Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports 2015 GT Supercharger Build

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to enjoy the car this summer and not worry about any more engine work until later this year most likely. It's a great kit and it's driving magnifcently well so far. No reason to force the issue. By the time it's ready to go in for upgrades, I should have the suspension even more dialed in and hopefully Livernois will have good news about an e85 tune.
Sponsored

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to enjoy the car this summer and not worry about any more engine work until later this year most likely. It's a great kit and it's driving magnifcently well so far. No reason to force the issue. By the time it's ready to go in for upgrades, I should have the suspension even more dialed in and hopefully Livernois will have good news about an e85 tune.
Hmm, are you not getting any followup from Livernois further to your questions? Just curious as I'm considering this package but live a looong ways away from Dearborn, MI and follow up will be important if and when I need it.

A few pages back you sounded over the top happy with this package. Now it appears your looking for more. This hp & tq thing ... must be the new high eh, lol.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
any pics of what the intercooler looks like? The intake manifold looks really shallow so I'm wondering what the core size of the intercooler is. Looks like it could maybe be 2" thick...but no where near as thick as the VMP/Roush/Ford one...not bashing, just wondering
Not one of the current build, we do have another vehicle in here for the same package. I'll get the marketing team to snap a few photos.
Does this Livernois SC come with the external intercooler like the exact same but "tuner version" of this SC, which is sold directly from Magnuson (for $4,495.00)? see following links.

http://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com/product-p/01-23-50-005-bl.htm
http://cdn3.volusion.com/gkpbr.vzyqc/v/vspfiles/photos/01-23-50-005-BL-3T.jpg?1470161655

Just curious if it comes with that external intercooler too?

If a person bought the mail order version of this SC from Livernois for the $5,499.99 does this include the Livernois tuner (LPP631124) or is that another $599.99 extra (aka $6,100)? If the tuner isn't included, just wondering why one wouldn't just by the SC from Magnuson directly $4,495.00 and buy the tuner from Livernois (aka $$5,100). I must be missing something from this equation? I don't want to sound like an ass but am just wanting to better understand whats involved and included from Livernois or am I comparing apples and oranges?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not sure you could get that package from Magnuson directly. It says "Not in stock" and also, Livernois did a few tweaks to this kit to get it to work outta the box on 2015-2017 cars. It does come with a pretty thin intercooler, but I'm in AZ and it seems just fine. The Livernois mail order kit DOES come with their own tuner included and free tunes for life I think.. The Livernois tune was really bad for my car, so I went with a custom tune via an SCT tuner device.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Not sure you could get that package from Magnuson directly. It says "Not in stock" and also, Livernois did a few tweaks to this kit to get it to work outta the box on 2015-2017 cars. It does come with a pretty thin intercooler, but I'm in AZ and it seems just fine. The Livernois mail order kit DOES come with their own tuner included and free tunes for life I think.. The Livernois tune was really bad for my car, so I went with a custom tune via an SCT tuner device.
Thanks Ggradtech. Sounds like you bought the Livernois mail order version of this SC Kit, but their supplied tunes just didn't work very well on your car? That certainly doesn't sound very good. In particular since it's all their products. What were the problem(s), were they not able to resolve them or did they just not work with you to resolve them? If they have all the info. about your car (ie: mods etc), one would think that they would be able to get the tune bang on perfect? Crazy that another tuner like SCT could do it for you, but not Livernois.

On a side note, but in line with what I might be hearing above. I've asked a few questions to Livernois directly over the last 3 weeks via their website and have yet to receive a response ... I sure hope this isn't a sign of their commitment level to customers or perspective customers????

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Did you try to get in contact with us? We couldve just made some minor adjustments on your tune itself, I apologize for the inconvenience, we are always working on our tunes to make sure everything runs perfect but sadly not all cars run perfectly like they are supposed to

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Ggradtech. Sounds like you bought the Livernois mail order version of this SC Kit, but their supplied tunes just didn't work very well on your car? That certainly doesn't sound very good. In particular since it's all their products. What were the problem(s), were they not able to resolve them or did they just not work with you to resolve them? If they have all the info. about your car (ie: mods etc), one would think that they would be able to get the tune bang on perfect? Crazy that another tuner like SCT could do it for you, but not Livernois.

On a side note, but in line with what I might be hearing above. I've asked a few questions to Livernois directly over the last 3 weeks via their website and have yet to receive a response ... I sure hope this isn't a sign of their commitment level to customers or perspective customers????
I have been answering questions in our helpdesk for quite some time and in the past few weeks i have not seen anything on a SC so maybe it was just a website error or maybe somebody else assigned the ticket to themselves but i do apologize for the lack of response!

