Sponsored

2015 Mustang will have to contend with new 420hp Twin Turbo V6 by GM

TradeStepan

Looks like GM has thrown down gauntlet. At least we know what kind of twin turbo V6 engine the next Mustang will be dealing with. Only announced for 2014 CTS so far but it'll for sure be put in the next Camaro if not this current one.

Gotta admit, those are impressive figures. I'm excited to see how Ford steps up to the plate agianst this

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/red...cts-snarls-with-new-420-hp-twin-turbo-v6.html

Just the Facts:
  • The 2014 Cadillac CTS will launch later this year with an all-new, twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6.
  • The new V6 is unexpectedly stout, developing 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque.
  • The new-generation 2014 CTS also will offer a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and the current CTS's 3.6-liter V6.
Sponsored

OP
OP

KZStang

Wow, impressive numbers for sure. The bar has definitely been raised. Curious how Ford will respond.. still early enough to change the engine lineup for the s550? Let's get that ecoboost coyote in there and shut them up for good! :first:

OP
OP

NRMStand

Those are solid numbers. C&D seems to think it may be in the new Camaro at NYIAS, but have we seen any spy pics or other info to confirm?

OP
OP

Mach1

I really doubt this, especially at 420hp.

What are the chances we see a 3.5L EcoBoost v6 in a Mustang? Pretty slim right?

OP
OP

OKCfan

What are the chances we see a 3.5L EcoBoost v6 in a Mustang? Pretty slim right?
I don't think it'll happen personally. But I wonder if this will change up Ford's engine lineup plans for the S550 Mustang. :shrug:

What camaro model will that new TT V6 go into tho? No way a standard Camaro will get 420hp so that means the SS will get both a TT V6 and a V8 option? Seems unlikely too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hawkeye

IF the new camaro does get this engine, it will only stoke Ford on to start showing some power increases in the 3.5 Eco. Ford has said that it is capable of 400hp with this engine, although in most trims now it outputs 365hp. That's only b/c it is currently in the Taurus, Explorer and Flex... all FWD so they can't handle that kind of torque.

I think the Mustang is the obvious choice (and possibly RWD Lincoln coupe in the future), especially if its direct competitor is going to be fitted with a TT v6 presumably a year before the next Stang would debut.

OP
OP

groundnpounder

The Camaro crazies at Camaro5 were speculating about a test mule that was spotted recently, but they were thinking that it was a prototype testing the LS7 engine (same 505hp engine as in current Z06 Corvette)

Here's the pics and thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274310

And here's their thread speculating whether this CTS engine will be in the refreshed Camaro - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283530

It'll be interesting to see next week when they show the refreshed Camaro whether it has either the LS7 engine or this new 420hp turbo V6...

OP
OP

Krishna

It'll be interesting to see next week when they show the refreshed Camaro whether it has either the LS7 engine or this new 420hp turbo V6...
I'm thinking neither.. this was supposed to be a mild refresh no?

OP
OP

Ricky35

Sounds like the next ATS-V engine. Getting sick of Camaros getting the spotlight.

Time for Ford to unleash a 2015 concept! :hail::clap2::eyebulge::love:

OP
OP

groundnpounder

Teaser for the refreshed Camaro just posted by Chevrolet. Seems like a pretty big change to the grille area

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mach1

I already thought the grille piece was too thin, now it looks even worse in my opinion. The chrome upper lip is nice though.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Full unveiling next Wed. the 27th... :popcorn:

teaser vs. current

OP
OP

JackHoya

That aint no teaser, they're showing the only changes! :D

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
But only a snippet of the changes.... hence teased. :D

OP
OP

KZStang

But only a snippet of the changes.... hence teased. :D
Unfortunately, true :p

Chevy says it will be the biggest change yet for the 5th gen but I'm thinking it'll be mostly cosmetic. I think they save that TT v6 for next gen.
Sponsored