Sponsored

Official Performance Pack Level 2

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
So basically it seems the PP2 package is nearly everything you get with a 350 sans the engine and a few other bits. The rim size is exactly what is on my GT350. With springs, spoilers, and mag ride, I will say now that the 18 PP2 will keep up with if not surpass the CURRENT 1LE. It will be interesting for sure.

For those who wanted the performance, there you have it.
Yea the PP2 is looking great now. The only 'disappointment', if you can call it that, is that it doesn't have the gt350's amazing brakes. On that note I'd assume the PP1 brakes that this has, are carryover's from the current PP?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If the Recaros are not included, they'll push the price for a 301A, active exhaust, PP2, Recaros to $~47k.

What color is the car in the original post? Race red?

Customers who opt for Performance Pack Level 2 have a unique opportunity to select Recaro® seats in either leather or cloth to help stay firmly planted while cornering.
The verbiage is a bit vague, but to me it sounds like they are included and people just select cloth/leather depending on the trim.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm surprised how fast they are passing BOSS and GT350 performance now.

The Mach1 was 2nd only to the Terminator until the 5.0 came out. That was about 6-7yrs? The v3 4.6 was close but weight + a bit less top end flow made it stay just behind it.

The BOSS 302 and GT350 seem to have been passed 1-2yrs later after their release. It's starting to make those cars feel less "special" when their performance is so quickly over taken by a lower priced GT with a package option on it.

Same issue with the King Of Road GT500. Like the next year, or year after ALL the parts that made the KOR GT500 special were suddenly standard.

It's really starting to feel that the top end Mustangs are just "next revisions performance, now". They didn't used to be like that.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
"they had trimmed about 3.5-seconds off the best lap time of the level 1 performance pack at Grattan, a significant improvement at a circuit where a typical lap time is about 90 seconds especially considering that the powertrain is unchanged. All told the car now has about 40% more grip and the skidpad lateral acceleration has increased from 0.97g to about 1.05g."

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
"they had trimmed about 3.5-seconds off the best lap time of the level 1 performance pack at Grattan, a significant improvement at a circuit where a typical lap time is about 90 seconds especially considering that the powertrain is unchanged. All told the car now has about 40% more grip and the skidpad lateral acceleration has increased from 0.97g to about 1.05g."
I think 1.05g is the same as the 1LE, so it may be going head to head with it.

I wonder how this impacts the sub 4sec 0-60.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I think 1.05g is the same as the 1LE, so it may be going head to head with it.

I wonder how this impacts the sub 4sec 0-60.
Cup 2 should improve it, better 60ft with those tyres, guess it depends if those wider wheels are heavier or not.

Ah it won't do sub 60 actually as PP2 is manual only.

Only the A10 car can do 60 in sub 4s, the manuals are much slower, infact way slower!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Cup 2 should improve it, better 60ft with those tyres, guess it depends if those wider wheels are heavier or not.

Ah it won't do sub 60 actually as PP2 is manual only.

Only the A10 car can do 60 in sub 4s, the manuals are much slower, infact way slower!
Ah yes, I totally forgot about the Auto being a requirement for that.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Yo dawg, I hurd you like splitters so we put a splitter on yo splitter so you can downforce while you downforce
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that! I'm not sure why they didn't just design a single splitter that was more aggressive than the PP1 splitter!

JR

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If the Recaros are not included, they'll push the price for a 301A, active exhaust, PP2, Recaros to $~47k.

The verbiage is a bit vague, but to me it sounds like they are included and people just select cloth/leather depending on the trim.
The verbiage is vague. They might be saying that with PP1 you can only get leather Recaro's as an option. But with PP2 you can option with either cloth or leather Recaro's. Could be wrong, but I don't see anywhere in the release where they say they are part of what is included in PP2.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The verbiage is vague. They might be saying that with PP1 you can only get leather Recaro's as an option. But with PP2 you can option with either cloth or leather Recaro's. Could be wrong, but I don't see anywhere in the release where they say they are part of what is included in PP2.
It's vague, but I think they are included, with the option of leather or cloth. Who knows if the leather will be an added cost.

JR

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
OK all MY18 GT get the fangs, it just seems in these photos they are more pronounced, so either photoshop work or the PP2 has a satin upper grill instead of gloss.

Either way the grill would look better done in satin black compared to gloss, as you can see the grill detail more then.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
As I recall the latest order guide shows PP2 as an option with 301A or 401A. For whatever that may be worth given the incorrect wheel width info. The pictures are a 401A based on the digital instrument panel.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:cheers:
FURY.jpg

LindsayEOD

Threads