Sponsored

MY18 order times

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
At the launch from memory they said they'd switch over in October so 2018 may be right.
I've just put down a deposit and was told mid 2018. Ford Australia did mention mid 18 in their response to the ancap thing too.
Dealer put 2017 price on the contract but did say that will probably change. Hope he has a short memory.
You might want to check into that a bit more, usually if you have paid a deposit and the price is set out in the contract they can't change it. Having said that check the fine print and pay attention to the estimated delivery date as a delay on that gives them some wriggle room. It's been a long time since I practiced any consumer law, but I'd be surprised if essential items like that have changed. Another critical piece of info will be what model they stipulated, I assume 2018.

Cheers,
Sponsored

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT manual MagneRide Recaros. Ordered
You're right, the contract does give them wriggle room as is but they couldn't write up a 2018 Mustang contract per se as they don't have correct model codes, option codes etc. (special conditions says model year 2018 Fastback GT manual, no E.T.A.) plus I know the guy well and just wanted my name towards the top of the list, deposit is small and fully refundable.
I was actually going to get a 17' until the ancap thing came out, the 2 star thing really doesn't phase me too much (although I'd prefer slightly better airbags tbh) it was more that at the time I thought maybe less would be ordered because of it and possibly free up the back log, (not so sure about that now). Plus I really like the 18' as I would've spent money on a stage 2 Roush/Tickford upgrade and the new model may be fine as is with power/exhaust upgrades, time will tell. 16 plus month wait will test my patience though. Let's hope they ramp up RHD production!
Thanks for the heads up though, it's a fair point.

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
I saw the video posted by The Fast Lane this morning that the redisigned headlights have something to do with the DRL to conform with international markets. Hopefully that means the 18s get them now.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
I saw the video posted by The Fast Lane this morning that the redisigned headlights have something to do with the DRL to conform with international markets. Hopefully that means the 18s get them now.

Same deal with the hood vents, also now on export models

Reactions: PKs

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Hood vents - in for Oz
tri-bar DRL - in for Oz
Digital dash - in for Oz

Nice - and with those optional forged 19's and Recaro's is the car I want - in orange.

Sponsored

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Wasnt told of a price increase he just said they may go up, and last time it went up it wasn't much.

Take that how you will lol
Thanks for that, will be talking to my dealer next week as I have still not decided if I should cancel and order the 2018.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Each to their own but there would be no way in hell I'd be waiting and then taking delivery of the MY17 while MY18 has all these updates, especially the GT. Sucks if you really need the car though and can't wait till mid 2018. I was in the same boat in mid 2015 and ended up getting a cheaper car until this waiting times calm down with the Mustang.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Have been looking at all the videos and photos and the changes are starting to grow on me, the new car just looks fresher and more modern and I am seriously considering changing my order to the 2018.

OP
OP

MustangScooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Manual, Lightning Blue
If it comes with hood vents and drls I feel like the decision was the right one

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Each to their own but there would be no way in hell I'd be waiting and then taking delivery of the MY17 while MY18 has all these updates, especially the GT. Sucks if you really need the car though and can't wait till mid 2018. I was in the same boat in mid 2015 and ended up getting a cheaper car until this waiting times calm down with the Mustang.
Gee, you would wonder about still waiting for a MY17, when the MY18 is just around the corner. Love that Virtual dash, hood vents, new wheels, quad exhaust and more power. Not sure about the 10speed auto or magneride. F1 cars only need 8gears. Can you lower with magneride? People will like the new look in time and in the flesh. In fact, it looks really good on some pictures with darker colors . This first model changeover for Mustang AUS will be very interesting to say the least. How many will cancel MY17orders or hold out for MY18? Will dealers start excessive discounting to keep volume up? I will say, that i have enjoyed my fortunate 1 year ownership so far. Massive smile factor:D! The amount of interest people have shown in it, particularly last year is incredible.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I've also heard September 2018.

Dealers here don't have any more information than what we've found out about it on the net.

The thing to keep in mind is that they didn't start the engineering of the RHD version of the S550 until after production of the LHD models had started.

