Sponsored

Bridgestone Potenza S001 .. reviews using this tyre on Mustangs?

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Hi.. Thinking of using these tyres... 255/35R20 front and 275/35R20 rears.
The prices for these are very good at present....they are a better price than Michelin Super Sports. I have Potenza directional tyres on another car and have over 50K with still plenty of tread left.
Comments please if anyone has these on a Mustang and how they seem to perform, wet and dry and road noise?
Sponsored

Last edited:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
1 would be interested in comments too.
I used only Bridgestones on the 3 Monaros I had before the Mustang and am seriously considering going back to Bridgestones when the pirellis give out

fordtj69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 and 2016 & 2017 fastbacks
can't bet bridgestones looking at replacing the Pirelli's on the comp orange with S001 put RE11 on the new grabber their great
cheers tim

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
What's wrong with the pirellis that come with it?

OP
OP

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Upgading wheels to 20 inch and need tyres to match. Pirelli general consensus does not seem very good, both in wet and tyre life.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
They are like bricks in the wet and cold, they are fine in the hotter weather after you heat them up. I removed them as soon as I could, but other people are happy, depends what you look for in a tyre.

I went with MPSS after I changed rims, these are much improved

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Re the P-Zero-es: As long as you drive like a normal person in the wet and the cold, you'll be fine. Also you don't need too much effort to have fun ;)

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Re the P-Zero-es: As long as you drive like a normal person in the wet and the cold, you'll be fine. Also you don't need too much effort to have fun ;)
Bugger. I might need to get replacements for mine when she arrives.

Apparently I drive like a full on retard. Or so I have been told. :headbang::headbang:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Bugger. I might need to get replacements for mine when she arrives.

Apparently I drive like a full on retard. Or so I have been told. :headbang::headbang:

[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] how did you like the p-zeros? I reckon you guys might get on

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] how did you like the p-zeros? I reckon you guys might get on
:lol: Seriously, I don't even know how you're supposed to get 10k out of a set of rears on this car.
Pretty sure that's not even a thing. :crazy:
The P zero offers good grip when it's hot and awesome fun when it's cold, that's all I'm saying.:ninja:
If nothing else, it's a fairly predictable tyre, you can get good slip angles out of it and "know" what's going to happen next, no real surprises.
Mine were delaminating before 6k, so YMMV:shrug:

Sponsored

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
:lol: Seriously, I don't even know how you're supposed to get 10k out of a set of rears on this car.
Pretty sure that's not even a thing. :crazy:
The P zero offers good grip when it's hot and awesome fun when it's cold, that's all I'm saying.:ninja:
If nothing else, it's a fairly predictable tyre, you can get good slip angles out of it and "know" what's going to happen next, no real surprises.
Mine were delaminating before 6k, so YMMV:shrug:
That's priceless mate , definitely awesome fun in the cold . My mate the other nite got some mad ass drift thing going through the roundabout ! Predictable, most definitely !!:clap2:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
These P-Zero's are probably, no, correction they are the worst performance tyres in the wet I have ever come across. Fine in the dry when warm as mentioned earlier, but you don't have to be driving like a looney in the wet to get the beegeeses scared out of you. I went round a corner going downhill on a 4 lane (2 lanes each way) main road at about 70/80k's and the tail went out over a rough section, when everyone around me seemed OK, I caught it instantly but it spiked the heart rate a tad!

It may just be combo of the poor wet performance plus the weight of the car for me as it is the heaviest car I have driven.

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Bridgestone S001 on a Mustang :)

Hi.. Thinking of using these tyres... 255/35R20 front and 275/35R20 rears.
The prices for these are very good at present....they are a better price than Michelin Super Sports. I have Potenza directional tyres on another car and have over 50K with still plenty of tread left.
Comments please if anyone has these on a Mustang and how they seem to perform, wet and dry and road noise?
Hi, I've used Bridgestone Potenzas on my Mustang for 3000km, including at the track. I would recommend them to others.

My sizes
Front - 275 / 30 / 20 on 20x10 wheel
Rear - 295 / 30 / 20 on 20x12 wheel (this resulted in lots of stretch, I would recommend using this size on a 20x11 wheel)

Impressions
They have better all-round performance than the stock Pirellis

In my short experience the Pirellis have average traction when cold, but actually good traction when properly heated up (eg on track).

In summary, Bridgestone S001
Good cold performance & braking
Moderate to good road noise
Good wet performance
Excellent dry performance, excellent feedback around corners and good stability under hard braking.

Photos for evidence :)
FB_IMG_1478171747623.jpg
FB_IMG_1480518601105.jpg
received_10154882574159245.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, I've used Bridgestone Potenzas on my Mustang for 3000km, including at the track. I would recommend them to others.

My sizes
Front - 275 / 30 / 20 on 20x10 wheel
Rear - 295 / 30 / 20 on 20x12 wheel (this resulted in lots of stretch, I would recommend using this size on a 20x11 wheel)

Impressions
They have better all-round performance than the stock Pirellis

In my short experience the Pirellis have average traction when cold, but actually good traction when properly heated up (eg on track).

In summary, Bridgestone S001
Good cold performance & braking
Moderate to good road noise
Good wet performance
Excellent dry performance, excellent feedback around corners and good stability under hard breaking.

Hi Thanks for your comments...that the info I was after...seems everyone else talks about Pirelli's instead. :shrug:
Can I ask what made you choose /30's and not /35's ? :cheers:

Shevs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT Manual Race Red

attachment.jpg
So from this photo you are implying that this is more of a heavy right foot issue than a tyre grip issue? :lol::D
Sponsored