Aussie Exhausts

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
Hi Everyone, I may have missed this on an earlier post but has anyone used an active cutout to manage the cold start noise with a cat back?
McGyver, have you considered bi modal?
I had the Varex XForce catback fitted today for this very reason- didn't want to piss off the neighbours with my early starts. Very happy with it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
McGyver, have you considered bi modal?
I had the Varex XForce catback fitted today for this very reason- didn't want to piss off the neighbours with my early starts. Very happy with it.
Sounds like what I am after. Where did you get it from and what did it cost? I am in Sydney so could use the same supplier.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
This is the exhaust I'm just about settled on - Stainless Works Retro-Chambered Cats back with H-pipe.

Just searching around for good pricing - so far Stainless Works themselves seem to have the best price.

[ame]

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
This is the exhaust I'm just about settled on - Stainless Works Retro-Chambered Cats back with H-pipe.

Just searching around for good pricing - so far Stainless Works themselves seem to have the best price.

this will do me too

sounds old school:headbang:

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Sounds very tough. Another one in the mix. But note there are no RHD headers (if this is important to people) sold for the system.

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Harrop Systems on Sale

Just got the newsletter from Harrop - apparently their exhaust systems for Mustang (amongst others) are on sale for the month of april - 15% off apparently.

I'm sorely tempted but I don't know anything about volume or drone etc for what will be a non track car daily driver. But given Harrop are who they are, for those interested in their products it might be worth the enquiry. No I'm not on a retainer in case anyone asks :)

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
Ok, one week into the Varex XForce system.
Quiet as a mouse when closed, and damn.. that downshift when she's open..
Not a good option for anyone trying to stay in Eco normal mode.

In sports + mode you get a bit of drone, but i really only noticed it when trying to hold a conversation.. I drove my dealer contact back to Garlicks in peak hour today and found it a little too loud for conversation in sports plus mode. Back in normal mode, no problem. It's that (gorgeous) downshift that has seen me constantly tapping her back into sport mode.

Yet to capture a really good video. I'll be at cars and coffee in Penrith this weekend and will try to get a bystander to film it. Let's just say it's tripled the thumbs up and waves in traffic. I even had a guy hanging out the driver window of his 70's series on Friday night as I downshifted on the harbour bridge- he was screaming and yahooing. Insane!
Best money spent on her yet.

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
First vid, open vs. closed. A little muffled.

Capturing the man as he snaffled the keys from me. Didn't really give it much spurt, but it gives an idea of 'the volume under 'normal' driving conditions.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
What are the options with quad tipped exhausts for the GT? I really love the GT350 look but there don't seem to be many quad tip systems and they're all $$$$$. MBRP would be my next choice with black tips as they make the tips disappear somewhat.

Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Roush do an axle back quad with rear valance/bar which can be bought and delivered to Aus for about $2200.

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
What are the options with quad tipped exhausts for the GT? I really love the GT350 look but there don't seem to be many quad tip systems and they're all $$$$$. MBRP would be my next choice with black tips as they make the tips disappear somewhat.
Our Streetfighter quad tip option is available as below.
Streetfighter utilise the Roush valance to accommodate the extra tip as pictured below.
All Streetfighter exhaust systems also include a 3 Year Factory Warranty Protection
Pricing on website.
http://streetfighter.net.au/mustang/products-upgrades/mustang-2016-gt-v8/exhaust-packages/

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
First vid, open vs. closed. A little muffled.

Capturing the man as he snaffled the keys from me. Didn't really give it much spurt, but it gives an idea of 'the volume under 'normal' driving conditions.
This looks to be the solution I am looking for. Any chance I can come and experience it live before I commit? I would really like to hear it from within the car under both extreme modes.

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
has anyone installed the Harrod pro series cat back system? and if anyone has I am keen to hear it first hand if possible

cheers

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean Herrod or Harrop? If you mean Harrop I'd be keen as well. I did get some feedback from a forum member regarding Harrop a while ago (a GT vert) and he was very impressed.
Sponsored