Engineering of the RHD version of the MY18 will probably not be as extensive as required for the MY15/16 but I think September 2018 is realistic.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I've also heard September 2018.

Dealers here don't have any more information than what we've found out about it on the net.

The thing to keep in mind is that they didn't start the engineering of the RHD version of the S550 until after production of the LHD models had started.

Engineering of the RHD version of the MY18 will probably not be as extensive as required for the MY15/16 but I think September 2018 is realistic.
I don't think there is a lot, if any engineering required. Basically the same car, really. Most of the upgrade parts would fit either or. MY18 production will start midyear. So, if they start RHD a few months later, early 2018 delivery for AUS is very feasible. But then again, Ford works in mysterious ways:ford:. lol

FordAU

FordService
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Competition Orange
Hi guys,
just wanting to share my experience and see what others are being told.

I went into my ford dealer today to change my order from a MY17 to a MY18 (not everyone's cup of tea but I like em).

I was told September 2018?? now admittedly the salesman said "That's the worst case, and I would rather tell you a long date and it come in early"

Surely September 2018 is a ridiculous guess at a delivery time.

has anyone else ordered or changed order to a MY18? if so what sort of delivery dates have other people been told??

cheers
James
Hey Everyone,

Great to see the interest in the 2018 Mustang already! We're super excited for its arrival and the second half of 2018 can't come soon enough!

As a lot of you may be aware (and some have touched on in this thread) our Mustang allocations have significantly increased lately, which has seen a decrease in the waiting time from the previous 12-15+ months.
We're expecting to see the first MY18 Mustangs in the second half of 2018, but we have no dates set in stone as yet. As the MY18 has only been unveiled and not yet launched/released, there are specific details we won't have for some time.

It sounds like some Dealerships are taking pre-orders already, which is completely understandable as Dealers are now working on an allocation based system. The window to place an MY18 order has not opened up yet. The aim of Dealerships taking pre-orders now are to ensure that once the window opens for MY18 orders, the pre-orders that have currently been taken as expressions of interest with the aim to be the first batch placed through. The reason why the MY18 Mustang was unveiled now, is because with all the excitement that surrounds anything to do with the Mustang, Ford global wanted to unveil the vehicle for all markets at the same time. We can tell you internally here at Ford Australia that the only information that is circulating are the details of the global preview, the inclusion of Autonomous Emergency Braking and Lane Keeping Aid, and nothing else. We (except for a handful of execs and key Mustang people in FOA) know as much as you guys at this stage.

As usual, you are all more than welcome to Private Message us on here and Facebook, as well us sending a DM on Twitter.

Cheers, FordService^SB :ford:

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hey Everyone,

Great to see the interest in the 2018 Mustang already! We're super excited for its arrival and the second half of 2018 can't come soon enough!

As a lot of you may be aware (and some have touched on in this thread) our Mustang allocations have significantly increased lately, which has seen a decrease in the waiting time from the previous 12-15+ months.
We're expecting to see the first MY18 Mustangs in the second half of 2018, but we have no dates set in stone as yet. As the MY18 has only been unveiled and not yet launched/released, there are specific details we won't have for some time.

It sounds like some Dealerships are taking pre-orders already, which is completely understandable as Dealers are now working on an allocation based system. The window to place an MY18 order has not opened up yet. The aim of Dealerships taking pre-orders now are to ensure that once the window opens for MY18 orders, the pre-orders that have currently been taken as expressions of interest with the aim to be the first batch placed through. The reason why the MY18 Mustang was unveiled now, is because with all the excitement that surrounds anything to do with the Mustang, Ford global wanted to unveil the vehicle for all markets at the same time. We can tell you internally here at Ford Australia that the only information that is circulating are the details of the global preview, the inclusion of Autonomous Emergency Braking and Lane Keeping Aid, and nothing else. We (except for a handful of execs and key Mustang people in FOA) know as much as you guys at this stage.

As usual, you are all more than welcome to Private Message us on here and Facebook, as well us sending a DM on Twitter.

This makes me feel better about still waiting for a '17

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 (Ordered), FG XR6, Ford Territory
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for keeping us up to date!
Sponsored