Sponsored

Mishimoto 160 Degree Thermostat

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Anyone using these or have any thoughts? I have been searching and there seems to be a large debate on whether a 160 degree Tstat will allow the engine to get to proper operating temperatures. I daily drive the car and road race a couple times a month. I am putting in Mishimoto's oil cooler as well, and I was wondering if this would be a good addition or if I should avoid it.

https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-mustang-v6-v8-thermostat-2011.html
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Will Lund need to revise my tune for fan controls or would it already have been set up in the tune for the Paxton I bought from you?

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Don't know about the Coyote, but when I ran a lower thermostat and big radiator (both from Mishi as they were my sponsor) on my Evo X I actually managed to get it so cold they couldn't even tune it out. Ended up having to go back to stock to keep it from being super lean.

Of course that's a turbo 4 vs. a big NA V8 so YMMV obviously.

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
The 170° is a perfect match to the 5.0, Lund even sets the fans to work with it on all his tunes. Want cooler temps, consider upgrading radiator. The PP Unit was great till I went Prochargered, now for safe keeps I went to full aluminum. Also, the MMR cooling mod made a huge different in the extremely hot days with ac on.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
The Reische Performance thermostat is without a doubt the best performing/best selling thermostat available. If you search the forum you'll see tons of testimonials from customers using them who either switched from the stock thermostat or even another aftermarket one to the Reische.

We're Reische's largest distributor and always have these in stock with same day free shipping.

Give us a call if you have any questions or you can place the order from the link below.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/reische-performance-ford-50-170-performance-thermostat.html
ford50.jpg

Thanks, Jared

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The 170° is a perfect match to the 5.0, Lund even sets the fans to work with it on all his tunes. Want cooler temps, consider upgrading radiator. The PP Unit was great till I went Prochargered, now for safe keeps I went to full aluminum. Also, the MMR cooling mod made a huge different in the extremely hot days with ac on.
correct.

works great with the lund tune

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Come and get em. Got plenty of them on the shelf ready to go.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Love my 170 from lethal. My cyl head temps are down from 200-210 (and sometimes higher in traffic) to 180-194 with the Reische 170, coupled with a grill delete. Lund has the fan kick in around 190ish, and it drops down to around 180 on average.
Sponsored