Sponsored

Royal Purple Fluid Change

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Just picked up RP full synthetic 5w20 for the engine, Synchromax for the trans and Full synthetic 75w90 for the rear end. Should smooth things out, I cant really complain though, the only PITA noise I have is the rear end due to the poly bushings. Hopefully this will quiet that down a bit. The trans is relatively quite, only have a few "notchy" shifts from time to time.

Car drives great though, I like doing this sort of thing for piece of mind. Plus draining out any break in crud is always a bonus.

I just turned 6,000 miles so this will be the first oil change.

I'll keep everyone posted on my results, taking it on a ride up to NY this weekend so that will be a solid test.
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
I will be getting my original fill engine oil changed to Royal Purple next week as my car hits 1000 mile mark...and yes, I know it's excessive.

OP
OP

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I just really want my differential to shut the f up. With the windows closed and no radio on it's pretty freakin loud on the highway.

OP
OP

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
No noticeable changes. Still shifts good and the differential is still loud. At least I know I have good fluid in there now. Stock diff fluid was black and had some metallic dust on the magnets from break-in. Trans fluid wasn't clear but it also wasn't black, no real issues with that.

Took about 2 hours to do the engine, trans and diff on jack stands in my garage.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Did you add the Ford friction modifier in the rear or is what's in the Royal Purple good enough?

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
How is the differential loud on the highway? Under that condition, the differential shouldn't really be contributing anything...

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I will never use Synchromesh again on any vehicle. I put some in my Evo a few years back and within 25 miles I was pulling into a Ford dealership to have them replace it with stock Mitsu fluid. Transmission shifted like crap, was noisy as hell and would lock out gears.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
RP Synchromax worked well on the MT82. Lowered shifting effort and notchiness by a lot. Many others have had positive results. RP already has the friction modifier according to the big tranny fluid thread

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I will never use Synchromesh again on any vehicle. I put some in my Evo a few years back and within 25 miles I was pulling into a Ford dealership to have them replace it with stock Mitsu fluid. Transmission shifted like crap, was noisy as hell and would lock out gears.
Royal Purple does not recomend Syncromax for the Evo manual transmission, they recomend Gear Max.

If you don't follow the manufactuers recommendation it's not an issue with the product.

Royal Purple does recomend Synxromax as a performance upgrade for the Mustang MT-82 tranny and it works very well in that application, better than the factory fill.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Anyone know what would work well for a V6 auto, engine oil is already royal purple (Trans, rear end, etc.)

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I'm about to get my MGW shifter installed at a shop and told the guy that I also wanted to change my transmission fluid to RP...

He told me not to change it because RP breaks down pretty easy and OEM fluid is best.

He's a very good reputation here in SoCal with mustangs and performance cars....not sure what to do now?

Any thoughts on this

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
I'm about to get my MGW shifter installed at a shop and told the guy that I also wanted to change my transmission fluid to RP...

He told me not to change it because RP breaks down pretty easy and OEM fluid is best.

He's a very good reputation here in SoCal with mustangs and performance cars....not sure what to do now?

Any thoughts on this
as him his thoughts on AMSOIL for the gearbox and rear end as opposed to the factory fill (muscle mustangs and fast fords magazine loves the stuff).

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Any thoughts on this
I changed my transmission fluid to RP and it was a lot smoother and less notchy. Much reduced shifter effort

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
The best but expensive

Anyone know what would work well for a V6 auto, engine oil is already royal purple (Trans, rear end, etc.)
If you want your car's internals to be trouble free, nothing beats using the best fluids and keeping them clean. If your expecting your Cyclone auto equipped Mustang to roll along for 150,000+ miles just use Royal Purple lubricants. And NO, I have no marketing connection with them. :cheers:

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
So if I wanted to switch my auto over to royal what would I need for it or is it even doable
Sponsored