Des Moines, Iowa

NickD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of a Mustang GT
my friend just opened up " new edge automotive" He has a turbo charged '03 cobra and he just hired another friend of mine who has owned several mustangs and currently has a 2015 comp orange gt.

http://newedgeauto.com

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I'm located in the Quad Cities and have the same issue. I'm looking for a local shop with experience working on late model Mustangs. I hoping to find something better than a general tire and brake shop.

OP
OP

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hey NickD tell your friend to check his web site for typos. Would hate him to not get someone's business based on that. I am on the technology business, and can tell you that it actually happens! I think I have seen the 15 orange around Waukee.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Des Moines here as well. Been to weds nights at Bennigan's a couple of times.

Sponsored

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
Iowa City

I'm out in Iowa City with a competition orange GT PP. Are you guys driving your stangs through winter?

OP
OP

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Nice! I was about to pull the trigger on a set of wheels and some blizzaks for a winter set up but now I'm debating buying a Jeep to drive in winter. No way to driving it with those summer Pirelli Zero's!

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I was about to pull the trigger on a set of wheels and some blizzaks for a winter set up but now I'm debating buying a Jeep to drive in winter. No way to driving it with those summer Pirelli Zero's!
Lol...I put on my winter package (got some wheels from a 2012 gt California and Bridgestone blizzak's lm-32; still not sure if I'll be driving it through winter. Although I was able to get 19's, I still had to use a 1/4" spacer from maximum motorsports (ordered from www.lmr.com) to clear the brakes.
20151104_130800-1024x576.jpg
20150531_182758-1024x576.jpg

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Lol...I put on my winter package (got some wheels from a 2012 gt California and Bridgestone blizzak's lm-32; still not sure if I'll be driving it through winter. Although I was able to get 19's, I still had to use a 1/4" spacer from maximum motorsports (ordered from www.lmr.com) to clear the brakes.
Looks sharp! I plan to garage mine over the winter and drive my Jeep instead.

OP
OP

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
That's funny guys because I was planning to put some Blizzaks on but ended up just getting a JK to drive when weather's not cooperating. I was about to pull the trigger on tires so I'm glad I didn't. I've always been into Jeeps. Anyways, this is my second JK. Now have the third stall in the garage full with a dormant (during bad weather) Mustang.

Best of both worlds IMO, really happy with my current set up.
mustang1.jpg
mustang2.jpg
phpz1tWZcPM.jpg

Sponsored

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Lol...the jk is an expensive but great alternative...and looks awesome by the way. Also, your stang looks pretty sick lowered with the lip spoiler.

NickD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of a Mustang GT
very nice jeep! I saw you in the mustang about a month ago going down 235 after work. Do you work downtown?

when I had a mustang, I always had a daily driver of some sort. Winters can be pretty nasty and I didn't want to risk wrecking the car or getting it all torn up from the brine and sand they put down.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Funny...Mustangs and Jeeps. Same here...major mods over Winter so Jeep Grand Cherokee for me.

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
I'm out in Iowa City with a competition orange GT PP. Are you guys driving your stangs through winter?
I'm pretty sure I saw you driving on riverside a couple months ago. I'm a student in Iowa City with a Magnetic '16 GT with the Corsa Extreme. If you don't see you'll for sure hear me.

Skrapmetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Magnetic 15 GTPP in Des Moines. We have a group of us that met on SVTP that get together regularly in the summer, whether it is going to Karl Performance for Cars n Coffee once a month, or a once-a-year cruise to Council Bluffs to meet up with some guys from Omaha. Facebook group for the cruise: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2014MustangCruise/

Running a CAI and catback atm, saving up for some heftier mods but haven't decided what yet. Leaning toward a Procharger. Probably some LT's.

Karl Performance has a dyno setup, and I'm hoping they'll let me do a remote tune there.
Sponsored