Sponsored

Just bought Livernois Severe Windstorm bundle.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hi
Just bought the bundle & I'm expecting to get it this week.

Anyone who has installed it got any tips I can use?
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
It's a CAI and its pretty similar to the Air Raid CAI kit.

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
The CAI should install the same as AirRaid, Livernois has a branding deal or something with them, so it's the same part. Their tune is incredible. Enjoy it

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously thinking about getting this bundle or the pp2. Please let me know how you like it.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get this installed yet Bob?

Hi
Just bought the bundle & I'm expecting to get it this week.

Anyone who has installed it got any tips I can use?

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not yet, I just got the tunes loaded about a half hour ago. I probably won't do the install until this Sat. I'm not really looking to working on the engine after driving home from work, heck, even the hood gets darn hot just trying to lift it when hot. Apparently we have severe weather moving thru tonight too.

scotty-j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have this and its great! I run E85 all the time. Dyno'd 417hp on dynojet with just the intake and E85. Very easy install.

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They sent me the two 93 tunes & the two 91 tunes. I only know of one place around me with E85 so I'm good.

Can't wait for Saturday, rain or shine.

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
I have this and its great! I run E85 all the time. Dyno'd 417hp on dynojet with just the intake and E85. Very easy install.
How is throttle response/tip in? Feel better?

How about from idle to 3000 rpm?

Did you do any other mod to run e85? Fuel pump, injectors, etc? Or plug in tune, fuel up, and await you go?

Been waiting for objective feedback on this package for a while. Spent the thousands over the years with these guys and was always a fan. Just been a while.

Sponsored

scotty-j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
all around just a awesome tune. Its very smooth. I have no other mods (other than Aluminum DS and suspsension) than the intake and flex tune from them. I run E85 all the time with zero issues.

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just installed the Severe Windstom W/93 tune, drove a little on it & I love it! Car seems to pull smoothly like a train. Starting out in second is a lot smoother too.

One other thing, my exhaust seems deeper & more smoothed out without the pops & crackles it had, it could just be me, tho.

I can't wait to see how it is on my daily highway commute & to see if it improves gas mileage at all.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Just installed the Severe Windstom W/93 tune, drove a little on it & I love it! Car seems to pull smoothly like a train. Starting out in second is a lot smoother too.

One other thing, my exhaust seems deeper & more smoothed out without the pops & crackles it had, it could just be me, tho.

I can't wait to see how it is on my daily highway commute & to see if it improves gas mileage at all.
Just wanting to followup on how the car drives since you installed this Livernois tune and kit. What tunes did they provide as you say they had two 93 and two 91 tunes? How is the pull from about 1500rpm? The stock GTPP it doesn't start to come to life until about 4000rpm.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanting to followup on how the car drives since you installed this Livernois tune and kit. What tunes did they provide as you say they had two 93 and two 91 tunes? How is the pull from about 1500rpm? The stock GTPP it doesn't start to come to life until about 4000rpm.
That's a character of the engine. The tune won't change that, it'll just have more at every RPM. If you're hitting it from 1500 rpm, you're doing it wrong, FWIW. Start your pulls at 3000 or higher.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That's a character of the engine. The tune won't change that, it'll just have more at every RPM. If you're hitting it from 1500 rpm, you're doing it wrong, FWIW. Start your pulls at 3000 or higher.
Yep. This is a V8 that acts like a turbo 4 almost.
Sponsored