So Dissapointed in Ford au

GTSALLY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fi
Vehicle(s)
gt convertible Magnetic ordered and hoping
we love our Convertible, a few alignment issues that ford Busselton are taking care off , we hope. on the last long weekend, here in wa on the 6th march, all sunday cleaning Sally, and for the first time put those crappy tonneau covers on ,as were taking friends for a drive and thought why not to make her look all spick and span. on the Tuesday after driving 200ish km, took them off as stopped somewhere that i wasnt prepared to leave her topless, and they had cut a nick in the roof material . i was devastated as i had done nothing wrong. took her straight to ford Busselton, with a please explain, they said obviously the mechanism was out of alignment and it would be covered under warranty as it had caused damage, they tried the tonneau covers and said look, see they caused the damage. i was told later that week, yes ford would repare the damage. called in today to check on a few things to be told ford au said i must have put the covers on wrong. FFS if they were on wrong they would have blown off and not caused damage!!!!!!!!!! and that the mechanism has no adjustments , and cant be set to high, so must be my fault . not a happy camper to say the least . grow some balls ford, i used what you supplied in the correct way, yet still it was faulty. Fix it.
Sponsored

FordAU

FordService
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Competition Orange
Hi GTSALLY, we saw your post and wanted to see how we could help. We spoke to Andrew at Geographe Ford about the concern you are having with your Mustang. We understand he will work with Ford Australia to rectify the concerns and have you back on the road. If you don't hear anything in the next few days, feel free to send us a PM. :) Thanks, ^LB :ford:

richardxr8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I haven't used the covers yet in almost 9K kms. Sing out if you need photos of unused, as delivered ones Fi. I'll check if mine have any plastic flash or sharp edges...
Im interested in how this turns out, in case I do use them (they do tidy up the appearance for car shows etc)
Good Luck !

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Ahhhhhh I so know that feeling of disappointment with Ford Au, not the same issue with my mustang as yours but still an issue (transmission overheating issue) which i have to settle for something that i did not want in the 1st place and now also a total disappointment with the Focus RS after 12 mnts wait also.

So after a long wait and changing the car for a later delivery date i have finally picked up my RS on Wednesday, Mrs has been driving the car for couple of days and said that she has fallen in love with it and prefers it more over the mustang. After experiencing some issues with the dealer which are not reflecting on the car i had a track day booked on Sunday and was looking forward to having some fun with the RS and seeing how good it is with reading and watching all the reviews.

Well i have to say is im a bit disappointed with all the hype that was made about the RS and it's development as it's not all that good. What i have experienced out on the track was a lot of under steer coming from the car, i think the rear end could do with a slight drop to start of and tighter springs with less sway or more power to rear end and I have also tried to run it in track mode with ESP turned on and off.

As for the cup2 tyres i had to drop to 32 psi hot on the front and 26 psi hot rear for tyres to start performing more on a neutral base and get some grip into them as they feel soft but not that much of sticky tyre. The stock standard PZero's that are on the mustang handle a lot better once they get some heat into them and being run at slightly higher pressures.

The Recaro seats could hug you a lot more as i had to lock myself with seat belt to stop me from sliding in the seat and the seating position could be much lower or adjustable via brackets and im only 5'10" tall.

The power is good smooth and linear with over-boost available and usable, the brakes feel good and solid with no fade what so ever even after 4 hard sessions. So after 400km on the clock and 1 track day if i was to buy the car again to drive it to the track and have fun with it based on the experience that i had, all the reviews that i have seen and read i can truly say that look else where and that it's over rated for what it is and it's more of a street warrior than a track warrior.

So if any one is wanting and prepared to do some track day with their RS i would strongly recommend you do some mods to the suspension and at least 4 point harness to keep you in place unless your slightly of a biggish built. With a bit of modification the car does have some potential, but just not straight out of the showroom floor.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Good luck Fi, I know how long you waited for Sally to arrive and how devastating this is. Hope Ford Au honour their promise to fix what should never have happened in the first place. I wont be using my in covers at all now.
Sponsored