Sponsored

Stainless steel clutch line installation guide?

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
I have bought a SS clutch line to replace the stock one but cannot find a reliable installation guide for our S550. Also I am not sure if I need to buy some clutch fluid when some of the stock fluid will be spilled during the installation.

Thanks for any guidance. :)
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It's the same DOT4 fluid as your brakes - same reservoir.

If your clutch line is from Steeda, call them up and they'll connect you with someone that can walk you through it. It's kind of an annoying process, but not that hard. I may have some photos that can be helpful at home. I planned on doing a write up on it, I think, and I halfway through looked at what time it was and realized I needed to get home.

Effectively, you need to remove the stock line from the top, being careful to prevent any fluid dropping onto your headers or paint (good practice). Then remove the line from the upper left front of the transmission. Then go in reverse, but I started by installing at the transmission first, but directions say to start up top. Helpful will be very long needle nose pliers to help snap the line in where it belongs at the transmission. Then you have to bleed the clutch by pressing and bringing up the clutch pedal like 200 damn times until you get pedal back.

Functionally it was not a modification I found particularly worth it. Pedal was a little bit lighter, I'd say. Can't say I had any issues prior - but I just did it to do it, really.

OP
OP
terryz

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
It's the same DOT4 fluid as your brakes - same reservoir.

If your clutch line is from Steeda, call them up and they'll connect you with someone that can walk you through it. It's kind of an annoying process, but not that hard. I may have some photos that can be helpful at home. I planned on doing a write up on it, I think, and I halfway through looked at what time it was and realized I needed to get home.

Effectively, you need to remove the stock line from the top, being careful to prevent any fluid dropping onto your headers or paint (good practice). Then remove the line from the upper left front of the transmission. Then go in reverse, but I started by installing at the transmission first, but directions say to start up top. Helpful will be very long needle nose pliers to help snap the line in where it belongs at the transmission. Then you have to bleed the clutch by pressing and bringing up the clutch pedal like 200 damn times until you get pedal back.

Functionally it was not a modification I found particularly worth it. Pedal was a little bit lighter, I'd say. Can't say I had any issues prior - but I just did it to do it, really.
Wow, Thanks!

Mine is the SR line, bought almost 1 year ago and just lying there collecting dust. I figured they are pretty much the same so why not just get the cheapest one.

I didn't have any issues now with stock one, but hope that maybe the SS line can make the clutch lighter, especially after I swapped the clutch spring to the steeda spring.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree with Wildcatgoal.... I installed one just to install it but to be honest it wasn't worth the trouble... Its not easy to connect on the tranny side, not much space down there... Top side is very easy.

Good Luck
Sponsored