plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I think he's in this forum isnt he?

He used to be, then he had a temper tantrum at some point and basically asked to be banned.

ugh, when you live in canada, after the 12 month sirius livetraffic trial is up (unlike 5 years in states) there is no option to bring it back whatsoever because "canada services are not yet available".. I could use live traffic updates with google maps
Once my 6 month siriusxm subscription lapsed, my livetraffic stopped working. I briefly resubscribed, and livetraffic still doesn't work. Oh well. This was on sync 2, but I doubt it makes a difference.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Can you relay any info you get from them here? Or maybe make a video about this whole fiasco by Ford if they don't pull through with an update by the end of the year?
I will certainly relay any info I get and if Ford doesn't release anything by the end of the year I will definitely make a video complaining about Ford's broken promise.

Reactions: 113
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Once my 6 month siriusxm subscription lapsed, my livetraffic stopped working. I briefly resubscribed, and livetraffic still doesn't work. Oh well. This was on sync 2, but I doubt it makes a difference.
oh thanks for the input, no it doesnt make any difference, services are provided by the same source regardless of the system:thumbsup:

okay so 24 days left to go, the whole company goes on vacation after 25th

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
so... 16 business days.
People don't usually do big software release around holiday especially during this time. Because most people are using their leftover vacation days and no one would be around to fix major issues.

Sponsored

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Not really. You might get a class action lawsuit, it might even win. But all you'd do is make a couple of lawyers really rich and MAYBE get $100 out of it, if you were lucky. This will probably be my first and last Ford anyway (nothing to do with android auto or the car), so while I want it I'm not going to stress over it.
Well buying a car is a pretty big purchase and they can't even meet their promise is a pretty big deal. The update has been delayed for 6 months already and didn't even provide a reason. Who knows how much longer we have to wait? This is not something we can just swallow and let go.

Their poor software is simply unacceptable during this day and age. The software in my $600 phone is light years better than Sync 3. And don't get me started with the $1000 navigation software that takes 15 minutes to get the address right.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Sirius Traffic & Travel Link is an add-on subscription, did you include that in your brief re subscription? Odd you didn't get a longer trial. Somehow though my radio trial was 6 months, my Travel Link trial is five years (!)

View attachment 105118

Last edited:

sidneyvega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sidney
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
People don't usually do big software release around holiday especially during this time. Because most people are using their leftover vacation days and no one would be around to fix major issues.
This is what I've been told from my chat on 12-1-16 at 9pm CST:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doyonne says:
Great, thank you! Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is currently available in 2017 model vehicles only. Ford plans to release a SYNC software update that will allow that feature to work in 2016 model vehicles sometime later this year. We haven’t been given any update on the release date. There was a press release early this year that send “by end of summer”, but the press release has been removed.
Doyonne says:
We have only been told that the update will be released "later this year". When the release date is announced, it will show up on the following link first: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/?gnav=footer-aboutford
Sidney says:
Who can actually give me an answer?
Sidney says:
That's the exact same generic answer I was given last time.
Sidney says:
Some people on the internet are reporting that they have started to roll out the update to 2016 mustangs.
Doyonne says:
An exact date has not been released as of yet but the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto hardware is still scheduled to be released this year. I recommend keeping an eye out on our Owner and Ford Media sites for the next announcement.
Sidney says:
So, before December 31st, 11:59pm?
Doyonne says:
Yes, Ford plans to release a SYNC software update by the end of the year. Unfortunately, we do not have any further details or an exact date and time to provide you. Are you all set at this time?
Sidney says:
No, I have more
Sidney says:
And this will be announced on media sites like the official Ford Mustang Facebook page?
Doyonne says:
It is recommended that you look for the release date and announcement via the following link provided: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/?gnav=footer-aboutford

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really annoying that they can't just give a date out.... :frusty:

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd take that with a grain of salt. Chat CSRs generally rank lowest on the chain of knowing any relevant information.

The script is from when Ford actually intended to releaseit in 2016.

sidneyvega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sidney
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd take that with a grain of salt. Chat CSRs generally rank lowest on the chain of knowing any relevant information.

The script is from when Ford actually intended to releaseit in 2016.
Yeah, I could tell it was a script. I just wanted to share in case anyone was wondering about what chat support was saying. It's almost like talking to a chat bot.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ok time to start a petition.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
shame but i don't think this will ever come to our cars. Honestly I'm thinking about getting a cheap android phone and seeing if I can find a update somewhere that will allow me to download and install car play.

There was that like 600/700 option for the Android module to be installed on existing Sync 3 cars. Basically allows you to boot into SYNC or Android.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
shame but i don't think this will ever come to our cars. Honestly I'm thinking about getting a cheap android phone and seeing if I can find a update somewhere that will allow me to download and install car play.

There was that like 600/700 option for the Android module to be installed on existing Sync 3 cars. Basically allows you to boot into SYNC or Android.
the problem, there is no HDMI in so we cant use android stick.
in my previous car i used to use an android stick with RChained and tether off my cell data. it worked flawlessly including touch and everything. i am beyond pissed.
a 2016 mustang cant do what freaking VOLVO can, VOLVO ppl, VOLVO. like freaking VOOOOLLLLVVVVVOOOOO are doing androind and CP on their freaking cars. and our 2016 brand new sync3 technology cant . u know what they should do??????? they should freaking send us all Sync3 2.0 upgrade for free at the dealers. i am beyond pissed at this point. i promise u on the last day of the year they will say "delayed till mid 2017".

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
So baiscially, sync3 on these cars is more useless than Sync 2 (myford touch) was on my GT500, and on the 2015 cars. Nice ford.. Way to go!!

srcstc.gif