune. You may see some very impressive results. Hopefully soon we will have some official numbers but HOLY CRAP
Spill the beans, Nancy!! You must KNOW something :D

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I'm awaiting more info on this tune paired with the PMAS intake. Sounds juicy.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'm awaiting more info on this tune paired with the PMAS intake. Sounds juicy.
I won't say anything. It's up to the member working on it [emoji87] [emoji86] [emoji85]

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I had a feeling the real benefit of this system wasn't going to be seen until it was specifically tuned. Not that it's not good all by itself, but with a specific tune, it would show how much a CAI and tune can really do.

I'm thinking a tuner will need to make a custom tune just for this CAI though to get the absolute max out of it. It doesn't seem like a stock tune will do it justice. I know it'll work, but wouldn't be optimal since I don't see how it can account for the ease of getting extra air in the system. Although I don't know enough about this to know it that's true or not. It just seems like it would be.

Is he getting a custom tune or an off the shelf stock tune?

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Just to alleviate some strife before confusion starts Brent is referring to me and made just a slight misquote, my car was previously tuned with nothing more than a airaid elbow and afe filter, my tuner noted maf flow was flatlining, so i removed the filter and picked up 8hp, we both decided i needed an intake, so the pmas was installed and made really impressive gains that blew my mind but didnt shock the tuner, all i got was an "i told you so".

I will be more definitive with actual gains once i can do a same day back to back between the stock and pmas and get print outs, cause forum folk believe nothing unless there's pictures....NO ADJUSTMENTS WERE MADE FOR THE PMAS!

Basically the stock airbox is seriously undersized.

Last edited:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Just to alleviate some strife before confusion starts Brent is referring to me and made just a slight misquote, my car was previously tuned with nothing more than a airaid elbow and afe filter, my tuner noted maf flow was flatlining, so i removed the filter and picked up 8hp, we both decided i needed an intake, so the pmas was installed and made really impressive gains that blew my mind but didnt shock the tuner, all i got was an "i told you so".

I will be more definitive with actual gains once i can do a same day back to back between the stock and pmas and get print outs, cause forum folk believe nothing unless there's pictures....NO ADJUSTMENTS WERE MADE FOR THE PMAS!

My bad but gains are still for a lack of better term..INSANE. I figured this thread could use some good gossip for once.

Hell it might convert me into getting a tune lol

Sponsored

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Its all good man, yeah some positivity needs to make its way in here, this intake works yeah there were some growing pains but nonetheless this thing works better than advertised.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP

Sounds about right. I'll stay tuned for those dyno sheets, because, as you said...nothing is true without picture/video evidence! :lol:

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Ok just to keep my inbox from blowing up, the numbers are as follows, again take it with a grain of salt until i get dyno sheets: on my current tune on the stock box with just the airaid tube and afe filter the car made 400whp, no tune whp was 381

With nothing more than the pmas intake the car made 448 whp, i was running the wrong maf cal and my tuner noticed fueling was slightly off so he attempted to add fuel up top but for whatever reason the car wouldn't go into op mode [optimum performance] so the car would start to climb like the first pull and then at 4300rpm would table top 395 all the way to 6800, so we called it quits until i got the correct maf file.

I have it now, fueling looks good, so im gonna try for new dynos today if weather holds out, for the naysayers the car shifts just as hard on the 4-5 shift as it does on the 2-3, it feels like the engine is trying to twist out of the mounts, better known as awesomeness.
Sponsored