Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
if you gonna spend $6500 more on a car approaching $50k, might as well buy a used 16-17 gt-350 which will still outperform this level 2 package....
Unless you just want a GT with the PP2. The big thing with the PP2 is it is a check the box package.

We all love to talk about the great deals you can get on a Mustang in the Mustang vs Camaro discussion. What make you think that you will not be able to get a great deal on a PP2 car in the Future. While I think I would still swing for a GT350. In 12 months time a 18' PP2 might be very tempting.

We have no idea how a 18' PP2 will fare against a GT350. I think the GT350 will the have the advantage in space and time, specifically over multiple laps. I think the Gt350 has this advantage over the Camaro as well with the power band.

However for a motor trend H2H style comparison the 18' PP2 may be very close if not faster than the GT350.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
A 1/2" lower.. ground clearance watch out for bad roads...
spit spoiler (piece of plastic) wow wee
Slight suspension adjustment
373 rear better out of hole but 10 speed auto faster anyway
Still 5.0 460 hp not 5.2 526hp
I like the look of rims and fat tires . But then again watch out for on roads 19 rims
I think save you money. Want a track car get the Shelby . GT PERFORMANCE 1 with leather comfortable power seats.
What ??!! :doh:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm already seeing dealers around me with 2,250 listed off on 2018 GT's with PP1, and that's not counting the extra $500 Ford gives.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you just want a GT with the PP2. The big thing with the PP2 is it is a check the box package.

We all love to talk about the great deals you can get on a Mustang in the Mustang vs Camaro discussion. What make you think that you will not be able to get a great deal on a PP2 car in the Future. While I think I would still swing for a GT350. In 12 months time a 18' PP2 might be very tempting.
I'm sure if you only opt for the pp2 then yeah you can good deal but i don't want to settle for that package and be done, I want more. I'd rather get the gt-350 because it will hold its value over time.... the pp2 car will lose its value quickly..

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I'm sure if you only opt for the pp2 then yeah you can good deal but i don't want to settle for that package and be done, I want more. I'd rather get the gt-350 because it will hold its value over time.... the pp2 car will lose its value quickly..
It will most certainly loose value, but you can definitely get into it cheaper than a GT350.

Alot of people including some in Ford Performance prefer to coyote over the voodoo. It really comes down to what you want, and what you want to do with it.

The PP2 really gives Mustang buyers alot of performance for the money, and gets the Mustang competitive again in the automotive media with the Camaro.

The GT350 has been carrying the banner very well, but it's production time is coming to an end.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It will most certainly loose value, but you can definitely get into it cheaper than a GT350.

Alot of people including some in Ford Performance prefer to coyote over the voodoo. It really comes down to what you want, and what you want to do with it.

The PP2 really gives Mustang buyers alot of performance for the money, and gets the Mustang competitive again in the automotive media with the Camaro.

The GT350 has been carrying the banner very well, but it's production time is coming to an end.
The 5.0 will also be cheaper to get parts for, and to fix, and later down the road will be easier to find replacement parts for.

The GT350 may resale higher, but its very possible that in the life of the car you loose that much on just how much it would cost to keep it running, or modify. More so if you daily it. A used GT350 is already in the 48-49K range with under 15K on it.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has there even been an GT350 to SS 1LE comparison?
Page 98 of thread entitled: GT350 vs 2017 ZL1

I know that is not the comparison you are looking for, but it has the screenshot below of a comparison that includes the GT350R to the 1SS LE.

Here is the link to the info - http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs

Page down to 19 and 20.

Take it with a grain of salt as the drivers for GT350R and Camaro 1SS LE aren't listed, but there are others right in the same neighborhood like the Z28 driven by Randy Pobst that make it seem that it is at least they are in the right range. I believe it is known that the 1LE is faster than the Z28.
MT Times.png

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I find it interesting the SS 1LE was faster than the Z/28

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I just like the performance. The GT350 is a poor value compared to GT PP2 for me. I don't care about leather (non-AC leather in SC is hell). I can get that PP2 for over $10k less than a used and possibly beat GT350. Also, insurance will be cheaper.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I find it interesting the SS 1LE was faster than the Z/28
Likely different drivers and different days. That is why mag times and random "fastest" track times are not the most accurate data points. I have done fleet testing on test tracks. Even testing in morning vs afternoon makes a world of difference.

Last edited:

Camaro1969

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Exactly ..Now That PP2 big secret is out and I'm personally disappointed in the Hype ..

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Exactly ..Now That PP2 big secret is out and I'm personally disappointed in the Hype ..
Why? They hype was that it would bring it in line with the SS 1LE and it has.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Why? They hype was that it would bring it in line with the SS 1LE and it has.
Smh... sometimes I feel like most of you have never used the internet before.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
With all this Hype for the 2018 mustang, i want one very very important thing from Ford! The way they tested the 2015 mustang gt against the Boss 302, i want them to test and tune the 2018 GT PP2 against a 1LE Camaro! This might be a small step for Ford but a huuuuuge step for Humanity! Please Ford, don’t push these cars out without proper testing and tuning!
Sponsored