Sponsored

First Impressions VTT stage 2

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Good to know I was gonna stick with 5,000 intervals until I read this. I'm using dominator 15w50 since I occasionally drive pretty spirited.

But I'm starting to think it's a little too overkill, since I remember you mentioning you guys always used amsoil signature 0-40 in most of your setups with-out any issues.

P.s what's the status on my charge pipes?
Im the one who returned the passenger inlet recently.
Aaron E.
Dominator oil is too aggressive for a modern street car motor. It is extremely high in zinc and phosphorus and that is very harsh on oxygen sensors. It also is not recommended for extended drain interviews like on a street car its strictly designed for racing and caters to high horsepower built motors with increased valve spring pressure or old school carb motors. It is definitely overkill and you will do fine on signature series. (I'm an amsoil dealer)
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Dominator oil is too aggressive for a modern street car motor. It is extremely high in zinc and phosphorus and that is very harsh on oxygen sensors. It also is not recommended for extended drain interviews like on a street car its strictly designed for racing and caters to high horsepower built motors with increased valve spring pressure or old school carb motors. It is definitely overkill and you will do fine on signature series. (I'm an amsoil dealer)
How much is Amsoil? Can't find it in stores anywhere over here. Heard it's pretty top notch for turbos. I currently use Mobile 1 full syn

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much is Amsoil? Can't find it in stores anywhere over here. Heard it's pretty top notch for turbos. I currently use Mobile 1 full syn
If you buy it online it is 11.70 a quart for signature series. if you become a perferred customer which is 10 bucks for a 6 month membership they are around 8.50 a quart. let me know if your interested. my website is Performancesynthetix.com

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I know for sure that the NAPA store in Salem,OR has Amsoil.Check your NAPA store in your area.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know for sure that the NAPA store in Salem,OR has Amsoil.Check your NAPA store in your area.
Dealers go around and try and set up stores with retail accounts, it is not very common though so you will not see many of them and they are not on a chain basis. If you do find them in store though you will pay full retail price plus tax on that so better off becoming a preferred customer and having it shipped right to your door in two days.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Dealers go around and try and set up stores with retail accounts, it is not very common though so you will not see many of them and they are not on a chain basis. If you do find them in store though you will pay full retail price plus tax on that so better off becoming a preferred customer and having it shipped right to your door in two days.
I 100% agree with you!

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that what your running? Also an exciting update, I'll have Tune+ Meth kit on the car soon for the drags. Gonna have it dyno'd prob next week after its on.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Is that what your running? Also an exciting update, I'll have Tune+ Meth kit on the car soon for the drags. Gonna have it dyno'd prob next week after its on.
Any time you add octane to your fuel is a great move for these turbo cars.I am using Mobil1 5w30 at this time,but Amsoil is a great oil and have used in my Harley in the past.

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
Do you have any updates OP??????

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Not to thread-jack but I just installed my TS and only have a tune that Torrie sent me to account for the change. I haven't done any data logging, heck I haven't even taken it to redline because I'm waiting for the 1/4 tank of gas that sat all winter to go to empty. But, what I can tell you is that I didn't know how much I missed that low and mid range power until I felt it again. I ran the single scroll for the past year. The car feels excellent and I can't wait to see how it will feels once dialed in. If it still has the top end of the single, as Vargas advertises, this turbo will not disappoint.

Sponsored

ecoboosting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Ecoboost PP
In tuning process for mine now too :) will get dyno onces all dialed on :)

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Do you have any updates OP??????
Ya I got new apartment lol jk But ya tuning is done and I just need to get an appointment with the guys at Performance HQ here in San Antonio. I'll post my results of course and take a video cause everybody likes those. Sorry for the wait.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya I got new apartment lol jk But ya tuning is done and I just need to get an appointment with the guys at Performance HQ here in San Antonio. I'll post my results of course and take a video cause everybody likes those. Sorry for the wait.
VIDEO!!
Sponsored