T-Top Conversion

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Providing that this car comes in a convertible, the windshield, roof and fastback portion should be able be modified into a targa-top. Anyone aftermarket companies interested?
Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Anybody know of an OEM quality body modification shop that could put in custom T-Tops? I've always wanted a car with T-Tops since I was a kid, but nobody really makes them any more.
Why would anyone in their right mind want to hack the roof of a car apart so they can destroy the crash rating of the car and bring back the sad 70's.

( jimmy jimmy likes to point out stuff other people do that he don't like, so I thought I'd try the same here )

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Why would anyone in their right mind want to hack the roof of a car apart so they can destroy the crash rating of the car

The same people that don't want to grind a little material out of the k brace on the few cars that have them for a blower install (you know, cause it might affect rigidity). Lol. Couldn't resist.

Sponsored

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
Always wanted a t top fox lol

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I love my t top 83 GT

Maybe you could get a photo-chop in that section. ;)

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Right, except I don't really want a targa top; I'd really like t-tops. A lot of nice memories of being in high school and sitting in the pool hall parking lot on top of a Camaro's t-tops and smoking clove cigarettes and bullshitting all night and being happy. You know?
A Targa top is a T top just no middle support because it's not necessary. If your saying that middle bar is super important then well....good luck

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Take a shoe box with the lid off put one hand on each end and twist. That is your convertible or T top car. Now put the lid on and tape it where lid over laps the box. That is your coupe. We aren't talking 10 or 20 percent that is a 100 or 200 percent increase in torsional stiffness.

Sponsored

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
My 1977 Corvette has a T-Top. I almost never take it off. They don't have an actual trunk so if I want to go somewhere and want to put the tops back on, it's a hassle. T-Tops are great if you just want to cruise, but if you need to go in somewhere, who knows what you might find in your seats with it being exposed.

Carbon Driven

Carbon Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarbonDriven.com
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP Ruby Red
Its your car to do with as you please. If its a show car than its even better to be unique and stand out if thats what you are looking for.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Take a shoe box with the lid off put one hand on each end and twist. That is your convertible or T top car. Now put the lid on and tape it where lid over laps the box. That is your coupe. We aren't talking 10 or 20 percent that is a 100 or 200 percent increase in torsional stiffness.

So your saying the mustang convertible looses 100% stiffness over the fastback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

This is a picture of my 89 Shelby Daytona with T-Tops. American Sunroof Co. did this conversion for Dodge. It consisted of cutting the entire center of the roof out and replacing it with a cast aluminum frame that tied the windshield and rear section of the roof together. The Daytona also had a full frame around the windows that was cut off and replaced with pieces attached to the remaining door frame. Had this car for 14 years and never had any issues with leaks or creaks/rattles.
Sponsored