Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
siriusxm is a rip off just to have that feature.. $20 a month :frusty:
You don't have to subscribe to SiriusXM to have that as a feature. If you setup an account and login you'll see it's free for five years.
Sponsored

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
I updated to the new Sync 3 a few months ago and everything has been working great. Then about a month ago my backup camera went out and I took it into Ford to have replaced under warranty and the technician said he wasn't able to activate the new backup camera and most likely because I have the Sync 3 and they don't have the required software to communicate with Sync 3 since it hasn't officially been released for the Mustangs yet.

Any ideas or suggestions? I really miss my backup camera :frusty:
I'm having the same issue. Looks like I will be downgrading to 2.2 before I take in for service (the backup camera is on order).

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I updated to the new Sync 3 a few months ago and everything has been working great. Then about a month ago my backup camera went out and I took it into Ford to have replaced under warranty and the technician said he wasn't able to activate the new backup camera and most likely because I have the Sync 3 and they don't have the required software to communicate with Sync 3 since it hasn't officially been released for the Mustangs yet.
I'm having the same issue. Looks like I will be downgrading to 2.2 before I take in for service (the backup camera is on order).
I am no QNX guru, but considering QNX is the platform on which all current Sync software is built (regardless of vehicle), that sounds like bogus reason to fix your Mustang. I am pretty certain they could at least get you back to v2.2. Now there *could* be a hardware fault within the camera or circuit, which would require a replacement part. But just saying they can't resolve your issue because you have a newer version of Sync than what is "officially" available makes no sense :shrug:

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How do you downgrade to 2.2 if needed?

Sponsored

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
How do you downgrade to 2.2 if needed?
Download 2.2 to a flash drive, plug it into car, and wait 20 mins. Same way as other updates.
I don't have a link to 2.2. Perhaps someone else has it and is willing to share.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Any ideas or suggestions? I really miss my backup camera :frusty:
this might be a far fetch but does your decklid have a gap from the body panel? mine does and I can see the 3m coming off where the camera is and maybe its got water damage (2016 and prior MY)

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
are you cameras just cutting out in the cold?

My camera doesn't work if it's freezing, but always works just fine again when it thaws.
Yes, it is temperature related, but I have two other cars in the family with camera's that work just fine when it gets cold. I use my camera daily and want it working through the long winter here in the Northeast.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm still having an issue updating my 2016 non nav to sync version 2.3. I receive a mem_erro3 in the middle of the install. I went ahead and downloaded the 2017 non nav update and was comparing it to the 2016 version. The one thing I found interesting was the version numbers between the two. The 2016 version shows 2.3.17109 while the 2017 version shows 2.3.16074.

I wonder if this is just a coincidence or perhaps there was a mix up?

My question is has anyone tried to install the 2017 version on a 2016 unit? If so any success? :cheers:

[/URL]

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I'm still having an issue updating my 2016 non nav to sync version 2.3. I receive a mem_erro3 in the middle of the install. I went ahead and downloaded the 2017 non nav update and was comparing it to the 2016 version. The one thing I found interesting was the version numbers between the two. The 2016 version shows 2.3.17109 while the 2017 version shows 2.3.16074.

I wonder if this is just a coincidence or perhaps there was a mix up?

My question is has anyone tried to install the 2017 version on a 2016 unit? If so any success? :cheers:

[/URL]
That last number is just a build number for the minor version. It means they developed the update for the '17 before making a small change for the '16.

Sponsored

pdario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo
That last number is just a build number for the minor version. It means they developed the update for the '17 before making a small change for the '16.
I always thought it was YY+ddd day of the year...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I always thought it was YY+ddd day of the year...
That is still just a build order, although I seriously doubt v2.3 was built for either car before v2.2 was released.

The numbers chosen could mean a number of things... Epoch time, compilation number, employee number + Julidan Calendar date, team number + build count...

it's a way to differentiate between v2.3 releases.

pdario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo
The numbers chosen could mean a number of things... Epoch time, compilation number, employee number + Julidan Calendar date, team number + build count...
Yes, but if it's yyddd it means it can only increase, greater numbers mean newer versions.
Plus we should not see anything bigger than 366 for ddd.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Are you sure you're using the correct update file? I updated my wife's Escape from Sync 2 to Sync 3 using 4dtech. They maintain a page with software updates:

https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/

It appears there are two different 2.3 update files. Which one you use is hardware dependent. Further, I spoke at length with tech support at 4dtech. I'm told they did extensive testing and found no performance difference between 2.2 and 2.3. The only benefit to 2.3 is it allows you to run Sygic nav software on your phone as an app, so if you're not using Sygic then there really isn't any benefit to updating from 2.2 to 2.3.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Are you sure you're using the correct update file? I updated my wife's Escape from Sync 2 to Sync 3 using 4dtech. They maintain a page with software updates:

https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/

It appears there are two different 2.3 update files. Which one you use is hardware dependent. Further, I spoke at length with tech support at 4dtech. I'm told they did extensive testing and found no performance difference between 2.2 and 2.3. The only benefit to 2.3 is it allows you to run Sygic nav software on your phone as an app, so if you're not using Sygic then there really isn't any benefit to updating from 2.2 to 2.3.
That's actually great news. Sygic is the way to go for those of us who refuse to pay for 4G data plans! Sygic is 100% offline navigation (except for map downloads, of course)
Sponsored