Sponsored

MT82 owners, whats your current mileage and if any problems?

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
Hey all. Just curious on whats your current mileage and if any problems so far with your MT82. I know we don't have the best transmission out there but I'd like to know who has had good luck so far with it.
Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
2016 - 22k no real issues. When cold, shifts aren't as smooth as I'd like. Nothing new there.

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
2016 2,980 miles, no issues.. sorry its not a very large sample size, Michigan weather and roads are just bad for Mustangs.. weather I can sort of deal with but if they don't fix all the pot holes around here it may not get many more miles...

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
22k daily driver, only issues I see are some minor roughness from 4-5 when cold.
Still need to change out fluid, might help there.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT

I had no issues until the car was stolen in july (about 17-20k on it at the time)

just recently had the whole thing rebuilt -- started out with the shifting having a ton of slop (had to fight tooth and nail ) -- they replaced the spring assembly to return it back to center, then the whole shifter assembly, then 1st started popping out when the clutch was released -- had the synchros rebuilt, then 3rd started grinding everytime on cold start, then every time from 2nd to 3rd, but never 4th to 3rd. then 4th and 5th started grinding... then they finally heard me out and just rebuilt the whole trans instead of dropping it every other week.

Sponsored

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP

I had no issues until the car was stolen in july (about 17-20k on it at the time)
How was it stolen? I was under the impression that the keyfob makes it much harder to steal

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
long story short, I'm a dummy -- key fell out of shorts type of thing on 4th of july weekend in front of my house and some randoms came by and yoinked it.

[not to get off topic or hijack thread sorry in advance]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
42k, no issues. Replaced trans fluid with BG Syncroshift II at approximately 36k. Shifting is smoother with this fluid.

OP
OP

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
42k, no issues. Replaced trans fluid with BG Syncroshift II at approximately 36k. Shifting is smoother with this fluid.
I think youre the highest that i read so far with no issues. Nice. Do you granny it though? I guess it depends how people drive it, race it etc.

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
2015 with 4160 miles. On clutch #2. First one went with about 200 miles on it. 2nd went out with 4100 miles. First was most likely due to a bad test drive. The second, I figured was always doomed from the get go. Chattered like a be-itch and finally broke the springs on clutch disc. Dealership has not given me a hassle about it. Hopefully I'm good from here on out. If not, I'm trying an RST.

Other than that, shifts great, no clunks, no notchyness.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think youre the highest that i read so far with no issues. Nice. Do you granny it though? I guess it depends how people drive it, race it etc.
Not at all. I drive it pretty hard and have done autocross and track driving (no drag though) on top of daily driving.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
47,xxx miles...switched to Royal Purple at 30K Shifting feels weird in cold temperatures, before the fluid has a chance to heat up...a bit better with RP but not too different than stock.

I do have some high RPM rattle coming through the MGW...I've heard that's an early indicator of synchro wear/eventual failure brought on faster by the MGW's stiffer spring...haven't had it looked at...

Overall it's great, but as for the future...Big question mark.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Just above 20k miles. No issues besides the occasional "locked gate." If it happens, I take it back out of gear and try again.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
14,600. No issues at all. If the trans is cold, I would hope you aren't power shifting, either way lol.

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
50,000 miles on a 2015 trans behind an ecoboost w/ cobb stage 1

Zero issues. Just installed a Steeda short shifter, love how this thing feels.
Sponsored