Sponsored

Mustang Sins: Let's Hear Them

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I drive an ECOBOOST everyday and have a BIG bag for all the cash I'm saving on gas, insurance, tires, property tax, car payments and speeding tickets. You get to 60 a second faster than I can but mine handles better than a GT. Grow up and respect your fellow Mustang owners.
You really dont save that much in gas. Speeding tickets are subjective, i got more in the v6 mustang then i did my gt. Insurance was the same. Tires, what tires? That whole " i handle better then a gt" is the good joke my buddy and I talked about when we were considering the eco or the GT. It was a great joke indeed.

My sin. I have an auto transmission. H pipe and Borla S types. So even in paddle mode people can hear its an auto. It makes me crings a little sometimes. But flooring it on the fwy and hitting the gears sounds good so idk
Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I always turn and look and admire my Mustang after I park and I'm walking into the store , business, etc.......

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Ow my head! Dogs in a car, food in a car. I think I need a laydown. I feel guilty putting a potted plant in the trunk in a bag on the rubber protective mats.

My mustang sins.

A) I have stopped correcting people when they say nice Shelby..... because then they tell you no Ford does not have a four cylinder mustang.

B) I contemplate running over people and backing over there tone deaf heads when they say it sounds like a diesel

C) I use the self adjusting cruise control.... I know, but sometimes its the only thing that keeps me from hanging out the window screaming at the F&^^@s that cant maintain a steady speed or who pull into the comfortable safe margin I keep trying to keep in front of me. So I put it into adaptive cruise control mode and search through the menus in desperate hope that rockets have appeared in a sub menu (hopefully with a special Prius Death ray) to deal with these people

D) During the winter when there are fish in the streets of the Northwest, I go two weeks in between washing it.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Last weekend I had finished washing and quick detailing the stang. It was Saturday morning and went out for a quick bite. On my way I pass a few dealerships and a light bulb went off. I remembered the scene on Transformers where Sam is car shopping and the dad pranks him by going through a Porsche dealer. So happens the new Porsche dealer is open and I see the sales guys standing outside. I decided to roll real slow right by them as they stared at the Saleen badges. One of them followed me thinking I was going to park but I kept rolling through. I'm :EVIL:

Another :EVIL: thing I do, if I see anyone crowding around the car from far away, I turn on the alarm. :lol:

I triggered my alarm once on a cat too. Jerk found the hood was warm and from inside the house I lit him up. I've never seen a cat jump so high. :lol:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Ow my head! Dogs in a car, food in a car. I think I need a laydown. I feel guilty putting a potted plant in the trunk in a bag on the rubber protective mats.

My mustang sins.

A) I have stopped correcting people when they say nice Shelby..... because then they tell you no Ford does not have a four cylinder mustang.

B) I contemplate running over people and backing over there tone deaf heads when they say it sounds like a diesel

C) I use the self adjusting cruise control.... I know, but sometimes its the only thing that keeps me from hanging out the window screaming at the F&^^@s that cant maintain a steady speed or who pull into the comfortable safe margin I keep trying to keep in front of me. So I put it into adaptive cruise control mode and search through the menus in desperate hope that rockets have appeared in a sub menu (hopefully with a special Prius Death ray) to deal with these people

D) During the winter when there are fish in the streets of the Northwest, I go two weeks in between washing it.
ha, I liver just to the North of you, and I have not washed my car in a couple of months! Though it has been a rough couple of months where both my wife and I have had fairly major surgeries...

Don't really have too many things, but I do have kids that love to ride in the back seat with the top down! And I generally drive it all year, despite having an Expedition that I could use...

Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Come up to western NC(Asheville area). And I'll show you some fun roads! :). Just come up when I get my 18 GT :)
You live within 100miles of some of the best driving roads in the country. :thumbsup: I'm sure I'd go out driving a lot more if I lived there!

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
What is there to cringe about? You seem like you are worried what others think of auto? I have an auto as well. I wanted auto for daily driving and test drove the manual and didn't like the mt-82.
It's always funny to me when I meet people or hear people talk about how manly manual trans is and their hate on auto trans. I moved here when I was younger, so I grew up driving manual. Only in the US would you have folks thinking there is something manly or complicated about something as simple as manual trans which is the norm everywhere else.
Having said that I do plan on adding a manual car next year but I'll still keep an auto for daily driving.
I dont care what others think. Just wish it was a manual :shrug:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Only in the US would you have folks thinking there is something manly or complicated about something as simple as manual trans which is the norm everywhere else. Having said that I do plan on adding a manual car next year but I'll still keep an auto for daily driving.
Wuss!

:D

I let my kids take McFlurries into the back seat. Now it's even more difficult to get out of the back, since your clothes stick to the seats.

-T

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My car is perpetually dirty (except on the inside, I can't stand that).

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I drive an ECOBOOST everyday and have a BIG bag for all the cash I'm saving on gas, insurance, tires, property tax, car payments and speeding tickets. You get to 60 a second faster than I can but mine handles better than a GT. Grow up and respect your fellow Mustang owners.
:doh:

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I recently had a Subaru BR-Z pick a fight with me. The boy had to be taught a lesson I suppose. I still feel guilty about it though. It's like beating up the retarded kid that was in your class back in school.

I suppose my biggest sin is that I have on two occasions eaten in the car. Sinful because I have told other people to wait until we arrive at our destination before eating. If I get crud on my seats it's my own fault. But if somebody else does it, I have to clean somebody else's mess.

Is it a sin if I have a complete AMC engine in the trunk? Might be doing that next year when I haul the engine to the builders.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I haven't owned a Mustang in nearly 40 years.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Talk about a sin. I dropped my GT off at a local dealer last night to get the AC checked and they had moved their showroom Roush outside and it was nasty dirty. It really looked like no one gave a crap about it. That's a sin.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Drove a stick for 15 years (Volkswagen, BMW) until I moved back to the U.S. and got a 2011 Mustang V6 automatic. This year I bought a 2016 GT with...automatic. I just got tired of traffic/manual on the tiny, jam-packed European roads. I may go stick again with my next Mustang.