Sponsored

Rear View Mirror wiring

scrawshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I installed a Blendmount Mirror Tap for my radar detector and found a multicolor ground wire and a multicolor power wire on the harness that goes into the back of the mirror (on the drivers side of the plug), but when I put the car in reverse, the power is cut to the radar detector. Probably has something to do with not wanting an auto-dimming mirror dimming when you are going in reverse, but I don't know what the 2 other wires going to the mirror (both solid grey) do and if they might stay hot even when in reverse. It is kind of a pain to test those grey wires. It is only a slight pain to have the detector turn off when you go in reverse. Anyone have any thoughts about the grey wires?
Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I installed a Blendmount Mirror Tap for my radar detector and found a multicolor ground wire and a multicolor power wire on the harness that goes into the back of the mirror (on the drivers side of the plug), but when I put the car in reverse, the power is cut to the radar detector. Probably has something to do with not wanting an auto-dimming mirror dimming when you are going in reverse, but I don't know what the 2 other wires going to the mirror (both solid grey) do and if they might stay hot even when in reverse. It is kind of a pain to test those grey wires. It is only a slight pain to have the detector turn off when you go in reverse. Anyone have any thoughts about the grey wires?
This works:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=396381&postcount=38

OP
OP

scrawshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks, but I too have an 8x2 plug, so moving the ground wire from top right where it is now, to the middle of the bottom row blindly would not be a good idea. I may just have to test the other 2 wires (the grey ones) to see if they are a ground or are hot and see what they do with the ignition on/off and the shifter in Rev/1st.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Um, okay. Just saying with my V1 and the other guys that tested the pins, it works and stays on in reverse.

OP
OP

scrawshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for pointing this thread out to me! For some reason, I couldn't find it. I just read the whole thread and found that someone else with the PP and the 50th anniversary package (that is what I have, in addition to it being a Premium with Subwoofer/BLIS/Memory Seats and Nav) also found that either ground wire position turn off when in reverse. Unless someone figures out something that works for the options I have, I guess I'll just have to spend more time with the multimeter or put up with the reverse issue.

Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for pointing this thread out to me! For some reason, I couldn't find it. I just read the whole thread and found that someone else with the PP and the 50th anniversary package (that is what I have, in addition to it being a Premium with Subwoofer/BLIS/Memory Seats and Nav) also found that either ground wire position turn off when in reverse. Unless someone figures out something that works for the options I have, I guess I'll just have to spend more time with the multimeter or put up with the reverse issue.
My car is like yours. GT Premium, PP, 50 AP, 401A, and Nav. No ACC on my car. Works perfect with the lower middle ground. Try it, or don't...