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have the kit from livernois. Their tune works great and never had an issue. 600 whp for 5500 bucks. Any time I have wanted tune change I put request in and they have changed shifts points, throttle , whatever you ask For

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
I have the kit from livernois. Their tune works great and never had an issue. 600 whp for 5500 bucks. Any time I have wanted tune change I put request in and they have changed shifts points, throttle , whatever you ask For
Glad you love the product and we appreciate the good feedback!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Any idea of a similar deal coming this off-season Livernois?
The deals come and go, so far we dont have anything, normally we do discounts on things when we have alot in stock and they dont sell, but we havent come into any of that lately

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
I have been answering questions in our helpdesk for quite some time and in the past few weeks i have not seen anything on a SC so maybe it was just a website error or maybe somebody else assigned the ticket to themselves but i do apologize for the lack of response!
Thank you very much for responding. I was dealing with Matt and as you can read in my e-mail below was getting frustrated by the lack of response in my prior e-mails and the questions asked through your website. Here is a cut and paste in italics of the last e-mail I had sent Matt on Nov 2. Please don't take this as an insult, but felt I needed to ask all these specific details to ensure I understand what is involved in getting a SC and what it would cost.

Matt,

Thanks, yes I can read that from your website. However, my questions were specific for a reason, I’ll elaborate further.

Your site has no mention of a tune for this supercharger, which I’m guessing is necessary for it to work.

1. Is there a tune required, and is it covered in the $5,499.99 price?
2. If a tune is not required does this SC provide the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs as quoted?
3. If a tune is not required but the SC does not provide the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs, what hp/tq will it provide?
4. If a tune is not required and the SC does not provide the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs, what is required to get to the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs?
5. If a tune is required and not included in the $5,499.99 price, what does the tune cost to get to the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs as quoted?
6. If a tune is required do I need to get the Livernois tuner?
7. If a tune is required how do I get the tune if I buy the SC and get it delivered to me, to install?
8. If I need to get the Livernois tuner, what does the Livernois tuner and tunes cost if bundled with the SC?
9. What is required and what does it cost to get to the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs as quoted?
10. Further to the above question, if Livernois does all the work what do you charge to install over and above the parts, so the customer walks out with the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs?
11. What is the cost for the OPG and the installation of the OPG if done by Livernois?
12. Is there anything more I should know?

I apologize for all the questions, but need to learn and ensure I know everything. Please answer all these questions individually even though some of them may get answered in a prior question.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Thank you very much for responding. I was dealing with Matt and as you can read in my e-mail below was getting frustrated by the lack of response in my prior e-mails and the questions asked through your website. Here is a cut and paste in italics of the last e-mail I had sent Matt on Nov 2. Please don't take this as an insult, but felt I needed to ask all these specific details to ensure I understand what is involved in getting a SC and what it would cost.

Matt,

Thanks, yes I can read that from your website. However, my questions were specific for a reason, I’ll elaborate further.

Your site has no mention of a tune for this supercharger, which I’m guessing is necessary for it to work.

2. If a tune is not required does this SC provide the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs as quoted?
3. If a tune is not required but the SC does not provide the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs, what hp/tq will it provide?
4. If a tune is not required and the SC does not provide the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs, what is required to get to the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs?
5. If a tune is required and not included in the $5,499.99 price, what does the tune cost to get to the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs as quoted?
7. If a tune is required how do I get the tune if I buy the SC and get it delivered to me, to install?
8. If I need to get the Livernois tuner, what does the Livernois tuner and tunes cost if bundled with the SC?
9. What is required and what does it cost to get to the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs as quoted?
10. Further to the above question, if Livernois does all the work what do you charge to install over and above the parts, so the customer walks out with the 120hp/120tq at the wheel specs?
11. What is the cost for the OPG and the installation of the OPG if done by Livernois?

I apologize for all the questions, but need to learn and ensure I know everything. Please answer all these questions individually even though some of them may get answered in a prior question.
1 = Yes its required, not sure if its covered in that price. Web site doesn't say.
2,3,4 =read answer to question 1
5 = Livernois can answer that
6 = No, you can buy the kit and have any one tune it with their tuner of choice but since its livernois kit and I would go with their full package including tune.
7 = Tuner comes in the mail and the tune updates to the tuner over the internet via livernois servers
8 = Livernois can answer that
9 = The supercharger kit and a tune/tuner
10 = Livernois can answer that
11 = Livernois can answer that
12 = Read the forced induction forums.

Hope that helps a bit.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)

Matt,

It would probably be easier to answer your questions if you called me, 313-561-5500 extension 104, we have been hearing that matt was very unresponsive to customers and he is no longer with us so that could be another reason
Sponsored