Sponsored

Roush Cold Air Intakes !

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Hey guys, so thankfully it looks like we will be able to get our 2015 cold air intakes out much sooner than our original plan of late summer/early fall. I'll post the blog that was just released below. I'll keep everyone posted once i have a solid date and pricing.

"

A cold air intake is arguably the most common bolt-on modification across the board. It’s rare to come across even a lightly-modified Mustang that hasn’t had one installed (except maybe in California). So what’s the hype? Why is it one of the first modifications that Mustang owners choose to purchase and install? The answer is simple – it’s the first step to unlocking untapped potential regardless of the power plant under your hood. They’re also reasonably priced and super easy to install. And now, with ROUSH’s new line-up of Cold Air Intake Kits for the 2015 Ford Mustang, you have an even better reason to add one to your list of modifications.
Just recently, we put each of our 2015 Ford Mustang Cold Air Intakes to the test on our dynamometer and we have the resulting real-world horsepower and torque increase numbers for you! Mustangs equipped with the 5.0L power plant saw gains of 10.4 horsepower and 8.54 lb-ft of torque, while the V6’s power output increased by 10.52 horsepower and 9.8 lb-ft of torque. Finally, the Mustang’s EcoBoost four-cylinder engine saw incredible power gains of up to 29.6 horsepower and 27.89 lb-ft of torque.

So how do Cold Air Intakes work? Cold air is denser than warm air – molecules are closer together in cold air, meaning there is more oxygen in a specific unit of cold air than there is in the same unit of warm air. To be clear, it’s oxygen that your engine needs to burn fuel efficiently, not air. In turn, greater cold airflow unlocks a higher potential for power and fuel efficiency. Think of it this way – when you walk outside in cool weather, it’s easy to take a deep breath of air, but when you walk outside on a hot day, the air feels thicker and it might seem to be more difficult to take a deep breath. Your engine breathes in much the same way as you and I do.

That being said, ROUSH Performance’s Cold Air Kits help your 2015 Mustang breathe better – whether you opted for an EcoBoost, V6, or V8. For the first time, these kits utilize something called ROUSH “Dry” Filter technology. The reusable filters are built and proven to retain their shape under high airflow, and are composed of inner and outer layers of wire mesh to guarantee durability and reliable support of the double layers of media within. Each layer of media does a separate job: the outermost layer is composed of specifically-designed synthetic needle-felt polyester designed for wet and dry filtration to capture any major contaminants, and the inner layer is made of wet-laid/chemical bonded rayon/polyester, to capture remaining contaminants. All of this filtering might lead you to believe that airflow is restricted, but this is not the case at all – in fact, the filter offers less restriction than comparable kits, as well as a reduction in pressure drop.

Along with increasing the performance of your Mustang, ROUSH Cold Air Kits will slightly change your Mustang’s rumble, and they look much sleeker than the stock air box under the hood.
ROUSH Mustang Cold Air Kits are engineered and tested to ensure that calibration changes are not necessary, and factory mounting locations, emissions, hardware, and vacuum lines are utilized to allow for easy installation. As always, 2015 ROUSH Mustang Cold Air Kits are protected by a 90-day ROUSH Parts Warranty . The air filter with the clamp, injection-molded lower air box/tray with installed EPDM foam hood seal, Blow Molded clean air tubes, heat extractor foam insert, and all required mounting hardware are included with the kit, which is proudly manufactured in the USA.
Now you know the benefits of installing a ROUSH Cold Air Kit on your Mustang (we also offer F-150 cold air intakes) so you can make an educated purchase. Just remember, these kits do NOT fit ROUSHcharged vehicles as they are designed with their air box as a complete package."

Sponsored

Last edited:

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
Does this intake require a tune?

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I got that email yesterday, it created a need for your CAI, price and final availability?

Should go good with the Roush Axle back's that I installed, and now for an X-pipe!

marty-mi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Convertible Oxford White
In looking at the charts, it appears that the turbo starts with 209 hp as compared the the v6@ 240. Am I reading this correctly?

Sponsored

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Any bundle deal on the CAI and the Roush Axel Backs for GT?

OP
OP
Kyle@ROUSH

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Any bundle deal on the CAI and the Roush Axel Backs for GT?
None that I've heard of thus far, I'd say keep an eye on our distributors in the next week or so perhaps they might ?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
eta?

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
A price and availability and a few more pics would be much appreciated.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
CRICKETS

OP
OP
Kyle@ROUSH

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
We're looking at this week, some changes are being made with pricing right now i believe.

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Any news since it is Thursday?

OP
OP
Kyle@ROUSH

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
We were just handed product releases to proof before they're sent so I'd say if not this afternoon probably next week.

OP
OP
Kyle@ROUSH

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Small update, looks like these will be going middle of this week, really nice pieces and the 5.0 kit has a removable MAF tube insert which is cool, you can use the insert and run on a stock tune or remove it for more flow however that will require a tune but its nice as its like getting too kits in one. Very nice quality though, the "dirty" air inlet has been enlarged also.

Sponsored