Sponsored

Mach 1 in Forum title

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It wouldn't be a 10 speed DCT.

The 10 speed is a conventional hydraulic-electric unit co-developed with GM.

The DCT from the FGT is a 7 speed unit.
Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Not sure anyone knows for sure, but here's what Automotive News said last summer...

...For the 2018 model year, the standard-issue Mustang may get a new front fascia and a 10-speed automatic transmission. A source said Ford will offer a Mach 1 edition around the same time. The next major update would be due in 2019 or 2020.

Reference:
http://www.autonews.com/article/20150817/OEM04/308179987
I would like to think that 2018 at the earliest would make sense. Since the GT350 will be produced at least until 2017 maybe the GT350 will go away while introducing a GT500 type variant to take it's place. If you have something like a new GT500 the Mach 1 would make that nice "in between" model the way you had the Boss 302 between the GT and GT500 back in 2012-2013. Of course it's just a guess but I would love to enjoy my new Ruby Red GT/CS for a few years before I take a hit on the inevitable trade! :lol:

I sold my 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 to move up to the GT/CS but I would LOVE to have a new Mach 1 with some engine upgrades along with something like what they did to the current GT/CS. Here's hoping! :cheers:

70sstrat08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Depending on what they offer on the Mach 1 will determine my disappointment if it came out 2017. I wouldn't want something too different than the current GT (other then a better intake manifold, duel exhaust and air intake for a little more HP) but a Shaker Hood Scoop with a matte black hood stripe and spoiler, stainless steel pedals, bring in the 6MT TR-6060, and comfort weave seats, among other nice interior comforts and I would be quite pissed if I missed it.

If it ends up being some ecoboost travesty with a 10 speed DCT, then I would be relieved I didn't wait.
Based on the 2000's mach 1 formula a hopped up gt would make sense. Gt350 intake manifold and magnetic ride would be me guess.

Now I would literally jump for joy if was an ecoboost model. Give me an RS spec 2.3l with magride, sticky tires and some weight savings and I'd be all over that. [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Shouldn't it read GT500, GT350, Mach 1, GT, Ecoboost? It would make a lot more sense.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'd be happy with just a detuned version of the Voodoo motor in a dressed up GT PP body...at least since it seems there may not be a 50th anniversary Bullitt for 2018 :(

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Made me have buyers remorse for about a second...Then I realized I could barely afford the GT Premium.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I wonder what the price tag would be... 45k?
Depends what it's based on and the spec, but I'd imagine you're in the ballpark.

My ideal would be:

5.2 CPC V8 (475hp / 430lb/ft)
10-speed auto option
MagneRide suspension
Premium/Premier Trim (leather & suede with Mach 1 detailing)
20" 5 spoke wheels (influenced by the '04 Mach 1 design)
Dual (active) exhaust
Unique front/rear fascias

I'd be prepared to wait for the '18MY, if it comes with the facelift.

I'd pay $45k for that :ford:

Sponsored

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
I just don't get the need for this model. There's nothing that can exist between the GT and GT350 without stepping on BOTH of their toes.

Also, even if the V6 goes away for 2017 (which is doubtful), there would still be 4 Mustang models available with a Mach 1 thrown in (and that doesn't include your RTR, Shelby American, Saleen, and Roush variants). It's just too much for the market, imo.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I just don't get the need for this model. There's nothing that can exist between the GT and GT350 without stepping on BOTH of their toes.

Also, even if the V6 goes away for 2017 (which is doubtful), there would still be 4 Mustang models available with a Mach 1 thrown in (and that doesn't include your RTR, Shelby American, Saleen, and Roush variants). It's just too much for the market, imo.
The S197 had GT, Boss 302 and GT500 at the same time (as well as RTR/Shelby American/Saleen/Roush)......SN95 had GT, Mach1 and Termi at the same time, too.

GT can be anything from a relative bare bones stripper to a nicely equipped Premium car.......the Mach 1 would just add to that.

If it comes for the '17MY (probably unlikely, given we've seen very little to confirm it).....it could preview and engine/transmissions changes coming for the '18MY.......rather like the previous '04 Mach 1 did before the '05 S197 GT (albeit to a lesser degree).

Either way, I do believe there's space in the line-up

:)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Depends what it's based on and the spec, but I'd imagine you're in the ballpark.

My ideal would be:

5.2 CPC V8 (475hp / 430lb/ft)
10-speed auto option
MagneRide suspension
Premium/Premier Trim (leather & suede with Mach 1 detailing)
20" 5 spoke wheels (influenced by the '04 Mach 1 design)
Dual (active) exhaust
Unique front/rear fascias

I'd be prepared to wait for the '18MY, if it comes with the facelift.

I'd pay $45k for that :ford:
I think that's spot on for a Mach 1. While I don't think a shaker scoop works with this Mustang design, I would not mind seeing a hood styled with some reference to the old NACA ducts. I think there is functional (air pressure, heat venting) reason to include these.

On the engine side, I would enjoy even a little more on the low-end torque. That's what I loved about my former '03 Mach 1.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks Tony :)

I think, basically, I'm describing my ideal S550. Of course, the GT350 is a superb machine, but it's perhaps a little too hardcore for my tastes (of course, with a lottery win and multiple space in my dream garage, I'd have one!)......but if I could only have one S550, it'd be what I'd described above:)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
TT, your ideal S550 is not too far off mine, as acquiring a GT350 at sticker price and my configuration (white base with blue stripe option) has been a dubious adventure at best. Only difference on the Mach for me would be a manual transmission instead of an auto. That new auto would be quite a draw on a new Mach 1, just like the SN-95 version.

Here's to hoping you have a good representation of it!
Sponsored