Sponsored

Lethal Performance EXCLUSIVE RELEASE: Whipple Gen 3 Blower!

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Would be interesting to see this paired with the new 150mm TB. The TB alone has been shown to add 30-50whp on the standard blower so add 50ish from the new head unit and now you are looking at 800ishwhp on 93 octane. THEORETICALLY anyway.
800 rwhp on 93 better skip the blower and save up for a motor.:lol:
Sponsored

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Guess someone needs to start up a thread for selling the Gen2 units.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's not horrible, but it will ultimately depend on what you can get back for your current Compressor. You basically sell your current Compressor, then buy the Gen3 upgrade for $3900 which bolts up to the rest of your kit.
3900 for a possible 30 HP?

Ill pass.......

I think its great Whipple is always offering upgrades and improvements
Thanks guy's but you cant sell an old unit unless its a complete kit
so us Gen2 folks have just been made obsolete

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550

Ill pass.......

Lethal, as well as Whipple and i'd assume more will, offers the complete Stage 1 or Stage 2 kit, all parts included, minus the blower. If someone wanted to buy that new for $3600, then a used blower, they'd save quite a bit of money. That $3900 upgrade cost would be offset by whatever amount you sold that Gen2 unit for. So if you sell it for $2500, buy the new for $3900, it's not that bad.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance

Ill pass.......

The option if there is someone wants to take it, so you are not necessarily obsolete. It's to early to say how the market will be on used Gen2 kits, but I definitely think something will be there. I understand how it pulling off the Gen2 unit and trying to get it sold and shipped can be an inconvenience though.

Also, everyone keeps mentioning 30HP like that is all you'll see. Possibly on the most bare bones Gen2 car upgrading to the Gen3, but even with the Graph Whipple provided they saw a difference of 52HP with their test car. It was Stage 2 gen 2 vs gen 3, 93 octane, stock exhaust, and 3.625" pulley. People will be ordering the upgrade, and more information will be released, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Matt

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I realize his is not a for sale thread but if I were to make one soon it would be something like this

2,000 miles old, powder coated red = $2,500

I am sorry to derail this thread, feel free to PM me directly

Now back to the thread topic :)
Going turbo. :D

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I love it when new versions come out it makes my number 1 rule in buying car parts even better!!

Thou shall NEVER pay full price for car parts!

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
If a member buys a used Whipple Stage 2 Head Unit,what would be the cost of the rest of the complete install Whipple Kit?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Tough to say right now, but I think there will certainly be a market for it. It will ultimately come down to how much money someone wants for their Blower, but lets just say you sell it for $2,000. That means by purchasing the Gen2 used, and then buying the parts kit from Whipple, your into a kit for $5,500.00. A brand new Stage 1 kit would be $7,595.00. So it would be appealing for both parties involved.
If a member buys a used Whipple Stage 2 Head Unit,what would be the cost of the rest of the complete install Whipple Kit?
Post 27

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Its nice that the IAT's are dropped a bit also. How did they come up with the 10-80 degree difference ? Under what circumstances was it 10 vs 80 ?

Did I read that right also ? Only 200 bucks if you are ordering a complete kit ? so basically if the kit was 8k then 8.2k ? That's really nice for us guys who do not have anything on the car yet.

Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
WK-2620S1-PARTS = 2015+ Stage 1 complete parts box **SUPERCHARGER NOT INCLUDED** $3695 retail

WK-2620S2-PARTS = 2015+ Stage 2 complete parts box **SUPERCHARGER NOT INCLUDED** $4495 retail

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I have to ask because i dont get it why people dont use the bigger whipple side inlet blowers like what the S197s used.

Not enough clearance?

Clearance be damned id cut up a hood or add a cowl for the bigger 4.0/4.5 blowers.

2nd do the bigger blowers use the same locations to bolt the blower down as the 2.9?

I know on the s197 multiple blowers fit the same lower intake manifold.

So could one buy either of the kits listed above and buy the bigger blowers separate

Sorry if its been addressed elsewhere i havnt seen a single S550 using a bigger whipple than the 2.9

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I have to ask because i dont get it why people dont use the bigger whipple side inlet blowers like what the S197s used.

Not enough clearance?

Clearance be damned id cut up a hood or add a cowl for the bigger 4.0/4.5 blowers.

2nd do the bigger blowers use the same locations to bolt the blower down as the 2.9?

I know on the s197 multiple blowers fit the same lower intake manifold.

So could one buy either of the kits listed above and buy the bigger blowers separate

Sorry if its been addressed elsewhere i havnt seen a single S550 using a bigger whipple than the 2.9

The Whipple kit was redesigned to the front feed for the 2015 and 11-14 cars for several reasons. One being the lower portion of the older rear inlet kit was made by someone else. The top portion was always Whipple. When designing the 15+ kits Whipple took it upon themselves to design an entirely new setup that would not only use their upper but the lower and rest of the components as well. They then adapted that technology to fit the front feed setup on the 11-14 cars as well. Going to the front feed allowed them to make a better manifold system and intercooler. Cooler temps, less restriction took the front feed design to another level over the previous design. In addition it removed the need for any machining of the front timing cover that the Roush/TVS still rely on.

As far as the fitment of the larger head unit to manifold goes I'll let Dustin answer that. He would know better then I do.

I personally haven't seen an S550 use a blower larger than their 2.9L. Not sure if it's in the works or not but I can find out. However if you look at the CJ's and other quick 2015+ Whipple cars out there they're going wicked fast with the 2.9L already so I don't know if it's necessarily needed to go larger at this stage or not.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
At the risk of getting a hand-slap for being off-topic.........is there anything in R&D for the '17 6.2 for Super Duty trucks?
Sponsored