Sponsored

2017/2018 Mach 1 Mustang Mule?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I know lol. And the mufflers look like 13/14 gt500 mufflers put on the rear of an s550. Who's to say that car doesn't have a 5.2 cpc supercharged motor under the hood?
No one, you make a good point.

You'd likely just see some form of heat extractor hood if they were testing a FI motor.

I think the quad tips are just indicating an active exhaust option for GT's (which would probably be standard on a Mach 1).
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
No one, you make a good point.

You'd likely just see some form of heat extractor hood if they were testing a FI motor.

I think the quad tips are just indicating an active exhaust option for GT's (which would probably be standard on a Mach 1).
For all we know this could just be a refreshed GT and testing the quad exhaust, new 10 speed and aluminum panels.

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
I think the aluminum is a good guess since the front fenders are already aluminum and the front, rear, and door skins all have the ZG8S0010 code on the side.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think the aluminum is a good guess since the front fenders are already aluminum and the front, rear, and door skins all have the ZG8S0010 code on the side.
Yep...I'm pretty sure that's what those are. I read something a few years ago when the S550 was coming out and they said they had already made the parts/molds but were saving them for the refresh/update. That should drop some nice weight from it. Price increase but not by much.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Yep...I'm pretty sure that's what those are. I read something a few years ago when the S550 was coming out and they said they had already made the parts/molds but were saving them for the refresh/update. That should drop some nice weight from it. Price increase but not by much.
Yeah, they said they did the trunk lid and doors in aluminum, it appears they are doing the quarter panels as well.

I don't think the price would jump by more than maybe $500..Ford has gone all in with aluminum with the F series, the more they buy..the cheaper it gets.

Weight loss wouldn't be dramatic, maybe about 50lbs total..however that would put a GT base at 3,655lbs (manual), 3,675lbs (automatic), 3,685lbs (GT PP) and so on and so forth.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yeah, they said they did the trunk lid and doors in aluminum, it appears they are doing the quarter panels as well.

I don't think the price would jump by more than maybe $500..Ford has gone all in with aluminum with the F series, the more they buy..the cheaper it gets.

Weight loss wouldn't be dramatic, maybe about 50lbs total..however that would put a GT base at 3,655lbs (manual), 3,675lbs (automatic), 3,685lbs (GT PP) and so on and so forth.
Yep that's what I'm thinking...about a $500 increase.

50LB though is 50 lbs right. :thumbsup: If they do something with that damn suitcase resonator you can save another 25 lbs there or more.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
If there's a new rear-end; wouldn't that mean either substantially increased power (over 530) or a whole new trans-drive shaft-rear end?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Do we know how much the 10-speed auto weighs yet? More/less than the current 6-speed?

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Maybe it's just a dual exhaust option being added to the PP, or by itself?

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
Are you sure the door skins are aluminum? I thought that the door skins were still steel. When I was putting exhaust on i had a little led light with magnets and placed it on the fender thinking it would stick and it didn't so I used the door. Idk?

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Yep that's what I'm thinking...about a $500 increase.

50LB though is 50 lbs right. :thumbsup: If they do something with that damn suitcase resonator you can save another 25 lbs there or more.
I think they'll be leaving that to the aftermarket since that would impact OEM noise requirements

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Are you sure the door skins are aluminum? I thought that the door skins were still steel. When I was putting exhaust on i had a little led light with magnets and placed it on the fender thinking it would stick and it didn't so I used the door. Idk?
They developed the aluminum door shells for the S550, they didn't put them into production.

Currently on the car the only aluminum components are the fenders and hood.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I love all the speculation.... all I see is a Euro spec GT with quad tip exhaust and a slightly butchered rear valance. The stance looks the same, there is no imediate visual evidence of any suspension changes. ....and who knows what the alphanumeric tape strips indicate. Keep it up though, this is entertaining.:thumbsup:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I love all the speculation.... all I see is a Euro spec GT with quad tip exhaust and a slightly butchered rear valance. The stance looks the same, there is no imediate visual evidence of any suspension changes. ....and who knows what the alphanumeric tape strips indicate. Keep it up though, this is entertaining.:thumbsup:

There was a time when automotive companies were a bit more "loose lipped" with information..not so much anymore.

There were "leaks" (maybe genuine leaks, maybe not) during the year leading up to the S550 launch that kept us furiously guessing. I remember how massive of a bombshell it was when the Ford parts book listing that showed "GT350" logos appeared.
Sponsored