Sponsored

Mustang Sins: Let's Hear Them

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
You know what I've noticed in my city at least. All the people driving v6s and ecoboosts won't wave or check each others cars out. They just straight up ignore me. Only GTs and gt350 are friendly.

And I actually do feel a bit of jealousy when I do see gt350s. I guess this confirms that jealously can come from the i4s and v6s as well, which is 99% of the mustangs here lol.
Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I never get jealous when I see 5.0s, only when I see GT350s, '67-68 GTs and GT500s, and '71 Boss 351s. :headbonk:

Not one person I've met or discussed my car with has ever been disappointed that it's a 4-pot. They're often interested and a curious because everyone here buys the 5.0 and it's boring to see GTs lined up with the exact same exhaust and supercharger kits and mods doing the same thing.

That said, I treat all Mustang owners the same, respectfully. The only engine/model bashing I've ever seen has been the interwebs, where everyone can say and act however they want. Adults can act like egotistical kids and some kids act more mature than adults 2-3x their age.

My sin: I haven't washed my Mustang in at least two weeks.

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Sin #1 - I deliberately parked the Mustang in the garage when it was dirty instead of washing it.

Sin #2 - Perhaps not really a sin -- you guys can decide. At the stop light where it merges into one lane I'll start off slow only to floor it as we get closer to the merge to pass the other guy/gal so I'm first in line.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have a hitch for a bike rack (deal with it).
I'm planning to drive through WI winter (again, deal).
Nada wrong with this. You're in Sheboygan? Yeah winters are rough here. I did 5 SE Wisco winters with my '11 GT. It's fine.

Sponsored

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Like many I rev the engine when next to a distracted driver (texting, makeup, etc). Did the usual this morning at the beginning of rush hour. Woman sitting in the passing lane while being passed on the right and putting on makeup. Revved the hell out of the engine and pulled in front of her, but then see there was a cop in the HOV lane once I got in front. Luckily no ticket.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
I put 4 people in the back seat the other night going from a brewery to a bar. 3 guys 3 girls in total in the car, haha.

The top closed (1 girl was sitting on another's lap) but they wanted the top down so... why not. Thanks god we didn't pass any cops - door to door was only about 6 miles and no one wearing seatbelts obviously. I took side roads.

There was a crowd when we got to the bar - people were impressed, haha. I felt bad for the suspension / back seat leather - had just detailed everything earlier in the day.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Like many I rev the engine when next to a distracted driver (texting, makeup, etc). Did the usual this morning at the beginning of rush hour. Woman sitting in the passing lane while being passed on the right and putting on makeup. Revved the hell out of the engine and pulled in front of her, but then see there was a cop in the HOV lane once I got in front. Luckily no ticket.
haha, did a pull getting off the freeway up to 110 and there was a CHP behind the car behind me. He gave me a look but didint roll me.

These are early warning shots lol

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The intermodel bashing comments have been cleaned up.
Yet, nothing is ever done to stop it. No temporary bans, no nothing. You just brush it under the table. Notice how the GT guys start it every time?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Yet, nothing is ever done to stop it. No temporary bans, no nothing. You just brush it under the table. Notice how the GT guys start it every time?
First, that's not correct information. Second, different people have engaged in this over the past 3 years.

Let me be more clear. If there are further postings in this thread or other ones that are reported, individual accounts will be put on temporary ban or moderated status.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

First, that's not correct information. Second, different people have engaged in this over the past 3 years.

Let me be more clear. If there are further postings in this thread or other ones that are reported, individual accounts will be put on temporary ban or moderated status.
Thank you

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've driven it in the snow and ice. I've driven it in below zero weather. I have a long gravel driveway and my black car is almost perpetually dirty.

I know, I know.. :tsk:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My only sin is spending more money then i should on the car!

OP
OP
QRK

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
My only sin is spending more money then i should on the car!
I'm the opposite haha. I feel like I should have spent more on mine by now. But now that I live in a house with a big garage and have the tools, and it's starting to get cooler out (I like doing my own work and don't want to subject myself to sweating if I don't have to), I'm thinking it's time I start.

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
I love my ecoboost but I definitely get a huge feel of regret every time I hear a gt drive by.
Sponsored